[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 5'10 145lb DYEL. Is SL 5x5 a good option for me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1482563946051.jpg (333KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1482563946051.jpg
333KB, 1000x1333px
I'm a 5'10 145lb DYEL.

Is SL 5x5 a good option for me?
>>
>>42145120

No, SL is a meme program. It's like if you played a game of chinese whispers and started with SS, by the end of the game you would end up with the watered down retarded SL.

Do SS, all of the phases, as written.
>>
>>42145140
I've seen SS memed here and laughed at far more than SL
>>
>>42145151
They are the same thing, and they are both powerlifting programs.
If u wanna go the PL route do either.

If you just wanna look good, find/make a decent split.
>>
>>42145151

Go an read the logs on the SL forums and see what results people self report, then go read the results people self report on the SS forums.

Or just understand the SS program and see how SL is just a single phase of the SS program marketed into an app for idiots like you who don't know about programming.

>>42145175
>They are the same thing, and they are both powerlifting programs.

They are both fundamentally different, and neither are powerlifting programs.
>>
>>42145120

If you're new to lifting, literally just pick one of the beginner programs. So many beginners sit around trying to analyze and see which program is better. It honestly doesn't matter. Just pick one and stick with it for at least 3 months. You'll make strength gains regardless.
>>
>>42145120

sl is fine. so is ss. just choose one and stick to it. sticking is the important part.
>>
>>42145190
>It honestly doesn't matter.

Unless you're interested in consistent long term progress. Which I get the feeling not many people are around here.

>>42145194
> sticking is the important part.

No it isn't, why would you stick to a program that's only designed to work for about 5-6 weeks
>>
>>42145188
This guy is a retard and doesn't know what he's talking about fyi, SS and SL might as well be the same thing and you should be moving on from either one after the first few months of lifting.

These is correct >>42145194
>>42145190
>>
File: IMG_4820.jpg (3KB, 52x65px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4820.jpg
3KB, 52x65px
other...
programs...
>>
>>42145214
>SS and SL might as well be the same thing

This really shows how little you know about SS if you can't see the fundamental differences between it and SL.

You try and find me someone who did SL to the letter for 9 months and you'll realise just how different they are. Not that hard to find someone who followed SS method to the letter for 6-9 months.
>>
>>42145244
>You try and find me someone who did SL to the letter for 9 months and you'll realise just how different they are. Not that hard to find someone who followed SS method to the letter for 6-9 months.

Anyone who is doing either program for 6 months or more is a brain damaged retard who doesn't know what they're doing.
>>
>>42145255
>Anyone who is doing either program for 6 months or more is a brain damaged retard who doesn't know what they're doing.

Yep all these talented teenagers hitting 405+ squats 3x5 are brain damaged retards.
>>
>>42145308
You sound like a bloated SS faggot who's trying to justify sticking with a beginner program for over a year.
>>
>>42145327

>6-9 months
>a year
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.