[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is my rapid weight loss?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Kumiko.jpg (103KB, 758x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kumiko.jpg
103KB, 758x720px
In March, I weight 229 pounds. I was diagnosed as having prediabetes with an A1C level of 5.8%. Cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels were normal. Also, I have iron-deficient anemia.

I made an effort in losing weight and eating healthy. I got my bloodwork done again and my A1C is at 5.3% as of May.

I lost a lot of weight by making an effort in exercising (lots of cardio EVERY DAY and some lifting on some days) as well as eating better (oatmeal for breakfast, turkey slice sandwiches on ezekiel bread for lunch, kiwis or pears for snacks between lunch and dinner, and whatever my family makes for dinner such as pinto beans, brown rice, and some form of chicken, or something with veggies.)

Now I'm at 175 pounds. Many have commented on my rapid weight loss and giving me compliments. Some have said I lost weight too fast and such.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm wondering if there's a danger with this weight loss while being prediabetic. Can anyone familiar with beetus give me advice on what I should/shouldn't be doing?
>>
>>42142629
you're probably gonna die, dude
>>
>>42142629
>iron-deficient anemia.
R u a grill?
>>
>>42142629
>Am I doing something wrong?

NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT.

>Some have said I lost weight too fast and such.

100% these people are fat and jealous of your progress & strength of will, or fat enablers who get off of looking down on fat people.

IGNORE THEM
>>
>>42142637
Elaborate

>>42142654
i'm a guy.

>>42142684
>NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic

>100% these people are fat and jealous of your progress & strength of will, or fat enablers who get off of looking down on fat people.

>IGNORE THEM
Are you sure? Is there a danger for fast weight loss if I'm prediabetic?
>>
>>42142629
The opposite. Studies have shown that pre-diabetes can be REVERSED with lifestyle changes including WEIGHT LOSS, change in diet, and REGULAR EXERCISE.
>>
>>42142629
Same thing happen to me. Went from 250 to 180 from August to December. Couldn't go lower than that so I took a break and in 2 month bounced back to 230
>>
>>42142701
>Are you sure? Is there a danger for fast weight loss if I'm prediabetic?

Yes. And NO. If you are hitting your macros, avoiding foods on diabetes avoid list, and feeling good, then you are FINE.
>>
>>42142629
>Am I doing something wrong?
Unless you'll rebound no.

I lost 35kg in 6 months which should have been too much but I'm still healthy and I haven't ballooned back up in the 3 years since then.
>>
>>42142701
>Are you sure? Is there a danger for fast weight loss if I'm prediabetic?

What's a matter buttercup, you looking for someone to tell you it's OK to eat that pint of Hagandaazs?
>>
>>42142629
>Also, I have iron-deficient anemia.

How? It's even more weird when you're a guy.

Other than that, good job with the weight loss. The only issue with losing weight fast is a larger amount of loose skin. You can still save yourself from beetus.
>>
>>42142761
It might have something to do with a moderate hemorroid I had last year. On some occasions, I would experience rectal bleeding.
I had a colonoscopy done on me a few months ago and i started taking this stuff
https://www.vitacost.com/flora-floradix-floravital-iron-and-herbs

>You can still save yourself from beetus.
Is there any other tips you can give? I'm not a regular visitor of this board.
>>
>>42142814
work with your doctor and clinical dietician to find a balanced approach to your nutrition that you will be able to maintain for LIFE. if you feel you are over exterting yourself now, then you will rebound. lifelong health is about changing your eating and exercise habits FOR LIFE. that's why finding a maintanable balance is important.
>>
>>42142814
Diet low in simple sugars, so no sweets or soda.
Lots of protein and complex carbs.
Omega-3 fats (found in fish, flaxseed)
Keep monitoring closely your blood sugar and visit your doctor accordingly to his advice

Weight loss and permanent dietary changes are the most important in order to stop beetus from developing. Regular exercise also helps a lot to stabilize blood glucose levels.
>>
>>42142854
I don't feel like I'm overexerting myself.
If anything, the few times I do eat junk food (like pizza, fried chicken,etc.) are during social events. Oftentimes, I feel compelled to go to the gym and run it all off.

>>42142860
I've definitely been eating oatmeal and ezekiel bread, so I got the avoiding simple carbs stuff down. I take Omega 3 supplements when I eat as well as B12 vitamins.
I do monitor my blood sugar levels. During resting periods of not eating it's around 75-85, whearas it is at 100 about two hours after eating a meal.
>>
>>42142710
That sucks. Are you also prediabetic?
>>
I went from 225-175lbs between the beginning of January and the mid-tend of April.
I think it's fine, I definitely feel good. Only thing I'd be concerned about in both our cases is the massive loss of gains that comes with that steep of a drop in weight.
>>
>>42142629
when i was 17 I went from 210 lbs to 155 in 4 months

>high school
>have big biceps and forearms
>read sticky on /fit/ 2 years ago
>cut, lose a lot of muscle but still have defined chest and arms
>no abs
>get from being called fat to anorexic in the same year
>>
>>42144776
Yea. I dialed back on the lifting and have gotten soft. Gonna get back into lifting
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.