[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to gain some muscle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Trying to get some muscle, plan on joining the Marine Corp soon, and I want to do outstanding on my everything, including P.T. At 5'10, I weigh about 115 lbs. Just started working out, able to do 50 push ups, but want to do more. Any suggestions on how to get fit asf?

Pic not related, is retarded friend
>>
OP here. Every 10 push ups take short break. Should have included that. Need to build up that number.
>>
>>42137667

Army Veteran here. Don't join the service, you aren't defending America in the least. You'll be killing in the name of the international banking system, while watching your friends get dismembered, only for all of you to come home permanently fucked with no health care because the VA only exists to keep crippled vets quiet.

On to the rest of it. Lift weights and start running, and I mean run a fucking lot. 50 push ups isn't shit. You have to do that as part of the Physical Training test, but the running is a mother fucker. And sit ups.

Shit, just eat more, lift weights, and do push ups, sit ups, and running until you're on the verge of fucking puking. That'll get you ready for Boot Camp, should you still decide to throw your life away by joining the service.

If you're signing up for the MGI Bill, then join the god damn Air Force so you can keep your body and mind intact for the rest of your life.
>>
>>42137710
As of current, military situation in middle east is FUBAR. But plan on going through college first through NROTC scholarship, then going to Marine OCS to become an officer. Hopefully Middle east situation is handled, doubt it though, but idk. I know OCS is probably gonna be more challenging, Any recommendations on diet? A bit underweight but I eat a lot, metabolism is too good, barely been gaining weight.

Live pretty much on a hill, I'd say the slope is somewhat the size of a football field, give or take. What's a good amount of time to run up and don't it for starters? To avoid too many shin splints. Also, for my size and weight, what's a good starter for lifting?
>>
>>42137736

If you're dead set on joining, being an officer is the way to go. Keep yourself as far away from the fight as possible for as long as possible.

For the shin splints try this:
http://www.runnersworld.com/the-body-shop/4-exercises-to-prevent-shin-splints

I used to run cross country, and in track did 800 and 1600m, never had issue with shin splints. Just stretched before and after every run, with a light job before the actual run.

As far as starting, aim for 1 mile in 10 minutes. You'll need to do 2 miles in under 16 minutes or so once you join.

If you have a gym membership, use the freights. Start with light weights, if you can do whatever exercise 15 times, you're too light. Do that for each exercise until the find what your actual strength is in terms of weight.

Helpful?
>>
>>42137787
Sorry, freights is free weights.
>>
1x Sticky reads to comprehension
>>
Probably gonna get a gym membership soon. Would you recommend cross country? Or is there a better alternative? Also, what's the best way to tell how long a mile is without any markers already set? Appreciate the help so far.
>>
>>42137817

Cross Country is only for people who like running. You can mark out a mile with a car's odometer using landmarks.
>>
>>42137667
>5'10
>115
Get some meat on you're bones skeleton
>>
>>42137736
There's no way in hell someone like you'd ever make infantry officer (assuming you're OP) so your best bet is to eat a lot to gain weight and meet standards for the PFT.
>>
>>42137829
>>42137834
Gotcha. Any tips as to gaining more weight? Underweight, need to gain about 10 or so pounds to meet the requirements for USMC weight range requirement. Don't usually eat a lot during the day, minus a snack for breakfast. Around dinner is when I eat the most, but I can eat a lot, 21 ounce steak and some change usually when going out to eat. We have a lot at the house, but I'm not usually hungry. My diet pretty much consists of pizza, beef, chicken, pork, rice, and potato's. Any good foods you'd recommend eating?
>>
>>42137846
I know that right now, but I have about 5ish years to change that. Focusing on getting that before I can even enlist, then maintaining or building on to strength and weight.
>>
>>42137866
Just eat more in general. Try using "My Fitness Pal" if you're really that worried about it. It's a website and an app.
>>
>>42137957
>>42137829
>>42137787
>>42137710

Gonna get off for the night, prob post in morning or some shit. Appreciate the help so far anon('s?)
>>
>>42137866
Try protein shakes and mass gainers
>>
>>42138010
This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.