[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadlift Form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: deadlift form.png (26KB, 1002x907px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift form.png
26KB, 1002x907px
OK /fit/ so I had a question about the nuances of DL form.

I have always struggled with DL form but I think I have had a breakthrough today. I kept reviewing DL footage and couldn't get rid of the slight arch in my back around my shoulders. In frustration I went and worked on bis.

Between sets I experimented with the curl bar. I noticed that when I had the bar further from my ankle I could complete a DL with much better form.

My mate who is bigger than me, therefore must know better than me had me convinced that you want the bar very close to your ankle during my DLs. It's just bro science.

So my question is basically is what my mate said bro science and should I just position my feet in a way that lets me complete the movement with good form or is there something I am not considering.

Pic related.
>>
>>42136825

>Serious question about the fundamental principles of lifting is going to get 404'd to make room for more Boogie threads.
>>
>>42136825
If the bar isnt touching your legs all the way up, you're putting unneeded weight on your back and blah blah

Watch this and you'll understand.
https://youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc
>>
>>42136825
>It's just bro science.

the correct way to do an exercise is "bro science" because you have a tight lower back and hamstrings

pretending to care about "fundamentals" after you say retard shit like this. learn to stretch.
>>
exercise science bro here

your arms should not be straight up and down but rather you should be *leaning over* the bar with the bar at your ankles. is this your issue?

why didn't you post your dl footage you absolute faggot, so i don't have to guess?
>>
File: Figure-1-Top[1].jpg (44KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Figure-1-Top[1].jpg
44KB, 620x349px
>>42136974
woops, pic related
>>
>>42136962
>>42136974
>>42136986
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-technique-deadlift-setup/
>>
>>42136825
your upper back is rounding because its weak as shit, making lockout impossible

glide the bar across your shins, actively PULL the bar to your legs with your lats

yt chris duffin deadlift
>>
>>42136825
>cut foot in half under bar (foot not shoe) shoulder width or less
>bend down keeping legs straight to grab the bar, pull tension out of the bar
>bring your ass down until your shins touch the bar
>draw a deep breath and flex your entire core
>pull
>>
>>42137003
This is basically a good starting point by cutting your foot in half. I've found that as my diddly has gotten stronger I've actually brought my ass down a little lower, thereby bringing my feet back a small amount initially. But you should basically be dragging the bar up your shins
>>
I have the same problem(it is a problem). You see people complain about scratching their shins, never happens to me. Because I have shit mobility and can't start the lift low enough it is more comfortable for me to keep the bar further away from ankles.
Some of its just body proportions too. Long femurs get in the way. Wider stance helps but the lift starts to look like sumo.
>>
>>42136825
woah woah woah are yo saying that when bar is higher it's easier to lift than when it's lower. Wait could that be possible?
>>
>>42136986
This is a horrible graphic. Its dead wrong. The center of gravity is all off and not over midfoot.
>>
File: 1500012025070.png (31KB, 1002x907px) Image search: [Google]
1500012025070.png
31KB, 1002x907px
>>42136825
What about this?
>>
>>42137053
kys please
>>
>>42137044
bzzt fucking wrong.

read >>42136998
>>
File: over 3000 dead lift.png (145KB, 1002x1211px) Image search: [Google]
over 3000 dead lift.png
145KB, 1002x1211px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.