[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one fix knees going inwards when squatting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0183.jpg (112KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0183.jpg
112KB, 750x750px
How does one fix knees going inwards when squatting?
>>
Concentrate on pushing them outward. Deload until you can do it properly.
>>
>>42135313
Mostly focus and proper warm up. Do glute activation drills, specifically abductors
>>
>>42135313
Drop like 100 lbs and squat with your knees pressed out, do this until you find the top weight you can do 5 of

If your knees go in even a little don't count it

If you do it right your inner thighs will be sore af because this is the first time your hip adductors worked

Source: I now bench and squat 195x5 cause my good girl muscles are pathetic and weak
>>
Good Girl/Bad Girl Machine as accesory or Single Leg Work focus on not repeating the same pattern.
>>
>>42135425
>hip adductors push knees out
t. Brainlet
>>
>>42135313
Squat on your own and at the bottom using your hands press your knees inwards, if it moves without much effort then you need to go wider or afjust thr angle of your foot going outwards.
>>
>>42135554
Yes, because the abs don't ever get used in any real exercises right? People inhaling before a rep are retarded, why create intra-abdominal pressure when you're not doing crunches in the middle of your squats/dls
>>
You gotta learn how to push through your heels while also trying to drive them away from you. Look up Ben Pakulski he has a ton of great videos on proper form and muscle intention. The squeeze I get in my muscles are unreal after finding out how to contract them correctly. Your strength will suffer for a bit until you get it right but you will working out with perfect form with his advice.
>>
It depends on various factors. A visual assessment is what's really needed to know for certain.

Possible causes:
-Tight calves: Stretch and/or wear oly shoes
-Weak/tight hips: Stretch and humping exercises (hip thrusts)
-Flat feet: Wear corrective shoe inserts and/or push down on your big toe hard when you squat

That's all off the top of my head.
>>
>>42135601
You... dont know what hip abductors are.
>>
>>42136933
thanks for the flat feet tips, i have like 1 flat foot and 1 normal foot and im always shiftin my weight between squat reps :(
>>
>>42135313
Its all foot placement, your feet should be outwards instead of facing forward.
Watch this to learn more
https://youtu.be/bs_Ej32IYgo
>>
>>42135313
practice

all you gotta do is be conscious about your knees for a few months and then you'll be good. after a year or two you wont even have to try to push them outwards.
>>
>>42135313
I just started squatting with a super narrow stance to put the knees where they want to go in the first place so they have nowhere to cave to. I figured the knees want to go here because it's the greatest position of quad strength.
>>
lol this fucking thread.

Turn your feet out more.
>>
>>42135601
it's time to learn anatomy my man.
>>
Ask Isley
>>
Jesus fuck it's like nobody read SS. This is covered extensively in the book. The amount of misinformation and mental retardation itt is staggering. Stop being jewfags and buy the damn thing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.