[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan Bulking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (15).jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (15).jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
Redpill me on going vegan and bulking.
>>
>>42129879
It's the same as bulking if you weren't vegan. Eat more calories than your maintenance... dumbass
>>
>>42129905
I understand bulking, I'm asking for reasons to go vegan and continue bulking. How fucking new are you
>>
It's easier to bulk as a vegan I think considering most legumes are a 3:1 carb to protein ratio. As long as you're getting a sufficient amount of protein per day then cutting isn't an issue for a vegan
>>
>>42129979
You made that so obvious with your question. There are no reasons why going vegan would affect your bulk, proving adequate kcals/macros... dumbass
>>
>>42129879
Eat lots of beans, nuts, seeds. Tofu is a great source of protein as well, but pretty low in calories overall, eat it with your veggies.
>>
If you want to bulk as a vegan, you're gonna need some test-e.
>>
File: 2015-2017 progress.jpg (157KB, 820x559px) Image search: [Google]
2015-2017 progress.jpg
157KB, 820x559px
>>42129879
Vegan bulk/cut/bulk results.
Bulked for getting some muscle, cut for triathlon and running, bulked for PL competition in August

It's literally the same as bulking with meat except you actually have to work for your results.
Tofu is your new chicken.
Hemp protein shakes with peanut butter and almond milk are your new whey/milk.
Eat lots of rice/beans/quinoa/buckwheat.
Supplement with B12 (you should be doing this even if you aren't vegan)
Creatine is even more effective because you aren't getting it from red meat.
>>
>>42129879
You might as well not bother lifting if you're vegan and natty.
>>
>>42131801
It took you 2 years to get 15 inch arms?

Lol, vegan "lifters".
>>
File: IMG_20170123_141527_932.jpg (4MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_141527_932.jpg
4MB, 3024x3024px
>>42131514
False and homosexual.
Vegan diet is usually high carb. Do a boatload of conditioning, and work your ass off. If you feel like you're force-feeding yourself on a bulk, your're not actually bulking. You're getting fat.

I'm >>42131801
>>
>>42129879
Well vegans don't give u as much protein as regular omnivores but than again cannibalism become taboo for some reason . Tthanks Obama ...
>>
File: Post-run.jpg (482KB, 1875x1997px) Image search: [Google]
Post-run.jpg
482KB, 1875x1997px
>>42131820
Talk shit, post pic.
>MFW I weigh 165
>MFW I already said I do endurance sports and PL (not arms)
>MFW I'm falling for a bait this bad

Let me guess, you "train for aesthetics," right?
How exactly does one compete in aesthetics?
>>
>>42132082

>15" arms aren't small guys
>Bicep peak literally lower than delt
>Literally halve the width of your face
>Thinks aesthetics are worse than endurance for an office job, literally
>Literally can't make this up
>Literally
>>
>>42132167
post arms dude
>>
>>42132167
>Still no pic
>Literally didn't look at pic
>All this cope
>Still no pic
>Literally either skelly or fatceps (guess which one for an office job carnist)
>Hit the nail on the head. He "trains for aesthetics"
>Still no pic
>>
>>42132082
Ouch bro. Those are not showoff ready anon. Not nearly ready...

And do some curls. Your bicep is small.
>>
>>42132371
Post arms, fatty.
>>
>>42132082
>>42131801
AHAHAHAHAHA FAGGOT
>>
>>42129879
It's 5x harder to bulk as a vegan. Just eat animal flesh and drink milk in alongside a heavy carb load and making gains will be easy af.

t. tried veganism for a month
>>
>>42129879
I tried bulking vegan once. Doable but it sucks. Bloated all the time, the sheer volume of food you need to eat is insane. Id shit multiple times a day and fart constantly. Being vegan is retarded if you want to gain muscle and do something with your freetime other than eat beans
>>
>>42131801
>It's literally the same as bulking with meat except you actually have to work for your results.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>42132082
>Vegan that has been athletic entire life gets you this
>>>42132565
>Fatty that trained for similar time gets you this.

I will give you props for actually posting pics but shame on wasted potential.
>>
>>42132592
>still no pic
>>42132648
It's harder, but it's not 5x harder. Tofu has plenty of protein and is cheaper than meat, so omnis should seriously consider making a veggie stir fry with tofu. Almond milk, protein powder, and coconut oil is superior in almost every way to whole milk. It takes more preparation, but other than that, it's simple.
>>42132694
If take Wendler's recommendation of a pound of ground beef and a dozen eggs, there's pretty much no way to avoid gaining muscle. Veganism is objectively harder, but you get the reward of knowing that you avoided more than one ton of carbon equivalent emissions that you would have otherwise been responsible for.
>>
How true is it that soy has an estrogen-like effect and will hurt my gainz? I want to know if I should switch to a non-soy protein source.
>>
>>42132756
Yeah tofu is absolutely not cheaper than chicken. At least in the US
>>
>>42132739
Bench - 225
Front squat - 225x5
DL - 455 (literally in the pic)

He looks better because he's at the end of a cut and not wearing a shirt. Don't get me wrong, he looks good, but I have never lifted and will never lift for looks.
>>
>>42132793
Bro stop saying the s word so much youll grow bitch tits
>>
>>42132756
>If take Wendler's recommendation of a pound of ground beef and a dozen eggs, there's pretty much no way to avoid gaining muscle.
You made it sound like just eating meat and sitting on your ass and you're the next Ronnie Coleman.

>Veganism is objectively harder
Well yeah you're giving a car vegetable oil and expecting it to function as well as a car on premo.
>>
>>42132820
You're not lifting for strength either m8 if those are your numbers in 2 years, Everyone has their convictions and goals (you do loads of triathlons) you actually seem like a legit good guy so i'm just gonna leave it as it.
>>
>>42132803
are you retarded?
tofu costs roughly the same per pound as chicken if not cheaper than it

t.fellow american
>>
>>42132803
True. It probably never will be, but it is cheaper than ground beef.

>>42132837
>You made it sound like just eating meat and sitting on your ass and you're the next Ronnie Coleman.
I'm assuming you're putting in baseline effort. I don't think that's unrealistic

>Well yeah you're giving a car vegetable oil and expecting it to function as well as a car on premo.
Rather, you're putting your flex fuel car on E30 and expecting it to run as well as when someone else runs it on E15. If that guy slams the brakes 5 feet from every stop sign, and you coast to it, you will outperform him. You will objectively have to work harder to reach the same fuel economy, but if you do, you've more than made up for it from the reduced price of E30.
>>42132888
The pictures are taken two years apart. The results are after 1.5 years training. My bench is less than it should be, and my front squat is the product of cleans, so I agree with you there. I think my deadlift is pretty good for 1.5 years of cardio and endurance, so that's the only place I disagree. Cheers, mate. Thanks for the feedback.
>>42132920
Chicken actually is cheaper, but no other meat is. rice, beans, and other good sources of protein will be cheaper than chicken.
>>
>>42132977
>I'm assuming you're putting in baseline effort. I don't think that's unrealistic
You're putting the same effort in the gym though, the main issue is you're not giving your body the ideal requirements to make function as well as your meat eating counterparts.
You're essentially gimping yourself.

Yeah your deadlifts is pretty good for 1.5 years training (Deadlift has always been my weakest lift so can't comment much anyway), I dunno about rates of front squat but judging by normal standards from guys I see in the gym is your back squat 3pl8 for 1RM I presume or slightly higher that can be easily achieved in 8-10 months Same for bench.
>>
>>42133096
High bar is 3pl8, and low bar is 335 last I checked. DESU, it should be higher, but that's on me being mentally weak more than programming.

Again, gotta agree with you on bench.
>>
>>42130000
easier??? wtf
you have to eat shitloads to get the required protons and u can only get fats through nuts which dont have protons
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.