[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

insulin levels and sensitivity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: oats.jpg (24KB, 535x385px) Image search: [Google]
oats.jpg
24KB, 535x385px
Is this affecting my gains?
Someone explain this shit to me. Insulin is "the most anabolic hormone" but also leads to fat gain. How do I find the balance?
A strategy I thought would work was cardio before breakfast to deplete glycogen stores so the carbs (oatmeal) I do eat at breakfast are sent to glycogen stores and not fat cells. Also, carbs after my workout because glcogen is also depleted then.
>>
>>42128349
Concentrated protein sources also cause a spike in insulin with none of the carbs to be stored as fat. I'll let you figure out what the most useless macronutrient is.

>its carbs
>>
>>42128430
That's not how it works. The spike in insulin from concentrated protein sources isn't beneficial, it just means you have insuling floating around in your blood with no glycogen to interact with, although it does interact with protein to some degree.

OP, carbs do not turn into fat unless you overconsume, search up "de novo lipogenesis". The body has 3 stages before the carbs turn into fat.

1. Glycogen is stored in muscles
2. Glycogen is stored in the liver
3. Increased oxidation, increased body temp.
4. Glycogen is converted to fat

Just check the research, it takes serious overfeeding to induce carb to fat conversion. Fat pretty much goes directly to your fat stores, think about how salmon is rich in Omega 3's, that's not because they produce it, it's because they eat foods that contain Omega 3's that gets stored in their fat cells. So the fatty chains go pretty much directly from digestion to storage, like in us. As long as we are talking unrefined carbs, and you are not overfeeding like crazy, there is aboslutely no reason so plan your carb intake according to some idea of insulin induced fat storage.

What would be beneficial in your plan is not that the carbs aren't turned into fat but that you would be using body fat as secondary, and then primary fuel source in your morning workout.
>>
>>42128349
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-we-get-fat.html/

Carbs are fine, CICO is all that matters
>>
i train in the afternoon, usually
i eat carbs in the morning, immediately after waking up
i eat a little bit of carbs about an hour before training
then i eat carbs again immediately after training
>>
>>42129774
this. Thanks man

>>42129839
Yeah thats what I thought. Fat can't magically appear out of nowhere.

>>42129843
Yeah this is my plan
>>
File: low carb vs low fat.png (158KB, 1219x846px) Image search: [Google]
low carb vs low fat.png
158KB, 1219x846px
>>42128349
>but also leads to fat gain

Human metabolism isn't that simple, jsut because insulin secretion occurs in response to something doesn't mean it has the same effect as when insulin is secreted when something else is happening.
>>
>>42129774
Yeah fatty, you forgot to mention overconsumption is achieved by ingesting just about anything more than 50g of carbs a day, with the exception of carb consumption immediately after exercising.
>>
>>42130283
No overconsumption, as stated in the studies, is prolonged consumption exceeding daily calorie needs. Even overfeeding 500kcal carbs for a week or two will lead to little to no fat conversion.
>>
>>42130283
Bait as shitty as the diet.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.