[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Setting up for Deadlift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1498754248007.png (365KB, 524x479px) Image search: [Google]
1498754248007.png
365KB, 524x479px
Hello /fit/

how do I get the plates onto the bar for deadlift? I always feel like a total retard wrestling the plates on and always having problems with them. Is there an approved method to set up for your ground work without looking like an autist?
>>
I have a home gym with a power rack type set up. i put the bar on the safety bar, put the 45s on, then put it on the ground, then load teh rest of the plates.
>>
>>42126381
>bar on rack
>put 1 plate on
>take bar out of rack
>set bar down
>start deadlifting
or
>use deadlift jack
or
>put bar on floor
>take plate in one hand
>take bar in other hand
>slide bar into plate hole
>repeat on the other side
>>
>>42126387
Hmmm, I usually deadlift just outside of a cage, so I could set up the pins beforehand and do the same thing. Sounds good!
>>
>>42126392
Yep, that should work as long as someone else isn't using the rack, my gym is tiny and crowded.
>>
>>42126381
If you have to load a lot of weight and don't have a rack or a jack just put a small plate on the floor, roll the side you're loading on to the plate. It lifts the bar enough so you can put another plate on. Repeat on other side until deadlifting lmajo4pajeet. Or slip a disk.
>>
>>42126381
Usually step over the bar, facing the end, crouch down and pull them
>>
File: 1485367447613.jpg (201KB, 704x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485367447613.jpg
201KB, 704x1000px
>>42126533
>or slip a disk

n-no

how do I DEload correctly? Sorry for retarded questions but I never got taught this stuff by an experienced lifter
>>
>>42126631
Same shit, just put a little 5 pounder under one side's innermost plate and take them off. Then just take off the other side since it's already at an angle.
>>
>>42126392
wow thanks that should work great as long as I dont deadlift more than one plate you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>42126533
/thread
>>
>>42126381
Well I have some bad news, you are an autist if you are having trouble doing that. You just simply lift the bar just enough with one hand while pushing the plate with the other.

>>42126631
Literally the same as what I just said except you pull them off instead of pushing.

Or you could try..this(lmao) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9X94TE1hdg
>>
Campus gym has these
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.