[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

high Bar vs. Low bar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: article_590_hivslow.jpg (145KB, 590x438px) Image search: [Google]
article_590_hivslow.jpg
145KB, 590x438px
Lets settle this once for All: high bar vs Low bar?
>>
>>42126225
Depends
>>
High bar is just quad isolation, basically a leg press

Low bar is a true compound strength exercise
>>
Aren't you meant to go bellow parallel with low bar?
>>
>>42126225

In terms of muscle activation they're the same.

Moving the barbell an inch and a half down your back doesn't change the fucking lift, it just changes leverages.
>>
>>42126225
are you a powerlifter? low bar.
are you not a powerlifter? high bar.
>>
>>42126225
Front squat

>>42126243
>>42126250
>>42126266
>these are the people that give you advice
>>
Doesnt this shit change into a shoulder/trap and triceps exercise if you go low bar + heavy weight?
>>
mid bar
>>
>>42126266
You have no fucking clue about what you're talking about.
>>
File: le squat man.jpg (21KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
le squat man.jpg
21KB, 426x240px
>>42126225
They both have great benefits tbqhwyf
>>
>>42126225
Everyone has the flexibility to do a low bar squat to parallell. But thats not the case for high bar.

And in the end, you should do both
>>
>>42126225

High bar. The shit low bar puts more emphasis on can be worked with RDL's and Deadlifts. Do high bar for quad strength, switch to low bar 2 - 4 weeks outside of a comp if you're actually competing.
>>
>>42126321
You could work the same muscles as tje high bar with a front squat combined with low-bar.

You can do that with any exercise. But That doesnt mean its better than another
>>
>>42126225

That guy's low bar seems off to me, his weight is too far forward -- but then again I don't do low bar.
>>
If my Goal is just to build Mass, what would be better?
>>
>>42126671
High bar, taking that you do your deadlifts too. Low bar mimics the deadlift movement pattern and hits your quads less
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.