[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Practical cutting advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20-114927-fit_to_fat_to_fit.jpg (85KB, 1080x540px) Image search: [Google]
20-114927-fit_to_fat_to_fit.jpg
85KB, 1080x540px
Middle pic related is basically me (not as pudgy). I'm going to start cutting in 1-2 weeks, and I'm a little nervous.

My current plan is to continue my training per normal, but lower my calorie intake to under 2000 and increase my daily cardio burn by about 20%.

I have been doing low-rep lifts for a while now, should I switch to high-rep, or stay? Or does it not matter? How long before I begin looking lean?

Thanks fit, you have been instrumental and I have been making huge progress because of you.
>>
bump in case anyone is awake and wants to share advice
>>
>>42124223

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be anyone here.

Have you considered reading the sticky?

>17018018
>>
>>42124298
Yeah, I read the sticky a couple times. The takeaway (as I understand it) is basically what I said in OP.
>>
>>42124098
>Practical cutting advice?
Go up the wrists instead of across. No need to thank me later.
>>
Lift heavy, dont let your strength die down

Eat a fuck ton of protein

Sleep
>>
>>42124098
Keep your lifts the same, add a de-load set at the end if you'd like to get some extra work in.

Its not about just cals, you need to keep your protein intake high in order not to lose too much of your gains (some of it will go-sorry).

Also, in regards of looking ''lean'', you will need to get some of the water out as well, in order to achieve definition
>>
>>42124098
my god he has horribly asymmetrical and bad genetics
>>
>>42124098
>continue my training per normal
Good. Keep in mind that progress will be slower so don't expect to make gains as before.

>Lower my calorie intake to under 2000
How much are you taking now?

>increase my daily cardio burn by about 20%
What kind of cardio are we talking here?

>I have been doing low-rep lifts for a while now, should I switch to high-rep, or stay? Or does it not matter?
It doesn't matter. Keep doing what you were doing.

>How long before I begin looking lean?
Nobody knows. You'll have to find out yourself.
>>
Grateful to come back to some good feedback.

>>42124526
Will keep in mind

>>42124668
>How much are you taking now?
I try to take in 2000-2500
>What kind of cardio are we talking here?
Elliptical machine, occasional outdoor swimming per the season
>>
>>42124098
This guy has the weirdest abs I've ever seen. Seriously, what the fuck's going on there.
>>
>>42124853
>I try to take in 2000-2500
That's a huge range but whatever. Yeah, start with 1800 for a week and see if your weight will drop. Keep cutting 200 weekly until it does.

>Elliptical machine, occasional outdoor swimming per the season
Okay that's fine. Cut it out if you start feeling like crap.
>>
>>42124914
The picture on the right reminds me of Alien when it's going to burst out of his chest
>>
500 cal deficit
Track your calories and macros
Intermittent fasting + carb cycling works great for me to drop fat towards the last few weeks of cut or to break through a weight loss plateau.
Water weight WILL fuck with your mind. Don't use the scale to monitor fat loss, use the mirror and measurements, take pictures.
If you want to have a cheat meal, don't exceed your calorie intake. If you're gonna go binge on 1200 cals of burger, live with the fact that you cant eat fuck all for the rest of the day, believe me you won't make a habit of it because you'll be hungry as fuck.
Use cardio as a tool to balance your calorie intake if you go over your goal.
Weigh your food, take accurate measurements of macros, calories etc. Worst case scenario, always overestimate if you can't accurately measure.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.