[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to join the military, but i can only do 3 pushups any tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fb_icon_1024.jpg (94KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fb_icon_1024.jpg
94KB, 1024x1024px
i really want to join the military, undecided on which branch tho.
>>
>>42124057
Start training? lol
>>
>>42124057
Reported.
Go to /k/
>>
>>42124057
Anon how can you only do 3 push ups?

Anyway when you start to max out doing normal pushups place your knees on the ground and start doing assisted push ups like that. Also just go more. Also how fast do you run?
>>
>>42124057
Well you put an air force logo... 3 pushups should be perfect for you
>>
>>42124091
i haven't ran in years man
back in high school i did a mile in 9 minutes tho
>>
>>42124057
If you want to join the air force you should be practicing flyes not pushups
>>
>>42124162
Would recommend getting back to running, find a near by track and figure out what your 1.5 mile is and go on from there. Granted the AF/Navy requires a 1.5 mile run, Army requires a 2 mile run and Marines I think 3 miles.

Go to /meg/ on /k/ for some more advice on what branch you want to get into.
>>
>>42124057
Don't sweat it, it's the Air Force.

But really you'll be doing them a lot so you'll get good, get a partner for the physical tests that'll pad your numbers.
>>
Just lol @ dying for israel
>>
>>42124057
>>>/k/34527771
>>
>>42124162
Army guy, gonna need a 7 minute mile pal
>>
>>42124057
Hey bud. I went from not being able to do a single push-up at the age of 23 to now maxing the army apft.

You will make gains real fast. For running do intervals. 60 seconds max sprint 120 seconds walk or rest. You can do 30 second sprints and 60 seconds rest too.

For push-ups focus on doing as many as you can throughout the day. Even if you have to do them on your knees.

Sit-ups get pretty boring. Intervals will strengthen your hip flexors which are the main muscle used in sit-ups. I like doing cable crunches at the gym.
You can also do planks and weighted sit-ups

Overall if you focus on calisthenics and doing interval runs...maybe even some hill sprints you'll be g2g.

Don't over do it with the running at first or you'll get shin splints.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.