[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with Steven Seagal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 57bf6eacc3618827188b4576[1].jpg (54KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
57bf6eacc3618827188b4576[1].jpg
54KB, 900x500px
I know him only from his movies, but the MMA community seems to be a bit divided regarding his credentials.

Is he a legit marshal artist or just a really good bullshido hack?
Why a lot of people seem to hate him?
Is aikido any good?
>>
Aikido is a cool thing and it can work - if you do it right and do train for a long time, longer than in other MA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evL12aRAE7M
>>
>>42116400
Aikido us garbage and this is the wrong board
>>
no it is bullshit. aikido is shit, no one really goes dojo in aikido, there is a video where a black belt in aikido fights an mma practitioner and gets his ass whalloped. mma is greatest
>>
>>42116400
All the aikido "masters" gets their ass whoped by any experienced mma fighter.
And steven seagal is full of shit.
>>
File: IMG_0920.jpg (110KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0920.jpg
110KB, 500x444px
https://youtu.be/RUjPz7BKjlM
>>
>>42116597
But MMA is really just a bunch of working tricks from different MM sports slapped together.
>>
Akido seems like the Tai Chi you see people doing in the park. It is just not a combat exercise.
>>
>>42116665
i believe a good fighter is great all around' not talk8ng about competitive either, in street fight too because you dont go to the ground in a street fight. but it is good to know ground game
>>
>>42116765
like fedor emelianenko
>>
>>42116400
The MMA community isn't divided at all. He's a punchline. "Shart his pants like Seagal".
Like saying the MMA community is divided about Wing Chun or Krav Maga - it's not. No one trains these (or Aikido). They're a joke. You get laughed off the mats if you even go there.

What you mean is "/fit/ is divided" or "armchair martial arts fans are divided". No one who knows anything about fighting is feeling conflicted over this...

>but Anderson Silva invited him to his camp
Yeah, he "invited" him. He didn't pay him as a coach. Seagal showed up.
>Why?
Anderson was looking for a part in Seagal's next straight-to-video masterpiece. Fuck, even GSP got movie roles and that dude sounds wooden when he's being himself. The 'GOAT' wanted some of those $.
Seagal just wants gullible armchair fans to take him seriously.
>>
>>42116892
Are you saying Aikido, Wing Chun and Krav Maga are bullshido?

Granted, they're not, as far as I know, competitive sports, but don't they still have legit self-defence techniques that are applicable in the real world?
>>
>>42116400
Akikdo is bullshit on its own and if fought in a real only one spec on spec fight akikdo wil always lose/
>>
>>42116765
>in street fight too because you dont go to the ground in a street fight.
if you don't go to the ground in a fight you're retarded m8y. at least that's whay my mma instructor tells me. ground game will win fights every time against untrained/less-trained opponents
>>
>>42116892
Anderson SIlva used wing chun trapping and the Isreali military uses Krav Maga.
>>
>>42117349
>don't they still have legit self-defence techniques that are applicable in the real world?
wiggling on the floor in front of your oponent might work as well. You might pull a wrist lock, you might put a finger lock, your opponent might do a slow, exagerated haymaker that you deflect, making him fall over.
Shame you never actually put these techniques to the test in sparring, you'd realise they barely work as they're taught and you end up awkwardly doing judo
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.