[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting Dislocation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: arms06.png (76KB, 310x284px) Image search: [Google]
arms06.png
76KB, 310x284px
Sup /fit/ i've been thinking about starting lifting since i'm tired of being so shrimpy, but I have a problem

Thanks to my genetics (tyvm parents) the ball and socket joint in my shoulders are pretty messed up and it's easy for me to dislocate them, especially when reaching in front or above me.

Can I still lift and get the same results as others or should I get ripped some other way?
>>
>>42108977

Do you know what excuses look like?
>>
Just do it!, start lifting, just be more careful with your shoulders and when it hurt, stop or change the weight
>>
>>42109177
It's not that they start hurting, it's that if it's the wrong angle it literally just pops out on its own, usually no/very little warning
>>
I have same type of problems. i have injured my body countless of times. You pretty much have to compensate for all the ligaments with muscle mass.Just start with light rotator cuff work then work your way to OHP and bench press
>>
I have same type of problems. i have injured my body countless of times. You pretty much have to compensate for all the ligaments with muscle mass.Just start with light rotator cuff work then work your way to OHP and bench press.
>>
>>42108977
i love when people say "ball and socket" in reference to the hip/shoulder. it's so cute, like you literally just stepped out of a 6th grade science class.

do planches and rotator isolations until you hate yourself, it should help with a lot of your shoulder stabilization issues.

t. physical therapist
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.