[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drinking + gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1499666273741.png (361KB, 1267x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499666273741.png
361KB, 1267x779px
Hey /fit/

Every night i drink 6-8 beers or same amount of alcohol in vodka or wine. I know, never gonna make it, but i have made some decent gains already - i just wonder how much my drinking is affecting it?

Can you drink the amount i drink without completely missing out on like 90% gains? I eat very healthy and i sleep 8 hours+ every night.

I'm busy all day, but at night i'm alone with my thoughts and my inner demons can only be silenced with alcohol atm. so no point in telling me to stop.
>>
Side question:

Will i have health issue in the long run compared to retards who live off of junk food and soda all day? I exercise, eat correctly, sleep, and have a good social life. Only thing i do wrong is that i drink a little at night, am i looking at fucking myself in the long run?
>>
File: BroccoliObama.jpg (24KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
BroccoliObama.jpg
24KB, 300x375px
Last bump :/
>>
>>42107023
>Alcohol, Athletic Performance and Recovery
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257708/
>>
>>42107104
>i drink a little every night
>6-8 beers

I am not a drinker, i will have 1 once in a couple of weeks. So that number may not be as high as i perceive it. But i feel like 8 beers was the most I ever drank in my entire life in one night
>>
>>42107199
Not really a conclusive answer in the conclusion. English is not my first language, so i have a really hard time reading a text like this one (not sure what it is called). Am i wrong?

>>42107257
I drink this in about 2 hours before i go to sleep so i fall asleep quickly and doesn't have to lie in bed with my own thoughts. I don't think it is ''a little'' per se, but i also don't think it is in the extremes...
>>
I had a bear every day the past week and I PR'd three times in both the snatch and clean&jerk as well as front and back squat.

Beer = gains.
>>
>>42107023

A drink every now and then won't harm. A beer every day won't harm.

But at your level you're looking at zero gains past the absolute beginner gains.
>>
>>42107023

How much is 6-8? 500ml cans or 300ml? How much percentage alcohol?
>>
>>42107318
holy fuck nigga, you had a bear every day?
>>
>>42107337

>He doesn't wrestle a grizzly bear every night as active recovery after a hard day at the gym

LITERALLY how weak are you?
>>
>>42107336
i average 6 33cl cans.

>>42107327
Are you sure? And how do you know?
>>
But you already know the answer to this question, of course it harms gains. You posted this thread because a big part of you hates what you're doing to yourself and wants to stop. What you need to do is listen to that and do what you need to try and knock this on the head. Good luck.
>>
File: a48.png (86KB, 764x796px) Image search: [Google]
a48.png
86KB, 764x796px
>>42107337
>>42107349
>>
>>42107023
>does taking in an extra 900 calories of useless carbs every day hurt my gains?
Take a guess
>>
>>42107375
Well i want to die and i used to drink and do drugs all the time to kill all my emotions. Now i can do with some drinks at night before i sleep so that my mind i fuzzy enough.

Used to smoke weed instead of drinking because of gains, but i need my drivers license for work, and where im from i will loose it if the cops can detects even the smallest amount of THC in a blood sample... I don't know how to stop atm.
>>
>>42107435
>carbs
Ethanol ain't carbs, you mong.
>>
>>42107435
I adjusted my food intake so that the drinking matches my TDEE. I am aware that the last couple of fat% wont go away because of this, but i am more concerned about the muscle gains.

>>42107448
Still contains energy matey.
>>
>>42107437
Nobody ever knows how to stop before they stop. It always seems inevitable that you'll keep doing it. You just need to find a way.
>>
>>42107023

I'm in the same boat anon. Drink at least 2 liters of cider every night. My gains are progressing about the same as they were when I lifted before being a borderline alcoholic. The only difference is I'm fatter rather than super lean like I used to be.
>>
>>42107448
Beer is mostly carbs. The energy in it from ethenol is low. Try to keep up.

>>42107473
Thats a lot of calories that could be used eating nutritious food. If youve adjusted your diet to compensate for it you can still hit your weight goal but youre probably not going to hit your macros.
>>
>>42107491
I know that you mean the best but I can't right now. All day i look forward to coming home and drinking before going to sleep... Sound fucking sad but i can actually manage my life right now. Do you have an answer to the initial question?

>>42107532
I have a little more fat than my lifting friends, but no gut or anything even remotely close to that. The women i fuck seems to really being into my look, i just wonder how much im missing out on gains wise.

>>42107544
I eat a high amount of protein dense food before my drinking like tuna, doesn't that help a little?
>>
>>42107571
>I eat a high amount of protein dense food before my drinking like tuna, doesn't that help a little?
Its better than junk food but there is no situation where a 6 pack a day is good for your gains or your overall long term health
>>
>>42107571

>i just wonder how much im missing out on gains wise.

Two to three beers per day was shown to lower Testosterone levels by 6.8 percent

Heikkonen E, et al. The combined effect of alcohol and physical exercise on serum testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and cortisol in males. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 1996 Jun;20(4):711-6.
>>
>>42107725
Is that a linear progression?

>>42107621
I know... I hate myself for this shit but i don't know wtf to do...
>>
>>42107790

>Is that a linear progression?

I honestly don't know but from other articles it seems to be the consensus that 3-4 beers doesn't hurt gains too much. I pulled that quote and study from an article. Here's some links:

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/lifters-guide-to-alcohol

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/muscleheads-guide-to-alcohol
>>
>>42107920
Thanks you for those two articles! Just what i have been looking for. Is the source reliable?
>>
>>42107023

OP, I'm curious, how long have you been training and what's your progression like after having 6-8 drinks per night? How much strength or muscle size have you gotten?
>>
>>42108004
I trained a lot before, then took a 1-2 year break. I am at 77kg, 178cm and i lift 1/2/2/3 atm. I look lean and strong, so i don't have any need for better ''looks''. Im just thinking if i could have been looking a lot better. Also just general alco-info.
>>
>>42108004
I also run 5km in about 25 minutes without dying after.
>>
>>42107967

The site is generally a bit broscience but those articles have a big list of proper scientific studies at the bottom so I'd say the articles are reliable.
>>
>>42108166
These articles make it sound like i can make it a little even though i have to drink for now.
>>
>>42108207

As I said further up in the thread I drink everyday and I'm still gaining so I think it can be done.
>>
>>42107023
I thought post-workout meals were a meme, is this graph correct or just broscience?
>>
>>42107023
>I eat very healthy

wrong, you drink 6-8 beers a night.

Alcohols are metabolised in the liver in a similar way Fructose is, and is proven to lead to more visceral fat (i.e. beer belly) and a fatty liver which can eventually just kill you.

Stop being retarded and cut out the beer.
>>
What about drinking 10-12 beers one night a week?
>>
>>42107023
6 to 8 beers is a hell of a lot of carbs and calories. One six pack is approximately a thousand calories, depending on the type of beer you drink.
Beer is basically carbonated bread water that happens to get you drunk, gain killer indeed
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.