[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoulder injury scare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1457856656678.jpg (445KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1457856656678.jpg
445KB, 2560x1600px
Hi lads. Im a skinnyfat guy cutting and I was doing some pullups and on the first rep there was a sharp pain in my rear shoulder i was scared. Couldn't even do a lat pulldown on babyweight it still pained so I just went home.

2 reasons I have are
>2 months of bench pressing really wrong (way high, bar not touching nipples but the line halfway between collarbone and nipples)
>sleeping on my side wrong and uncomfortable which triggered this the next day

Anyway how can OP ever recover? I am taking the week off

Have my favorite wallpaper
>>
Do cardio instead of taking the week off. If you sleep fucked up in a way that fucks over your muscles dont train those that day.

Otherwise, all you can do is be patient. I dont want to scare you but if it's particularly bad it could take like 6 weeks to heal. Stay hydrated
>>
>>42100750
Thanks senpai.
(I don't count cardio as workout lel)
Also it pains when i even open a door or something with left hand
>>
>>42100665
check out athlean-x on youtube. he usually has videos addressing improper form, or lifts with injuries and how to do alternatives to get the same gains.
>>
>>42100790
fuark it could be bad then.

Do NOT get impatient and try to lift with it while it still hurts.

When it stops hurting, you must wait a week after that before trying again. You could think you're healed until you put weight on it then you're back to square fucking one.

Dont feel so bad, this happens to just about everyone, myself included.
>>
>>42100809
oh ok thanks.
>>42100805
Looked up his videos pretty good advice
>>
>>42100665
Your plan is fine a week off from lifting, after that start with especially low weight for everything that requires the shoulder and just up the reps a bit. Don't do exercises that exegerate the pain, instead find alternatives that don't cause pain, slowly built up.the weight depending on how your shoulder feels during and the day after the workouts. Maybe in 2-3 weeks you'll already be back to normal
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.