[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fucking knees! (and shins)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Whyismydicksobig?.jpg (87KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Whyismydicksobig?.jpg
87KB, 600x900px
I've been working out for about 3 months, and I moved my running up to every day about a week ago to lower bf%. Now my knees starts to hurt after every run (not fat, 150lb, 5'10 manlet) , and I'm getting shin splints or some shit. I tried swimming for cardio, but it's just not the same, what do /fit/??
>>
Do it less to start. HITT is good anaerobic cardio if you're looking for that (doing it for longer and easier can make it aerobic ofc.)

Also it's possible you have bad running form, I'm flat footed which is common so when I run if I'm not careful I'll get pain on the insides of my knees.

A good thing to always do is to warm up the ligaments and joints for a good 5-15min before the run and to spend the first 5 minutes of the run just walking.
>>
>>42100463
*HIIT
whoops
>>
>>42100463
I'll give that a try, maybe switch to a soft track, instead of my current hilly pavement run. The problem with my form, is that it gets progressively worse with my hurt knees, like today it was complete shit, but a few days back I looked like a graceful deer, or antelope. The only problem is that I get better results from running than other types of cardio like HITT, and I skip leg day, and running helps make me have at least turkey legs, rather than chicken legs.
>>
>>42100431

Get on a bike or a solid stair machine, youll get splints until your bodies used to the strain so rest up with low impact until they heal and get back at it.
>>
Do you have proper running shoes? (professionally fitted for your arch and how your foot strikes when ground when you run) Also are you taking any supplements for your joints? Are you properly warming up, stretching and warming down during your workouts?
>>
>>42100463
Flat footed basically means the arch muscles in your foot, the natural shock absorption, isn't fully there. Your bones are taking the shock of each impact. There are ways you can wrap your foot if you have shitty shoes that don't force an arch in your foot to restore the arch muscles in your foot (the first few times you run like this you can feel the strain of these weak muscles being strengthened)
>>
>>42100570
What's a good way of developing those muscles?
>>
>>42100604
Wrapping your foot to force it into that position. I don't know what it's called but a son of a foot dr taught me to do it when I was in XC
>>
>>42100431
Run up hills instead of longer flats. Or purchase a mountain bike and ride up hills.
>>
>>42100632
I'll look into it, a family friend is a physio so I'll ask them about it. Thanks!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.