[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mixed grip DL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

FIT. why is mixed grip DL bad, i trying to do overhand and its fucking awful, the bar is rolling and its so fucking hard to hold onto, but the weight is easy.

wut do?
>>
>>42098549
Its not bad. Just make sure to alternate.

There's high risk of popping or tearing a bicep on the arm that is underhand.

As well as the fact that it can cause trap imbalances.
>>
After deadlifting for 5 years, I can honestly say that you probably shouldn't mix your grip. The muscle imbalances for me seemed to extend to most of my back musculature as well as my traps.

And having a strong grip and big forearms is nice. So, just Deload and double overhand that shit
>>
Chalk
>>
>>42098567
if you don't want to pop or tear that bicep, do not alternate, the imbalances thing is pretty minor

it's important that you supinate the same hand consistently, because that tendon is going to get more stress on it, and more frequent exposure will cause it to adapt more strongly and reduce the chance of a tear (also, your technique subtly changes when you supinate one hand or the other, so make sure it's the same one)

also make sure you do at least a few moderately heavy sets before your working sets with mixed grip, for the same reason of form being a little different than DOH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLgClmzTYU

or ignore all of this, use straps once you can't DOH, and then do direct grip work afterwards (static holds)
>>
>>42098582
letting your back, glutes, hamstrings, and traps development be limited by using the most mechanically inferior grip is pretty fucking stupid lad (especially when you can just train your grip separately after you deadlift, and there are multiple aspects of grip strength that a static hold does not cover)

but each to his own
>>
>>42098549
I use these. My forearms aren't as juicy as before, but my back is way stronger.
>>
so what im getting is it doesn't really matter and no one knows anything about this.

I alternate but i not even pulling 3 plates for reps, im just getting started.

I find it easier to do mix but im not pulling with my bicep.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.