[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At Christmas I tore ligaments in my right collarbone. I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: shoulder_stclav_intro01.jpg (147KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder_stclav_intro01.jpg
147KB, 400x400px
At Christmas I tore ligaments in my right collarbone. I didn't know this at the time, and used my right arm significantly more than normal, as I had also broken my left collarbone, and my left arm was in a sling.

The collarbone at the sternoclavicular joint is rather unstable, and pops in and out of place, clicks and grinds etc when I move my arm.
I have full range of movement with minimal pain, although it hurts when I do exercises with it.

Can ligaments be tightened / healed in a way other than surgery? No surgeon will touch it as there's a high mortality rate.

Some of you must have experience with recovering from ligament/tendon injuries.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>42096330
>At Christmas I tore ligaments in my right collarbone. I didn't know this at the time, and used my right arm significantly more than normal, as I had also broken my left collarbone, and my left arm was in a sling.
What did you do, try to force yourself through a chimney? Jesus christ

Also about your sternoclavicular joint instability (I assume this is the case), the bad news is that it's the only bone to bone joint holding your upper limb to your body. The good news is that the upper part of the pectoralis major is attached to your sternum and collarbone, so that is one key muscle you should focus on. Perhaps more important is scapular control, you absolutely need to master your scapular movement and scapular muscles. You see how your injured collarbone joint reacts when you hold your fingers on it and slowly move your scapula, not the arm, only the scapula. You will find the movement patterns that keeps the joint tight with experimenting and learning scapular control.
>>
>>42096330
i have this too, but in my case it's from a genetic defect and not from an injury.
I can't do pullups/chinups/OHP/facepulls/latpulldowns because of this. FML
>>
>>42096424
>What did you do
I fell off a longboard at 25km/h+ straight onto my shoulder.
There was enough force to break one collarbone, and sublux the other.
The weird this was that I didn't notice any damage until I felt a bone trying to protrude through my skin.
Almost no pain, just an unpleasant feeling.

Your advice is amazing, thank you! I'll have to research exercises for upper pectorals that doesn't involve too much shoulder movement. I'll also practice manipulating my scapular.
>>
>>42096709
You're welcome, also what I've personally found really helpful when learning scapular movement is two mirrors. One in front of you and the other one behind you, so that you can see yourself from the behind. By looking at your scapula movement through the mirrors you see the tens of muscles moving it, the rhomboids, trapezius, levator scapulae, infraspinatus, serratus anterior, etc, and you start appreciate how dynamic the scapula can be. Combine this with feeling your collarbone joint with your fingers in the, and you have set yourself up a rehab studio. Also kinesio tape can be helpful in keeping the joint in place, but getting it properly taped usually requires someone with taping experience. Good luck senpai and take it easy with the longboard!
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.