[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on sugar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 005[1].jpg (228KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
005[1].jpg
228KB, 1200x1600px
I don't often eat "added sugar", the sugar I eat comes from natural sources (such as found in fruits and milk), and even then I don't eat high amounts of it.

However, every once in a month I'll crave something really sweet.

So I've noticed that in that day I'll eat some stupid quantity of sugar, say, an entire bar of chocolate + a package of oreos for example (around 150g of sugar and 100g of fat).

So I was wondering, is there any difference between eating all of that in a single sitting as I often do, rather than spread out throughout, say one week? Is one more likely than the other to cause health problems, or is all that matters the amount of sugar and fat I'm eating?
>>
it is worse in one sitting.

you have failed nutrition class
>>
>>42095537
please tell me why, I didn't find anything about it on the sticky.

also

>nutrition class

anon pls, I'm a 3rd worlder.
>>
>>42095522
It makes little difference, no matter what the sugar and carbs are going to be metabolized into glucose in your body and used as fuel. Not eating a large amount of carbs or sugar at one meal will help you avoid a crash, but if you are that concerned about sugar, just cut it out and eat low carb like I do.
>>
>>42096082
I'm addicted to carbs, mostly fruits and grains like oats.
>>
>>42095864

Well.. if that was a 1st world thing America wouldn't be as it is...
>>
My understanding is that sugar and other since carbs are processed very quickly, if you use the energy moving cool, if not it gets stored as fat which the body prefers not to use. I believe that having a big sugar hit will spike your insulin which my gut tells me is kinda bad, but I have no facts on that. Just broscience.

Having a cheat day once a month is fine though anon. Nothing wrong with eating a small amount of chocolate regularly either, it's supposed to be good for your heart or something. Just make sure it fits your macros and it's not garbage food. Lindt is probably fine.
>>
>>42095522

>milk
>no added sugar
>>
>>42095522

Once a month as in, one candy bing or bag of Oreos with at least 30 calendar days separating each of them? You're fine. It's not ideal, but, as long as you're meeting your calorie goals otherwise, go nuts. Bending a little can help keep you from breaking.

"Once a month" as in "That's what I tell myself despite the fact that if you went through my receipts and garbage you'd build an iron-clad case that it's more like two or three times a week." That's going to fuck you up.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.