[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High blood pressure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 4496915647_e8979e637b.jpg (55KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
4496915647_e8979e637b.jpg
55KB, 448x336px
I haven't had my blood pressure checked in ages. Figured I'd use my gym's blood pressure machine to find it out....got my reading and it's 190/90 with a pulse of 62. That's a fucking emergency according to some websites, but I don't feel bad or anything. Apparently normal is around 130/80...I have no idea what those numbers mean.

Thing is, the collar that my arm goes into on the machine is pretty small, and I have 18" arms (not fatceps, I'm fairly built). I had to really squeeze my arm in to get it in the machine and it was a tight fit already before the machine turned on and began to inflate. Will the size of my arms affect the pressure readout? Or should I be taking myself to the hospital?
>>
File: Das it mane.jpg (43KB, 616x440px) Image search: [Google]
Das it mane.jpg
43KB, 616x440px
Blood pressure fluctuates throughout the day and can be affected by things from exercise to anxiety.

Hypertension (High blood pressure) is establish when you have a reading taken 3 times and it is above 130/90 all 3 times. At this point your doctor would offer you a 24 hour blood pressure monitor to determine if you actually have high blood pressure.

A blood pressure of 190/90 can be found in emergency scenarios (Malignant Hypertension) but is not necessarily the case. Have you had any headaches? Has your vision changed at all? Any chest pain? How has the amount of times you go to the toilet to pee changed?
>>
>>42094578
The size of your arms is not affecting it. You should probably go to a doctor
>>
>>42094619

none of the above

i drink lots of water but havent had to urinate more frequently than normal

my eating habits are decent but i do eat a lot of red meat (chopped sirloin basically every day)

i guess ill get a couple more readings before freaking out too much
>>
>>42094715

If none of the above then I'd be less inclined to say it's malignant hypertension, take a few more readings spaced out.

If you get any of the above symptoms or blood pressure lingers around 190 hours later then I'd worried and you should probably see a doctor.

If you are taking any stimulants (Ephedrine, Cocaine, Meth) I'd maybe cut them out for a bit.
>>
>>42094781

thanks for the advice, ill be hitting up a nearby clinic after work to get another reading from an actual doc
>>
>>42094578
Well, in the medical world we laugh at those readings.

Still, I would go get checked out to be safe. Hit up an urgent care.
>>
I was concerned about mine too because the device of my father would always say ~140/80.

Got a 24h test done and it came out as 115/60 even through some exercising. So double check it. Optimal resting blood pressure is 110/70.
>>
Got like 139/89 last time I tested, but I'm also overweight, so that explains it.
>>
Get it checked by a doctor, good technique will probably show you you are not dying.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.