[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

zero or low carb food that you can eat a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

i'm about to go low carb then keto as part of weight loss. i'm already on a low calorie diet and i was looking for something i could eat a lot of that isn't particularly high in carlories and has minimal or no calories. something i could make in bulk would be amazing.

any suggestions?
>>
V E G E T A B L E S
>>
>>42092748
i mean something you can snack on eg i've been eating a lot of broccoli but it has too many carbs to eat as much as i have been.
>>
Resistant Starch.

Ie. cold potato, green banana and legumes/beans.
>>
>>42092748
also forgot to add i need something cheap, i'd go with alfalfa sprouts but they are actually pretty expensive
>>
>>42092758
spinach
lettuce
get a salad from subway, around 5g carbs
>>
>>42092748

is it just me or is it impossible to feel full and sated after eating vegetables (cooked meals, salads, etc)?

I love eating vegetables but yesterday for example, after working out, I ate a salad with chicken and I felt hungry as fuck afterwards

>inb4 I forgot my post workout carbs
>>
>>42092808
Potato is the only vegetable that makes you feel full.
>>
>>42092838
>>42092808
Read this
>>42092776

Google Resistant Starch
>>
>>42092808
Well you'd need to eat 1.2kg of broccoli to even get 400 calories. It's so dilute it is hard to get full from just vegetables, which is why you usually eat them with a side like rice/pasta/etc. The oil you use to cook isn't sating either.

As >>42092776 said though, legumes/beans/lentils are very filling. A vegetable wrap with some beans thrown in fills me up for like 5 hours with pretty low total calories.
>>
>>42092865
>>42092838

yeah, that's pretty much what I experienced in the past (even though bananas aren't vegetables)

potatos are definitely better than other vegetables. beans are great since I really feel full after eating at least lentils (red beans etc are alright too)

I guess that one really does need protein to feel full. can't imagine going without meat 100% of the time

>>42092895

I know, it's just that maybe I'm imagining things and other people feel more full after eating vegetables. I try to eat as clean as possible but sometimes I just don't feel as great as when eating meat etc

>A vegetable wrap with some beans thrown in fills me up for like 5 hours with pretty low total calories.

fuck that, wraps are goat tier when eaten with meat. goat tip: fill wraps with cooled down chilli con carne, salad and cucumbers and a greek joghurt sauce
>>
>>42092732
Can't go without any carbs. Fruits, vegetables, meat are a good choice. There are carbs in almost everything, except eggs (still a really, really small amount of carbs in the egg yolk). You should eat at least 50g carbs a day if you really want to go low on them.
>>
>>42092971

this pretty much

also, everyone whining about carbs and saying "fuck carbs!!!" is a retarded piece of shit

during my semester abroad in shanghai, all I did was eat rice, meat and vegetables all day. literally at LEAST once or twice a day, I would a decent amount of rice. sometimes even four times a day. I fucking LOST weight even though I was eating rice like a motherfucker

in the end, it all depends on how much healthy food you eat. I only ate fresh food and the occasional "fast food" shit but mostly, my diet consisted of rice, meat and vegetables
>>
Nuts and cheese are your best snacks.

I recommend smokehouse almonds and macadamia nuts. Trader Joe's blister peanuts are also pretty good
>>
>>42093184

>cheese
>snack

pick one you fucking fatty. you're right about the nuts though [spoiler] you fucking fatty [/spoiler]
>>
I do cabbage salads from time to time. I make a full container that lasts me like three days. Just replace lettuce with cabbage and it's works well.

Salads are really great if you actually know how to season them well. A little olive oil, vinegar, black pepper and cumin seeds and you'll really like any salad.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.