[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a milfag out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1490025839659.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1490025839659.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>be dyel, start working out following the sticky
>making some good gains, nothing special
>unexpectedpregnancy.jpg
>stop college, join usaf to be able to support child whilst having a chance to continue college later
>1st supervisor, a fresh ssgt, sees I'm just barely above dyel
>mandates I accompany him to gym with rest of shift (small crew, on night shift so even smaller)
>I'm k with workout buddies to spot me
>workout routine consists of 1.5-2 hrs of low intensity super high volume mixed workouts including machines
>each day focuses on very specific muscle groups, eg today was SHOULDERS ONLY. Also 15 min of cardio before and after each workout

Is this... is this a thing..? Is my time being wasted or is this another way to get gains? This is so alien and flies in the face of what I learned browsing /fit/ (which honestly forms the core of my poor fitness knowledge).

Please educate me on what this kind if workout plan is going to do.
>>
>>42090243
>each day focuses on very specific muscle groups,
Not the most efficient way to build muscle as a natty but still viable and will still yield gains
1.5-2 hrs of low intensity super high volume mixed workouts including machines
again, not the most efficient way to get big but will still give gains, as long as your fatigued after the training
are you still doing compounds?
>>
>>42090243

when they try force their bro science on you, just say HELLL NO,

watch this, then bust out an hour or stronk lifts or starting strength, watch them shudder in fear as they see you squat and deadlift 3x a week,

>actual good advice is to check if they are big, bigger than you, and actually look good, if they are, take their fucking advice obviously
>>
>>42090266

There are compounds and I've been mixing in stuff I'm familiar with on the fly and asking about adding in things like the power lifts (squats, dl in particular).

I think it's mostly the volume and occasionally super machine heavy days that have thrown me for a loop.

>>42090289
I have weight up on all of them, but they are all toned up with low body fat %. But they do have a huge leg up on me in the gains game overall since I'm super new to this.

I just know there's a flood of terrible advice that floats around and (for better or worse) /fit/ is where I first put my trust for learning how to drag myself out of dyel status. I figured it best to ask here before I get super bent out of shape.
>>
>>42090243
What base you at?
>>
>>42090243
>he fell for the chairforce meme

t. Armyfag

The excercises they are doing with you are made to build endurance which is more useful in the military than strength and heavier weight

/fit/ doesn't know jack shit about what the best way to work out is and it definitely doesn't know shit about what someone in the military needs

Ideally you should be doing workouts that are tailored for the PT test

>work triceps, shoulders and pecs for push-ups
>work core and quads for sit-ups
>fucking run for the 2 miler (or 1 1/2 miler for you pussies)

Or whatever your PT test does

t. Armyfag that consistently gets a 300 on his APFT
>>
>>42090334
You the guy from Bragg?
>>
>>42090345
No
>>
>>42090334

I knew what I was getting to when I joined the air force. No regrets so far.

Honestly the afpt test is so ridiculously easy that I don't think you need to train in the gym to pass it with good scores. 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, and about an 11:30 1.5 mile run time nets you a 90/100 if you're NOT a fatass. Even lower if your waist size is good.
>>
>>42090400
Nobody should have trouble PASSING the test anon, but you should want to MAX it
>>
>>42090400
Pls be in Minot
>>
>>42090407

You're not wrong. I've got the 67 pushups and 58 situps to cap down. Working on that 9:12 1.5 mile is my major goal for my upcoming test in 6 months. Kinda ducking right now since I randomly fucked my knees and just came off of a no run profile last month. Fucking heck...
>>
>>42090419

Almost but no dice. I got diverted away from there at the last second.
>>
>>42090436
Was there for 4 years... Best gains of my life, now a PACAF senpai
>>
>>42090451

I got sent the other way for efmp (wife and daughter have medical needs minot could not fill). My current base is giving me good opportunities to work on things. My shop has a good chunk of time cut out of night shift specifically for everyone to go to the gym, since there's not much to do from midnight to 3.
>>
>>42090465
Yeahh being NCOIC for a mdg clinic gives me all the time I need for lifting. Just stick to a routine, screw your supervisor, run 1 month before your pt test and keep up lifting. Saw someone who was skinny fat get well built in 3 years from dedication. Started off being nervous but at the gym everyday made me smile, would always give him a head nod when I saw him. But keep at your routine man, read the sticky then switch to a bro split once you've developed your main muscles. You'll make it brah
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.