[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Normally I lift to better myself and increase my potential for sports but I was wondering does any of you lift because you're depressed. Sometimes I do when I think about shit that hurts me. It feels like a good out to forget the pain momentarily. It's not my main motivation because thats not who I am but still.
>>
File: IMG_0211.jpg (28KB, 466x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0211.jpg
28KB, 466x413px
>>42082567
>>
File: legislative monopoly.jpg (188KB, 960x582px) Image search: [Google]
legislative monopoly.jpg
188KB, 960x582px
>>42082567
I'm not sure if I'm depressed but I feel a hard, agitating throb in my chest 90% of the time, and the only time I don't feel that is when I'm at the gym.
>>
File: image_14644.jpg (32KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
image_14644.jpg
32KB, 410x500px
>>42082567
>tfw decade-long depression has worsened to the point where you have no energy or ambition and all emotions feel like they're stifled and the nagging voice telling you to quit because things will never get better keeps getting louder
>>
>>42082567
Nice eyephunny water mark
>>
>>42083556
It could be anxiety, which usually goes with depression but not necessarily
>>
When I'm really depressed I can't bring myself to lift. I lift because of anxiety and self-awareness I have when I look like a skeleton.
>>
>>42082567
I train because if I don't I'll fall into a pit of depression.

I have no friends anymore at the age of 27; I don't fit in with people and I can't bring myself to be content with a life of drink and drugs anymore.

The only option I have is to focus 100% on boxing and compete so I'm moving forward in life rather than being sat in my room being a loser drinking and getting stoned when I'm not at work.

it's working, I'm 4 wins - 1 loss and I've gotten a girlfriend who I met at boxing; we train together and shes like my best friend; she has the same issues with me in that she doesn't fit in with people or have any friends because shes too nice. Shes into anime and manga and I can 100% be myself around her; I can open up about my nerdy interests rather than hiding them like I do from most people.
>>
>>42085009
liar
>>
>>42085159
True Anon I swear it
>>
File: tumblr_o3koipnXt51v8mphwo6_500.png (269KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3koipnXt51v8mphwo6_500.png
269KB, 500x375px
>>42085009
nice anon

keep going and stay focused, it'll all fall into place :-)
>>
I lift because it just feels good to set goals and reach them. I used to fill that desire with vidya but it got really old and didn't feel fulfilling. Plus the added discipline and restraint required for getting fit is a pretty useful thing for other areas like work and shit.
>>
File: 1485548907806.png (3MB, 2614x1486px) Image search: [Google]
1485548907806.png
3MB, 2614x1486px
>>42084541
>becoming a victim

never gunna make it

im not even joking, a victim mentality will only make you more depressed

you need to realize you're not a victim, you are in control

make things happen, don't fall to your knees unless you want to get your head cut off
>>
>>42085009
You seem nice but to be honest you don't sound like you have a fighter'a heart. It's likely you'll probably just get comfy with your gf and never progress past amateur level boxing.

Good 4 u for getting active but it takes more than just wanting to get rid of feels to become a champion
>>
Lifting won't cure depression. Lifting is a healthy lifestyle choice that will benefit you 'in the background'. Curing depression comes from fixing your thought patterns and thought habits.

I recommend watching and learning from E. Hulse on youtube. He's got a lot of great videos on this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpvi83CXjY
>>
>>42086522
Thanks for posting this.
>>
Yeah I'm depressed, I lift because it's one more small positive thing I can do with a day
I'm stuck painting houses with my dad because I don't fit in and can't get any momentum going
Just got back from a first date and it looks like there won't be a second even though I was as outgoing and positive and confident as possible because I have no social status or accomplishments, I was too busy making "memories" that people don't want to hear about
>>
>>42082567
I started lifting again because I had hit rock bottom and wanted to kill myself I hated everything I was and how fat lazy and degenerate I had become I used lift almost like self harm I would go and murder my muscles in the gym bc I'm to big of a pussy to cut myself it didn't help with my depression but it became the foundation that I rebuilt my life on with the better shape I gained from lifting I gained confidence and energy in my everyday life which helped me get back to a normal life I still get depressed some times but I know I can get better now I'm glad I found somthing I love again
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.