[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lifting straps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Dear /fit/,
I'm lifting for like 3/4 year now.
Last weak i hit the 200kg/440lbs deadlift using alternate grip. I feel like alternate grip fucks up my shoulder pretty badly, so i'm thinking of using straps.
what style/material/etc. do you recommend?

p.s. don't worry about my grip training
>>
>>42079528
I'm a handlet and have been using the lasso for a while, which works perfectly for me. Then again I'm also dyel, so you may choose to ignore my advice
>>
Just buy the xheapeat one they are all the same
>>
>>42079528
lasso maybe. If you release your grip too much it gets extremely painful, so it might be preventing you a bit from relying too much on it
>>
hook grip has the highest versatility, highest security, and cheapest cost
>>
>>42079576
>be dyel who has weak grip strength
>use straps so you will never develop strong grip
why? i have mates who have small hands and dont use straps because they have good grip strength from not using straps
>>
>>42079616
>cheapest cost
my thumbs are pretty valuable to me
>>
>>42079651
The bar starts to slip out of my hands at reps 4 and 5, so I end up concentrating more on holding it than actually deadlifting. I do other grip work, so I'm not too worried. Maybe I should just buy chalk
>>
>>42079681
i feel you bro, chalk is key

>>42079616
yeah i tried hook grip, i'm not really into the technique yet, i feel like my thumb is too short.
Also I have to write a lot in university so i feel like i can't really commit to hook grip atm.
>>
>>42079528
Lasso that is made of leather. Everything else is shit
>>
>>42079528
I always let the bar hang on my fingers in orthodox grip, not even grasping it hard, never dropped the bar ever. DL 200kg for reps. Do i have superhuman grip?
>>
The only straps you should ever use are a single piece of fabric with no loops. The loops get tighter and tighter on your wrist as the set progresses and can fuck up your shit.
>>
>>42079917
Nah, we are just posting on a board that's 99% underage DYEL

I do about the same, 335lbx10 or 425x4 diddlylift and my trip never fails. Occasionally use chalk if sweaty and I've already done something that fatigued my forearms

I don't get how if you start at 1 plate deadlift and slowly progress, how does your grip not progress too? They must be doing something wrong. I mean, once you get to 5-6 plates that's a different story but .000001% of fit posters DL more than 5 pl8
>>
File: 1483810679422.jpg (130KB, 1448x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1483810679422.jpg
130KB, 1448x1892px
>>42080013
>tfw 5pl8 mixed grip
>>
File: 1487441932831.gif (872KB, 326x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487441932831.gif
872KB, 326x300px
>tfw I only deadlift 3pl8 but I use straps because I don't want to rip my bicep off my arm

what's the point of mixed grip at all when you can just use straps? Why risk muscle imbalances and bicep tears?
>>
>>42080075
Just don't pull with your bicep. Also I heard if you grip slightly wider with the under hand you should be fine.
>>
>>42080075
what's the point of being male if you don't train grip? i can hold 3pl8 on my fucking fingertips at this point.
>>
At what weight did everyone start using straps to deadlift? I've failed 255 lbs multiple times now due to grip and I'm feeling so defeated. I know it's baby weight. Makes the feel worse.
>>
>>42080232
farmers walk really helps, i recommend doing it at the end of your workout though because after that you'll have a grip like an aborted foetus
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.