[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fit I need you help, recently my dad went into the doctor to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: dadbod.jpg (82KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
dadbod.jpg
82KB, 625x415px
Fit I need you help, recently my dad went into the doctor to do his yearly check up and the results came back in earlier today. Now he's always had a difficulty managing his weight but this time was different, the tests came back saying his triglyceride level was 3 times above normal. He already has heart problems and he loves to eat, I want to get him active but he says he'll just try to eat better and keep his stress down but I know that he's just paying us lip service.

Christ almighty I'm scared, I know he's getting on in age (he's 63) but the way he's going his mentality is "if I have a problem I'll just take the medication they give me" and there are times when I want to grab him by the throat and throttle him because he's being such a whiny cunt about exercising but I'm scared for him, I really am. He refuses to go to the gym and says he'll increase his walking, but honestly I don't trust him one bit. What else can I do to help him? I just want to help my dad.
>>
wish you the best
>>
Honestly, if he hasn't started to give a fuck at 63 he never will.
>>
Get him to replace all vegetal oils by coconut oil. That also means no fast food or processed food since they all contain that. You can even bake him cookies with coconut oil to help with cravings.

If he's on statins, absolutely get him Coenzyme Q10 from like purebulk (no additives). As explained on the wiki of statins, they block the production of this antioxidant and this brings other problems.

Get him some vitamin E too, shit's magic for the heart.
>>
>>42077262
Thanks.

>>42077281
I know it's so hard, he's jackass when it comes to this stuff always figuring that there will be some medication or a pill around the corner to solve his problem. I don't want to be all doom and gloom but I want him to realize that for something's there no pill to come back from. I can see in his attitute that he knows he's getting old, I know he won't live forever but still this "meh what happens happens" scares me so much. I feel like a little kid all over again.

>>42077282
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll look into what you mentioned and see if it something that will help him. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>42077224

I feelbad man :(

Also, guys I dont want to derail but i need help. How do you deal with a dad that likes to pick fights for no reason? I love my dad, but he just argues and I try to stay quiet or not say anything offensive, but he gets even more mad for some reason. What do i do /fit/?
>>
>>42077357
OP here, sorry to hear about your dad. Is there a source to all this anger?
>>
>>42077357
His shit testing your dumb ass, you should either tell him to fuck off or just walk away, but don't just sit there like a pussy and take unnecessary bullshit
>>
>>42077224
If you truly love your dad and want the best for him you'd grabbing food that induces these problems out of his hands and force him to exercise by any means
>>
>>42077282
>his triglyceride level was 3 times above normal.
and you want him to have coconut oil from all the fucking oils, the one with the most saturated fat and the most calories
>>
>>42077224
Honestly the best thing to do is just focus on yourself and hope he notices you and follows your lead. Train hard and get shredded and then hopefully he can make the decision to get /fit/ himself, because it's ultimately gotta be his decision.

But I wouldn't lose hope, my dad was over 300 lbs at age 65, over the last 2 years he's dropped down to a healthy weight at 170-180 and maintained it for like 6 months.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.