[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Fasting to lose weight. Help me!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1343742495_fasting.png (94KB, 1856x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1343742495_fasting.png
94KB, 1856x1584px
Hey /fit/, first time posting on this board and want to lose body fat weight.

So I remember in college that I weighed about 350 pounds with a large percentage of body fat, and the cafeteria food always gave people the squirts and people in my dorm usually reduced their meal tickets to two meals a day instead of three, and at one point I decided to stop eating at the cafeteria and I fasted, starving myself to the point I lost about 100 pounds of body fat. I would've kept going but I was concerned about safety. Anyways, I remember looking at myself and I didn't look too bad.

Now fast forward some years and I'm back to around the same body weight. I want to try fasting again, but this time with proper supplements and nutrients so I don't starve myself. I remember I lacked vitamin D and some other nutrients after I starved myself at college, but I also stopped being pre-diabetic.

So for any of you who know about fasting, could you help me out? I know I should be drinking more water when not eating to replace the water weight in food, but other than that I don't know what else to supplement when I begin fasting, other than making sure I have enough electrolytes.

Could you guys give me a list of stuff I could maybe get delivered from Amazon? I live in the States.
>>
I should mention I'm about 5'10".
>>
>>42076444
Google is better than this board
>>
>>42076517
Yeah but how do I make calculations based on my traits of how much nutrients I need?
>>
Don't fast.

read the sticky and lose weight the right way.

otherwise you will just gain it back. Starving yourself(fasting) fucks your metabolism so you will get even fatter than you were before as soon as you start eating again.

you didn't get fat overnight, you won't get skinny overnight either.
>>
>>42076624
Yeah I know it messes with metabolism, but that can be adjusted later right? Besides, I've already fucked my metabolism from college.
>>
>>42076644
Also, I could stand to save some money from food.
>>
File: 537286563.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
537286563.png
74KB, 412x351px
>>42076444
>ate 1200kl
>suddenly urges for sugar
>go to the store for oreos and milk
>ended up eating 2000kl
>>
the important thing with dieting is consistency. You need to be able to stick to your new eating habits indefinitely. If you fast/starve yourself, you might stick with it for a while, but eventually you will either binge/cheatmeal, or quit altogether and fall off the wagon.

Instead of looking for quick results, make small changes to diet, build healthy eating habits and exercise routine. Only do something you can stick to long term. If you go too extreme in either your diet or exercise, you will quit or get injured.
>>
>>42076762
But when I was in college I didn't really cheat other than for the fact I was scared of getting scurvy or something, and I just ate a small sandwich. After a few days of my stomache complaining I was content at not wanting to eat.
>>
>>42076781
>>42076762
>you will quit or get injured
That's why I'm seeking advice so that I don't get injured while fasting. I am okay with a bulk purchase of supplements and vitamins that I'll take daily, along with maybe some brine or broth with protein and other things, which I remember a Jewish high school teacher taking when she fasted.
>>
>>42076444
Hello! We have recently created a discord server for the growing fasting community (Intermittent or extended). Support your peers in their journey of fasting, and feel free to post your progress! Please join and support the Fasting League! https://discord.gg/4c3Aua5 (Thinspo and glorification of eating disorders is strictly forbidden!)
>>
>>42077153
Way to sound like a snake oil salesman. Still, I'll bite.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.