[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know how to treat BDD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: bdd.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bdd.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Sup /fit/.
Been a few tough months for me lately where I get disappointed in myself regarding my body.
Even though I am bigger than any of my friends and most people at the gym, I still see myself as small and ugly.
I went from borderline fat to fit and with a sixpack that I always wanted, I really felt good with my body until a few months ago.

Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like BDD is only talked about in the women industry and I have never heard anything about men dealing with the same stuff.
How can I get rid of these images of myself?

Mind you, I like my body most of the time but lately I've been feeling bad about it even though I still progress in strength and looks.
I get comments from my friends/family/gym-bros that I look good and all that but when I get home and look myself in the mirror or when trying to take pictures, I see nothing but a DYEL.

BDD = Body Dysmorphic Disorder
>>
>>42070566
Post your body so we can reassure you you're not DYEL
>>
File: forever-small.jpg (114KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
forever-small.jpg
114KB, 500x301px
>>
>>42070586
I don't want to.

>>42070651
Haha
>>
>>42070695
C'mon man, just post it so we can tell you that you are huge
>>
File: 1495851067199.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1495851067199.gif
2MB, 320x180px
post body or shut up!
>>
>>42070722
I never said I was.
My point of this thread was to discuss BDD.
>>
>>42070834
Bdd isn't real, just gotta learn to be happy with what you have. Shutup and keep lifting . Whining isn't gonna change anything. It's not like it's life threatening like you're going to be malnurished. Only idiot girls do that, which I hope you're not. No health risks with getting big unless you start roiding
>>
>>42070566
I know 100% for a fact your not fit or jacked. If you were fit/jacked you would know that everyone who has been lifting for a considerable amount of time has body dismorphia. You big gay baby
>>
>>42070566
You prob look like shit. Irrational fears are usually still somewhat grounded in reality
>>
>>42070834
You literally said you were bigger than your friends and everyone at the gym
>>
>>42072341
I'm bigger than everyone in my gym, doesn't mean I'm big just that everyone in my gym is small.
>>
>>42070566
>>42072368
can't decide if you're fishing for compliments or you're actually worried... look man I'm not happy with my body 100% of the time either but that doesn't mean I can't objectively (or almost objectively) see how good I look, are you sure you're not just having a phase? just compare fucking pictures (yourself to others - not fitness models tho, lighting is a bitch - or your current body to previous pictures of you), pretend it's not you if it helps...
I honestly think BDD is not that big of a deal, bodybuilders and roidmonkeys blame BDD sometimes but you know what? They just took it too far and got way too addicted to gains, that's not an actual mental problem, is it now?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.