[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/ - Sad Ben Affleck Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 39

There doesn't seem to be any QTDDTOT thread.

Is it true that eating too much fat prohibits your body from using all the protein you eat and if it's true how exactly does it happen?
>>
who told you that
>>
>>42070450
you should look into how the keto diets work, and then think about that question again
>>
>>42070466

I read it somewhere here. Didn't make much sense to me but I'm curious and it's exactly the kind of question that doesn't deserve it's own thread.
>>
I'm doing a mix of bodyweight and phrak greyskull with dumbbells but my notebook is a mess. Is there an iPhone application where I can log everything?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 160x228px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 160x228px
>>42070450
Why do some people have a lean face like this? Mike Mew?

>Pic-related is a high school pic.
>>
File: think.jpg (3KB, 121x125px) Image search: [Google]
think.jpg
3KB, 121x125px
I've had fuckarounditis for two years, but according to symmetric strength my lifts are still untrained. Does this mean that I can take advantage of noob gains?

t. skinnyfat looking to recomp or cut
>>
How will my progress on lifts differ when on a lean bulk compared to a 500 cal surplus bulk?
>>
Scooby's real name is Scooby?
>>
So basically (the short tl;dr version without drama)
>lifted for two months
>hurt back most likely due to shitty form
>didn't lift for about 1-1.5 months due to personal reasons
>want to go back now
I did SL 5x5 before and obviously my form was pretty shit on about every lift. I don't think I should continue lifting from my current stats but I don't think I should start back at the bar either.
Should I go with whatever they use for people "new" to the program (I think half of your previous max?) and progressive overload that fucker a bit faster if I'm feeling it's too easy and the form's alright, or should I just deload slightly by 10kg or so and try to do it with a decent form?
>>
>>42070881
i think so
http://scoobysworkshop.com/about/
>>
while cutting, should i train for strength or for endurance?
>>
>>42070741
grind your teeth on something.
>>
I always read this
>1-3 = power (pic of burly Eastern European Olympic lifter)
>3-5 = strength (pic of manlet powerlifter)
>6-15 = hypertrophy (pic of roid monster)
>15+ = endurance (pic of Lance Armstrong's scrawny arms)

What do endurance gains really look like? No gains?

That makes no sense. Why wouldn't I get hypertrophy gains doing up to 30 reps per set?
>>
>>42070466
>>42070483

So is it absolute bullshit?
>>
>>42071243
because you dont need more muscle to be able to do smth you already can do 30 times in a row.
What you need is adaptation.
As your strength goes up so does your endurance potential.
You can get to like 85% of your endurance max in 1 month.
There is no point to train endurance unless you are training for something specific
>>
>>42071331
What I'm asking is, why not pump more volume?

Like, let's say I curl 30lbs for about 8 reps. Let's say I then work my way up to curling 30lbs for 15 reps. Here's where a lot of people try to go up to 35lb dumbbells. But why not keep pumping out more reps? Why not go up to 25 reps at 30lbs? It's like all the bro-experts are telling me once I do 16 reps of something I'm not gonna grow.
>>
>>42070536
probably

>>42070771
yes.
do the compound lifts atleast twice a week, and try to increase the weights over time.

>>42070862
depends on the person and how strong you already are, but probably a bit slower progress.

>>42070944
fuck, i hate these stupid questions.
try to think for a second please.

>>42071057
train how you would otherwise.
if you normally do high volume, that might not work, so then decrease volume a bit.

>>42071262
yes.
too much body fat can slow down gains though because of more unfavourable hormone levels.

>>42071357
iirc some studies have shown no hypertrophic difference between training with 30% 1RM and 80% 1RM.
but higher weights will increase strength more, which allows more overload and thus more hypertrophy.
so over time, getting stronger faster will help you get bigger faster.
in practice, for optimal hypertrophy, this results in 8-12 reps for 65% of your training and the rest divided over lower and higher reps.
>>
I'm 5'9 and 150.6lbs, lift 3x a week and try to run twice a week. I've still got a slight gut. How much do you have to lose to get rid of shit like this?
>>
>>42071475
depending on genetics, it can stay there forever, unless you do a drastic cut.
i wouldnt worry about it.
building more muscle will make it easier to get rid of it and to make it seem smaller in comparison.
150 @ 5'9 isn't much.
>>
>>42071491
I know. I'm getting to the point where I feel like losing more weight is going to be worse for my health, but when I look and see that small bit of fat, it makes me angry. I've been trying to incorporate more ab work to hopefully press it out more evenly in the mean time.
>>
Should I bench everyday to get my strength up?

I normally squat everyday to warm up and every so often deload. I've finished smolov so I'm not worried about volume or intensity and my cns is fine.

Only issue is my bench fucking sucks dick
It sucks dick at sucking dick.
>>
100g mayonnaise a day, will it fuck me up?
trying to bulk and it has like 600kcals and I can mix it with chicken or fish
>>
>>42071537
i alternate bench and cgbp every day
>>
>>42071553
Reasonably, what % should your CGB be to regular bench?
>>
>>42071553
Okay neat.
>>42071564
And I second this.

My closegrip tends to be fairly similar. Maybe 70 of my normal bench.

But again. I reiterate. Shitty bench. So idk
>>
File: 1499136699736.jpg (85KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499136699736.jpg
85KB, 1024x1024px
I'm a freak of nature and I don't seem to need to eat very much. I can manage about 600 calories a day even with a 5k run thrown in. I've gone from 230 to 200 this past month on a 1000-600 calorie diet. I stopped eating mainly because of finances but I'm in a better spot now and my junk food and soda addiction is cured. Should I just buy a bunch of fish and chicken and start bulking and lifting or should I just keep going with eating the minimum while trying to burn fat?

I really don't give two fucks about strength, it's 100% about aesthetics for me because I've always been an ugly fuck and I feel like for once I have actual control over my body. I got a long way to go before I look good, but what's my next step? How bad did I fuck my metabolism? I noticed yesterday I could barely manage to eat even a third of what I used to even when I try.
>>
i wasted my noob gains at the trash gym in my apartment complex and frequently stopped working out because of school. is there a way to reset my body to start over again?
>>
>>42071461
>fuck, i hate these stupid questions.
>try to think for a second please.
Well shit nigga I wouldn't ask if I was sure.
I assume that "restarting" the program with the progress I've made is the best course of action but I just wanted for someone more knowledgable to reaffirm it.
>>
>>42071619
Depends on what you want to do.
Do you want to be a thin skeleton? If so just continue doing whatever the fuck you are doing right now. You can always get some mass later on.
Do you want to end up as a thin skeleton with some meat on your bones? Then you should probably do some liftan.
>>
>>42072065
go in the gym, do sets of 5, start with the bar, slowly work your way up, see where it gets difficult.
then start a bit below that.

how can people not think of this basic shit themselves?
that's what gets me mad
>>
File: dank_souls.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dank_souls.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
Decided to stop neglecting my lower body and start cutting hard. Im about 250lbs and 25-30% bf. How can I maximize my lower body gains, Im starting at 115lbs for squats to get the form an stuff down, but even thats tough. Can I squat 3 times a week? What else should I implement, I have an oly bar and squat rack. And a bench press.
>>
Skelly here lifting for about 1 month now. How long should I do stronglifts 5x5 before doing a PPL routine?
>>
Why the fuck I want to deadlift so much?
I did yesterday. Today is my rest day, but I want so bad to got to the gym just to deadlift. It's like a craving.
>>
>>42072294
Until you stop progressing linearly.
>>
Hi newbie here. Does Creatine really give you "water muscles"? As in, your muscles will look bigger but that's because they're bloated with water, you won't actually be stronger. My friend said this when I suggested trying creatine for my workouts.
>>
Do deadhangs really help with grip strength it's not very hard to just hang
>>
>>42072132
Wall sit with pl8s
>>
>>42070450
Have any of you taken the Animal Pack Multivitamins? Is it good compared to the Opti-men multi?
>>
>>42073158
Yes. Creating CAN help you improve your lifts but chances are you're already getting as much as you'd need to see any results if your diet includes red meat, which naturally contains creatine.
>>
>>42073158
mate what's the point of asking questions on the most researched sup out there

anyway i'll bite but make it quick

creatine gives you reel mussle, because it's a chemical your body produces to make muscle, you're not getting natty water muscles are you? Durrrr

also you probably have no need for creatine if you are young and eat properly
>>
I have relatively low blood pressure. Not at a dangerous level but low compared to the average for my age (20).

Problem is, I notice it in my daily life when blood pools in my feet easily, my limbs fall asleep a lot, and even my erections suffer occasionally.

Is there any way to naturally/safely increase my blood pressure to an average level that will take care of these problems?
>>
Bacon planet here.

Do you have any tips to share on how to keep motivated? Results are one thing but i dont progress "fast" enough to stay super motivated
>>
>>42073158
The "watery muscles" you refer to fatigue less quickly. Meaning you can lift more. That is how creatine works.

>>42073397
Wat.
>>
>>42073422
Creatine is present in red meats, meaning that supplementing it might be useless depending on your diet
>>
Reminder if you're a circuit trainer then everyone hates you and you really need to stay the fuck out of regular gyms.
>>
File: C0IAVe6VEAEzmKz.jpg (462KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C0IAVe6VEAEzmKz.jpg
462KB, 1536x2048px
Should I do Ice Cream Fitness or Strong Lifts (ps ima girl)
http://www.strawpoll.me/13387967
>>
File: P_20170709_010016.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170709_010016.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
>109 calories per 100 g
>25 g protein per 100 g
>1 g of fat per 100 g
That sound too good to be true.
Can i eat that every meal ?
Its tuna can btw
>>
I like the way I look after taking a big shit. How do I achieve this look without actually shitting all the time?
>>
How do I get rid of the gap between the breasts on my chest?
>>
I've been doing the following every day:

Planks
Side planks
Bridges
Pushups
Pullups
Squats
Running

What else can I add for a more well-rounded routine?
>>
>>42074088
Froggy glute lifts, donkey kicks, leg raises, flutter kicks, steps, lunges, more squats.
>>
Is it possible to bulk too hard?
>>
>>42073900
It's not recommended you eat tuna daily due to possible mercury poisoning
>>
what's a good tricep isolation exc for the long head?
i'm right handed and everything is stronger and a bit bigger on the right side except my triceps..
when i do an excersise, i just 'feel' the tension and activation more on the left side..
>>
File: WIN_20170708_19_52_40_Pro (2).jpg (240KB, 1166x1168px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170708_19_52_40_Pro (2).jpg
240KB, 1166x1168px
Am i allowed to wear this in public without people laughing at me?
>>
>>42074401
you can literally wear nothing but a thong and pull it off if you're confident and don't give a fuck, that's also a typical bro tank I don't see why people would even bat an eye at that
>>
>>42074401
Why would people laugh at that?
>>
>>42074424
>>42074435
Thanks boys im going to do it. You even got me tearing up a bit.
>>
>>42070450
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning
To little fat and your body cannot digest protein, I do not think the inverse happens
>>
Should I do flat bench or decline bench for square lower pecs?
I might have fallen for the "incline bench is all you need for aesthetics" meme.
>>
Is it important to eat the white "fur" under the orange or grapefruit peel?
>>
This is probably the most appropriate thread. I have some metal fillings in my teeth and some days they'll be sensitive and I have to be cautious of what I eat/drink then the next day the sensitivity would have vanished. Does this seem normal?
>>
I am a skinnyfat dyel, 5'9 135 pounds who just got his power rack from Amazon.

Do I cut or bulk? I am planning on following SL but I am open to anything else that might get me out of this state. I just want to leave this hell...

Also, where can I learn form for all exercises? I know nothing about how to exercise proper form to avoid snapcity.
>>
File: mount-fuji-near-shizuoka-big.jpg (119KB, 1000x508px) Image search: [Google]
mount-fuji-near-shizuoka-big.jpg
119KB, 1000x508px
I want to climb (hike?) a mountain next year, so I've been going at an easy pace on the treadmill while increasing the incline. Is there something better (in the gym) that I should be doing?
>>
File: 41MD0Ho1K8L.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41MD0Ho1K8L.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
Are B12 supplements a meme or do they work
>>
File: sauna-253938_1280.jpg (98KB, 961x540px) Image search: [Google]
sauna-253938_1280.jpg
98KB, 961x540px
Are there any actual health or fitness benefits to a sauna/ steam room?
>>
File: 1489091999362.jpg (246KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489091999362.jpg
246KB, 1000x1000px
Lately when I fap, during the orgasm my legs start burning. Should I hop on nofap asap?
>>
>>42075202
Health sure.
Opens pores, relaxes muscles, if you live in a dry climate it'll soothe your mucous membranes.
Fitness nope.
>>
What are the best seeds/nuts to put in shakes for gains without fucking up the taste?
>>
>>42075202
does it make you feel better? if yes, yes
>>
can one get stronger with 5x5 during a cut?
>>
why is my ohp stalling?
>>
How do I know how heavy my weights need to be if I am doing 5x5 arm and shoulder exercises?

I dont do leg exercises because I always ride a bike
>>
>>42075212
A man goes to the doctor.

He says "Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this."

The doctor says "Don't do that."
>>
>>42075244
can someone explain how the legs of this girl at my gym got SO much bigger even though she has been squatting 90 POUNDS FOR 3 MONTHS?
>>
>>42075267
Yes.
>>
How many /fit/izens use decline bench?

I find it great for my chest but notice some very slight shoulder pain afterwards.
>>
File: thumbsup3.jpg (45KB, 445x602px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup3.jpg
45KB, 445x602px
>>42072132
Bumbity bump
>>
What's the opinion on riding a real bike for a workout? Seems a good way for cardio and leg gains
>>
Best should exercises when you only have dumbells?
>>
I'm on bender currently, I'll accept the charges gains-wise but when exactly is it best to train after?
>>
Is it ok to replace regular back squats with hacksquats?
>>
redpill me on SARMs. just read about cardarine
>>
File: 1498865312014.png (23KB, 800x721px) Image search: [Google]
1498865312014.png
23KB, 800x721px
If I'm standing with a barbell in my hands as If i were about to do some shrugs, but instead use my fingers to lift the barbell, what muscles would I be using?

help would be much appreciated, my dudes
>>
>>42075853
Hammer Curls, Supinating Curls and Rows
>>
What is the equivalent of 1/2/3/4 for a woman?
>>
>>42076314
1RM?

85/115/225/265
>>
>>42076314
0/0/.5/1
no girl squats above 90lbs
>>
>>42076328
at my gym that is
>>
>>42076284
any more?
>>
>>42076323

Damn, I have a ways to go. Good to have goals.
>>
Does your dick hang lower than your balls?
>>
>>42070450
I'm having a slight disconfort in my backs after doing dl and squats

Is it normal? Yes, i'm a dyel
>>
File: ss example.png (41KB, 279x586px) Image search: [Google]
ss example.png
41KB, 279x586px
>>42076314
1/2/3/4 is bullshit, 180 kg deadlift is far more than 60 kg ohp
>>
My friend was drinking a Starbucks canned protien coffee drink and he noticed that if you calculate the calories content based on the gram amounts listed for each macronutrient, it doesn't match the calorie amount on the can? Why is this? We factored in dietary fiber amount but it was still 30 or so calories off.
>>
To fat or former fat here with Social Anxiety, how did your first time in the gym go? and If I want start losing weight, should I go to a weight loss doctor or just straight go to a gym and get a trainer? I have absolutely no knowledge of losing weight.
>>
>>42077388
how to avoid lower back rounding when squatting:
>shove your knees out
>wear olympic weightlifting shoes with heels
>use more weight
>don't go deeper than the guy on the front cover of starting strength
>switch to highbar until weight is heavy enough
>less hip drive
>stretch soleus, hamstrings, adductors
deadlifting:
>no belt
>less weight
>correct starting position
>squeeze your chest up
>shoes without heels
>knees should be pointing out a little
>>
>>42077421
>weight loss
we apologize for the sticky being offline
https://web.archive.org/web/20160829003456/http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html
share the link on /fit/ as often as possible

>first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZgd6Ba4AAg
I went at 5 am for a year or so
>>
How the FUCK do I eat more?
I have trouble eating 3 meals a day. No matter how much I workout I cannot get big unless I eat big.

What can I do to jam more calories and brotein down my skinny fucking gullet?
>>
File: 1498094430117.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498094430117.gif
2MB, 320x240px
SHIN PAIN WHEN ROWING, DEADLIFTING? WHAT DO?
>>
>>42077536
if you refuse to do the necessary research and lern the correct form you're not gonna make it
>>
>>42077536
Do research, correct form, still have pain. Now what do?
>>
>>42077602
Do more research, correct form even more
Everybody deadlifts and pendlay rows without chin pain, only anon doesn't get it
>>
Where is the best place to get a tattoo for a dyel?
>>
How do you know how many calories are there in the food you eat?
>>
>>42077670
My fitness pal + a kitchen scale
>>
>>42070450

My shoulder hurts like fuck doing incline bench.

Normal benches and various dumbbell work is always perfectly fine.

I've watched a few youtubes on form and can't find a problem.

What do?
>>
>>42075081
if you're more deficient it will work better

just make sure it's methyl sourced and not cyano, and sublingual is typically best

t. nutritionist
>>
>>42077702

Are you tucking your elbows?
>>
1. Is it better to stretch before or after exercise?

2. Is there a "best" cardio exercise, or are they all essentially the same?
>>
What's an impressive squat at 80kg / 180lbs?
>>
I went on a holiday and stopped taking creatine for 2 weeks. Should I just take 5g a day normally or load it again? (20g for a couple of days then back to 5g)
>>
>>42071057
If our form is good the best way to maintain muscle mass is to do high intensity low rep. Example 3x5 squat on Monday and 1x5 on Friday with really heavy weights

T. Gained 10kg on my squat and lost 10kg bw at an advanced level of strength
>>
Can I get a form check for my low bar squat?
https://streamable.com/94ili
>>
>>42077950
0-1s stretches before, just to get to the end point and quickly fall back. You dotn want to lose the muscles' natural elasticity, it helps you lift more and you arent as prone to injuries. Long, static 5-30s stretches after training or at home, just not before workout. They improve your flexibility in the long term.

Never stretch a pumped muscle though, it being in pump means it's already at it's max stretched state.
>>
>>42077471
Whole milk and shakes, you can drink those whenever, even if you think can't fit any more. And you shake can have as much protein as you want. Add honey if you need the calories and can stand a bit of sugar.
>>
I'm currently working for a food courier which requires me to cycle everyday. I cycle aprox. around 5 - 10 miles daily. If I want to continue gaining muscle and cycle everyday will I need to up my protein intake?
>>
>>42078216
No
But if your bodyweight goes down eat more caloroes
>>
>>42078216
You will mostly need to increase your calories. Which should automatically increase your protein intake as well. But your protein intake isn't that important, provided you're already getting a good amount.
>>
>>42078231
>>42078233
I just started Friday so I'm gonna monitor it closely. I suppose its time for me to enjoy a bigger meal.
Thanks guys.
>>
Will doing a strength based program and getting stronger make me any bigger?
>>
>>42078371
yes
>>
does anybody else have trouble with their first rep while doing dips, but then are fine for the rest of them?
>>
>>42078371
>muh strength equals size
strength is proportional to size and the factor depends mostly on rep range and rest between sets
but the basic starting strength program is the fasted way to gain muscle if you're a beginner because hitting 5 reps will lead to the fastest strength progress at that time
>>
I'm looking for a YouTuber I used to watch in 2013, he was born in 1991 and he was quite bulky, I remember he did a video where he cut, maybe had a beard and husband videos were pretty low quality, he sold diet and training plans and his email address had 'beast' and '1991' in it, I know it's not much information but it's all I remember
>>
I'm visiting my parents next week and won'[t be able to get to the gym.

I've shifted my sessions about so I 'll still go the same number of times next week but i'll have 3 days between workouts if I don't do anything there. I was planning on doing some jogging, but is there a basic bodyweight routine anyone could recommend that doesn't involve equipment? Honestly I can only think of planks and push ups.
>>
File: 675e676r787680.jpg (16KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
675e676r787680.jpg
16KB, 960x540px
How can I make a bodyweight squat harder without any gym equipment? Squatting with a chair held in the arms might work?
>>
>>42070450
The guy who sold me a mass gainer told me that milk prevents muscle growth.
Is he full of shit? the package literally says to drink with whole milk.
>>
I just started doing bjj 4 times a week for 2+ hours a session and am trying to change my weight lifting program so I don't burn the fuck out.

All exercises are trying to get 3x12 where I start at 3x6 and work my way up. When I hit 3x12 I add weight.

A
>Lunges
>Straight Leg Deadlift
>Squats

B
>Bench press
>Dumbell fly
>Overhead press
>Skullcrushers

C
>Pull up
>Chin up
>Dumbell row

Is this too little volume?
>>
>>42078645
Whats your frequency? ABCxABCx?
When are you doing curls? Why are you doing lunges, chest flys and two different pullup variations?
I like that you're doing SLDL bc it's more of a leg exercise than deadlifts and therefore fits better in a ppl
>>
are zottman curls a meme? after looking them up it almost seems like it's the ultimate biceps exercise, seems too good.
>>
>>42078640
>Is he full of shit?
yes
>>
>>42078692
looks like a great curl for mass building
I'm doing the one from starting strength because it's the mildest for my biceps tendinits
>>
>>42078686
Yeah, was thinking ABCxABCx. However, it's not uncommon that I need to go light or sub an exercise due to injury.

I was thinking chinups target the biceps enough to not need curls, hence the two pullup variation. I didn't know what else to keep on leg day and my equipment is limited to free weights so I thought lunges would help target quads, glutes and stabilisers in the calf. Fly's because I want to target my chest a bit extra right now, though I wouldn't mind changing it.

I am pretty rookie at designing a routine, so any advice would be nice. For a little context, I'm on the ass end of a cut with a few more kg to go before bulking.
>>
>>42077395
>180 kg deadlift is far more than 60 kg ohp

not necessarily true, it depends on your leverages/genetics

im 6ft3 with a 6ft8 arm span, wide hips and trunk like legs

i hit 200kg deadlift while barely ohping 60kg x3, and this was on an upper body focused program (because i wanted to bring my ohp up)
>>
I recently started a new routine that has OHP after bench and my arms feel extremely weak when I'm doing them (I struggled on my warmup set ..). Does that mean I'm benching wrong?
>>
>>42078735
Just to clarify my arms feel weak on OHP after my bench sets.
>>
File: 1499383511838.jpg (280KB, 784x2085px) Image search: [Google]
1499383511838.jpg
280KB, 784x2085px
>>42078602
>>
When you power clean, do you start from a deadlift like position[1] or from a squat like position[2]?

I know that Rippetoe is known for not being a good power clean teacher, but Alan Thrall also claims to not be an expert in it.

Klokov seems to go with a squat-like starting position, though. Is that the way to go or is it a matter of taste?

[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIB_X2N6020&feature=youtu.be&t=20m25s

[2]: https://youtu.be/mPsxlNjv7Aw?t=24s
>>
>>42078725
>advice
add curls and cut out the bullshit I mentioned

>I'm on the ass end of a cut with a few more kg to go before bulking.
me too. Planning on adding 1 kg per 3 months so I'll be at 87 kg in three years when I'm 28, maybe cut 2 kg if necessary
>>
>>42078735
How much time are you resting between your last bench set and your OHP warm-up?
>>
>>42073998
genetics bby

sorry
>>
>>42077970
as much as you can squat obviously
>>
>>42078111
where the fuck did you read that

>>42077950
dynamic warmup before exercise

like this for lower body
https://youtu.be/EN6HAheRHYQ

band pull aparts, shoulder breakers and before each exercise you want to do short warmup sets with very light weight to go through motion
Only do so much mobility so you can do exercises that you need to do, you dont need to have olympic weightlifter ankle dorsiflexion if you are just average joe squatting low bar

Instead of wasting time stretching work on improving your form /movement patterns or gpp
>>
>>42078639
your arms will tire faster than legs

get a backpack and load it up
but you will probably fall backwards

just get a cheap barbell and some small plates if you are woman, you dont even need squat stand for that just clean the barbell up or something

or you can take children on your back and squat

progressive overload included if you feed them properly
>>
>>42077395
wasnt in my case
got 1plate ohp month before my 4 plate deadlift
my starting numbers were like 35kg ohp and 100kg deadlift

6 2 with long arms
>>
>>42078855
Well this was my first time doing this new routine which didn't mention rest between movements so I just rested about 2 minutes. Routine is nsuns 4 day
>>
>>42077400
you dont get calories only from carbs protein and fats, case in point alcohol
>>
>>42078942
I would go with a minimum of 3 minutes, probably a bit more, but that's because I'm really bad at judging how tired my arms are.
>>
>>42077421
i was fighting myself for long time before i went to gym, but after like 3rd workout i loved it and now its like 8month

you just need to love the hard work and realize people wont give a flying fuck.
and if you are fat but you will give legitimate effort, people will admire it.

fuck you for getti g yourself into that state tho
>>
>>42077421
I started at a gym this month. I don't like being a fatty exercising around people way more fit than me, but we're all there for similar reasons and nobody seems to talk to each other in this gym anyway. So it's weird, but whatever. If getting the weight off is important you'll get through it.
>>
>>42077602
are you placing weight on your toes when you are in bent over position?

try rolling your shins slowly

it should hurt a bit
>>
>>42076787
you go girl
>>
>>42078964
So tired arms on OHP not necessarily = bad form?
>>
>>42078942
rest as long as you need to, provided it's not something retarded like 10 minutes;
5 minutes is fine if you're not used to the volume/intensity, you can always shorten it after a few weeks

also, it's natural that your ohp suffers after the bench, but the ohp in nsuns 4days is just an accessory anyways so ya, the program is focused on increasing your big 3 in pl

>>42079064
im not sure what you're asking, but i get the "tremors" if i do bench after ohp, and vice versa. it's because your triceps are fried from the first movement

you'll get used to it over time though
>>
>>42078640
Yes. And don't by supplements from people like him. Order online and save money.
>>
Should I do seated OHP if I can't get my body under the bar because of weak core (so basically extreme incline bench) or should I do standing OHP but risk lengthening my knee injury recovery time?
>>
>>42078838
Watch Starting Strength's videos about "a comparison of two starting positions"
>>
>>42079243
do incline presses until your knee heals up (up to 45 degree angle)

the reason being ohp + a bench = chance of lower back injury (on last reps you'll extremely curve your lower back trying to get the weight up)

also, incline pressing is a pretty good (temporary) substitute for ohp anyways, so ya.
>>
what should i do? im a 150 pound girl and i want a big butt and thicc body but im trying to lose weight. should i just do SS while leaning out to 125 pounds and then do more of a brosplit when my results will be visible? or is there no point and i should just do some sort of split now?
>>
>>42079364
google brendan tietz 10 week glute program and watch it, absorb it, follow it. the guy is pretty knowledgeable
>>
>>42070450
what are some good /fit/ pot recipes that give you a couple of meals? I did chili and shit was delicious and lasted for 4 meals

what do you guys have? any ideas? today is my day off and going to make something
>>
>>42079364
Doing SS is a good idea, but unless you're a real fatass, I wouldn't worry too much about your weight for now. Lifting will build some muscle and burn some fat at the same time, especially as a beginner. You might actually get heavier and leaner at the same time. Just lift, eat about like you normally would (Don't go hungry, but don't stuff your face either), and reassess your situation in 2-3 months.
>>
File: 2433124.jpg (181KB, 720x1278px) Image search: [Google]
2433124.jpg
181KB, 720x1278px
Used to be skinny fat, fell for the dirty bulk meme and got too fat, now I shredded all the fat out and I'm looking pretty nice to normie standards

I'm lean and love it but I'm afraid of bulking now, I plan on being on a 300 surplus only(in opposite to whatever the fuck I was doing, prolly 2000+)

will my physique and abs disappear? fuck man im traumatized but I want to be bigger and I feel im not lean enough too to bulk

pic related
>>
How do I know I'm making progress?

I'm about a month and a week in and honestly I can't even see any minor differences, other than the fact my arms are bigger. My shoulders, chest, legs all look pretty much the same.

I know they say it takes about 6 months for other people to notice a difference but I'm starting to panic as I was told a month to two months for myself and so far I look the same.
>>
>>42079422
imma give you basic ingredients for a couple of pot stews i like to make

one is obv chili, you got that one its pretty great

second is a chicken (or beef/pork, chicken is quicker to make though) stew
>3+ chicken breasts cut up into cubes
>green beans or peas or both
>carrots
>potatoes, cut up into cubes
>any other vegetables (i put a frozen mix consisting of more carrots, cauliflower and broccoli)
>spice obv - add 2 teaspoons of vinegar to any spice combo you choose, it gives the stew some great taste
also, i like to put in 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream

chop chicken 2-3 hours before you plan to cook it: put some salt, pepper, cayenne, mustard, and olive oil over it, mix thoroughly, cover with a plastic wrap and keep in fridge for ~3 hours
put oil in a pot, throw in the chicken until it changes color to whiteish, add water
cook that shit on low/med in a lot of water (half covered pot) for as long as needed, stir every 5 minutes, add water if necessary (chicken should be falling apart when you press on it with a wooden spatula)

the other one is:
>a head of cabbage
>400-600g ground meat, any is good, but i prefer pork
>any additional veggies, same as above minus peas/green beans (i put carrots, onions, potatoes and broccoli in mine)
>spice

finely chop onion, put some oil in a pot, pop in onions until golden in color, add the ground meat, mix and kinda 'separate' the chunks until it goes from red/pinkish color to kinda greyish color
add water, chopped cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and then later add broccoli (you can add it right away but it falls apart and turns into mush if you cook it as long as the potatoes/carrots); cook until potatoes and carrots are soft as fuck
>>
>>42079513
Why don't you just add 0.33333 kg every month? You'll gain 4 kg per year, of that being maybe 1kg fat
Watch this
https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
>>42079524
When it comes to looks it seems to take forever then it happens all at once
But try to focus on numbers to measure progress (bodyweight, lifts,...)
>>
>>42079539
i forgot to say add the veggies after cooking chicken and adding water, lel
>>
>>42079513
You're fine dude. You can "bulk" no problem. But like you say, you can't go all-out dreamer bulk. Just monitor your calories, weight and bf% closely and adjust as you need to.

>>42079524
The n°1 way to tell progress in the first few months is by how much weight you're lifting. If you're not following a linear progression routine that has you lifting a little more weight every time, you're doing it wrong.
Yes, visible change will only be noticeable after a few more months.
>>
>>42079392
thanks anon, it looks pretty good
>>42079454
okay, thanks xx
>>
>>42079539
thanks mate
>>
Is there any cons to doing dumbbell bench instead of barbell bench?
>>
>>42079577
Can't use heavy weight because it'll get difficult to get into position
>>
>>42079594
not just position, separate hands = way more small stabilizing muscles in the shoulder are involved, meaning you can lift smaller tonnage and there's a greater chance of injury

but the pros are dbs work the chest more, and prevent any left/right side imbalances
>>
I'm stuck on the machines. I'm relatively new so I've been largely sticking to cable exercises with a bar and using the machines.

I wouldn't know where to start with deadlifts, plates, whatever all that means and I don't want to be that guy flailing around doing it wrong.

Any advice on where to start?
>>
File: 1498526103201.jpg (85KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1498526103201.jpg
85KB, 597x597px
How losing bodyfat% affects face ?
Anyone has good pics of face gains after losing bf% ?
>>
>>42079632
Read Starting Strength.
>>
>>42079632
yes, stronglifts
click 'get the program', read all that stuff, every exercise listed is a link to how it's properly done

if you're embarassed (you shouldnt be, nobody at the gym gives a fuck about anyone but themselves), take a broomstick and practice it in front of a mirror at home/film yourself and review your form

these lifts are a skill, just like riding a bike is a skill

good luck.

also, there's a stronglifts app on app store so you can download it and it tells you exactly how much weight to lift and when to go to gym, all that stuff
>>
are cable pull throughs a replacement for hip thrusts? the bar just hurts and i dont like to do them
>>
>>42079647
In general, losing bodyfat improves your face.
By how much depends.
Some people are chad under their facial fat.
Others are not so lucky and look just a little better.
If your facial structure is totally fucked (i.e. asymmetry, no chin, no jaw, crooked features), neither revealing it nor hiding it under layers of fat is going to change much.
>>
just started at gym, only working with machines because free weights seem risky but still pushing myself pretty hard
should i just move on to free weights now, dont want to drop the bar on myself like a retard or get laughed at for working with babby weights
>>
>>42079594
Also remembered that they tend to go up by 2.5 kg (per db) I usually db press because I don't have a spot, should I move to bb presd and just keep the weight at the point where I can do my sets without the chance of failure?
>>
>>42079674
It's never too late nor too early to start with the free weights.
Watch a few "how to" videos for the major lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift, OHP) and just start lifting.
>>
>>42079665
>the bar just hurts and i dont like to do them
means you should do it more but whatever

i wouldnt say its good enough of substitute, because you can overload your glutes way way more with hip thrusts
>>
>>42079678
watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0scbx8DuI
>>
>>42079702
but i read that the pull through isolates the glutes way more than hip thrusts according to https://www.t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-leg-glute-and-calf-exercises
>>
>>42079674
don't worry. people are already laughing at you because you carry yourself like someone who has a very small penis.
>>
>>42079715
o shit, that helped, thanks anon
>>
>>42079749
read the article again.
>>
Does fasting throughout most of the day and getting your calories towards the end improve overall muscle growth?
>>
>>42079780
suck my testicle again.
>>
>>42079780
I read it. look at glute bridges, hip thrusts and cable pull throughs. the emg for cable pull throughs for the glutes are lower, but with hip thrusts and glute bridges, the hams and quads are activated a lot, way more than the pull through, so it seems like doing cable pull throughs (a lot of them) makes sense as a glute isolation exercise
>>
>>42079824
>as a glute isolation exercise
yes, that's true

but you asked if hip thrusts and pull throughs are interchangeable

so if you want to isolate your ass, sure, do the pull throughs
>>
>>42079858
okay, cool, thanks.
im just confused why hip thrusts are holy grail for glutes when they're basically a whole leg exercise
>>
I've started doing dl and squats again, and i'm having a discomfort in my lower back. Is it due to poor form?
>>
File: 1494264054994.png (733KB, 1200x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1494264054994.png
733KB, 1200x1412px
>>42070450
So my girlfriend's ex died like one month ago. They were together three years and he cheated on her and she broke up. Now he's buried on another continent, but my gf won't stop thinking about him constantly. It bothers me since my gf gets really heated when I talk about or with my ex girlfriend. I gave her shit a few times and made her cry.

Am I the one at fault here? Wat do?
>>
>>42079905
It's doo doo poor form, yeah.
That's right, motherfucker. I motherfuckin' said fuckin' doo doo.
>>
is this a decent routine?

look at tabs below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcjmuknk3affmo9/
>>
>>42080390
no way dude, that looks terrible.
THIS is what poutine should look like.
>>
lower body

monday
squat 2x3
1 x amrap
deadlift 2x3
1 x amrap
lunges with smith machine 3x10
cable pull throughs 3x8
calf raises 4x6

wednesday
sumo deadlift 3x8
squat 3x8
rdl 3x10
cable pull through 3x12
hip abduction 4x12
calf raises 4x12

is this okay?
>>
Dick and Butt!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>42073609

Not in anywhere near the concentration.
>>
I want to start lifting.
Can I start SS while cutting as a first timer?
>>
>>42080644
are you a fatass? If so, yeah just do that.

If you're just skinnyfat, don't "cut" just yet, start lifting and reassess your situation in a few months. You will gain muscle and lose fat just from lifting as a novice, limiting your calories now will just limit your progress.
>>
>>42080644
Yes, but dont expect too much strenght/musclemass increase while you're on cut.
When you reach your target bodyfat%/weight try clean bulking for a while and see if you have any progress. If not - up calories a bit and observe progress.
>>
>>42080685
>>42080705
I'm not skinny.
I've lost like 12kg, mostly from a calorie deficit, I did finish the Couch to 5K a last week.
I still have a bit high body fat that I need to lose.
So I can do SS just adding weight will go slower? How much should I try to add per workout?
>>
>>42080799
So you've only done cardio so far?
I would say you keep eating like you're currently doing and do SS like its written for 2-3 months and then reassess your situation. Lifting weights and building muscle can have a large impact on your bodycomposition.
>>
>>42080799
Dont worry about weight just yet, your goal is to get rid of bodyfat.
SS is fine but from my experience while you're on a cut its better to lift weights juuuuust a bit above your comfort zone, but with a lot of volume (like 4x15) and a lot of rest time. IMO while SS shines when you're on first time bulk it would not be most effective in your situation. Look into PPL, try to intermix isolations and compounds have a decent amount of rest.
>>
>>42080864
I've been mostly been at a negative 300-500 for a long time, some months been faster loss and slower loss.

Yeah only heavier cardio in the last 2 months.

What about protien? should I count protien macros? the 1g/per lb or something like that
>>
>>42080886
*and have a decent amount of rest
>>
>>42080895
The thing with protein is, nobody really knows what's the best way.
Rippetoe says something along the lines of "start at 200g per day and go up from there"
But there's also some evidence that suggests that around 120-180g per day (depending on how big you are) is about as much as your body can use.

Whether or not you should count it depends on your diet. Track it for a week or two and if you hit your goals easily (maybe you eat a lot of meat, eggs and dairy), you can just go on. But if you struggle to get over 100g per day, you should keep tracking to make sure you get it all and can adjust if you need some more.
>>
>>42080886
>juuuuust a bit above your comfort zone
how about you take a nap in a bathtub with the water juuuuust a bit above your head
>>
Someone told me not to run on treadmills for extended periods of time because they damage your knees. Is this true?
>>
I have a problem: My protein intake is too low and I don't really how to get it up. I'm on a deficit (MFP says I can eat 1930 kcal a day in order to lose 1 pund of bodyfat) and going to gym 2-3 times with cardio (stat bike I have at home) 2-3 days a week. Sometimes I don't even reach the 145 grams MFP tells me to eat, far apart from the 200 I should have in order to reduce loss of muscle maß. I'm already eating my cottage cheese and skyr.

Should I go and use whey to raise my protein intake the easy way? Other recommendations?
>>
>>42081210
You'll probably have to shift your macros around a bit. Foods high in protein are often also high in fat, so lower your carbs and start eating more eggs and dairy.
And yes, whey.
>>
Which is better for aesthetics PPLULx or ULULUx

Inb4 do pplpplx dont have time to lift 6 days a week atm
>>
>>42081298
PPLULxx
though I'd do LPPLUxx to keep the leg days further apart.
>>
>>42081210
whey is life, do it!
>>
I asked in another thread but:

Bodyweight has: horizontal push AND vertical push on the same day. Why does Phrack Greyskull split horizontal push (bench press) and vertical push (overhead press)?

Is it wrong if I do it bodyweight style with bench and overhead press on the same day all the time?
>>
>>42081411
If you do a program, do it as it is written.

Why they're set up depends usually on the focus of the program.
For a powerlifting program, the focus is on Squat/Bench/Deadlift, so everything else is secondary. (i.e. OHP is an accessory to the bench)
For a general strength program, the OHP is usually treated like a primary lift, along with the big 3, so it's given the same priority.
For a bodybuilding/hypertrophy program, the lifts don't really matter, as long as they're training the particular muscle group (chest/shoulders/triceps in this case).
>>
So I'm OHPing 115(atm) pounds 1-2 times a week in AxBxA, BxAxB format.
Recently I started doing superset at the end of my workout with barbell where I do OHP, front squat, row, RDL back to back all with 95 pounds for 5x5.

Is it too much for my shoulders if I do that superset 3 times a week at the end of each workout and on same day as my main OHP?
>>
>Working at my university for the summer
>Girlfriend of 2+ years is in a different city never see her
>Tried lifting more to try and help with sexual frustration
>Now even more frustrated
>Want to fuck all the time but cant commit to nofap

What do /fit/? Is there some way to kill the urges while still being faithful?
>>
Myprotein whey - which can you recommend as not tasting overly synthetic
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (323KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
323KB, 1280x960px
Wtf is this shit on my back?

It's like a scratch mark but at a right angle. I get it after squatting, and it's on both of my traps. It's not from bar placement, you can see where I hold the bar on my back. At any rate, it doesn't even match the look of a bar anyways
>>
>>42081586
it's from your shirt, backpack, or ghosts
>>
>>42081584
I liked peanut butter chocolate when I first had it. But like pretty much all powders, you get sick of it after some time...
>>
What do call a bicep curl when you sit on a bench with legs spread and use your thigh/quad for support to do bicep curl with one arm?
>>
>>42081586
i used to get that when i did standing calf raises, my shoulders rubbed against the pad
>>
>>42081657
concentration curl
>>
206 lb fatty here. I can lift 10-20lb more after doing Starting Strength for about a month. That's good noob gains right?

But my real question: cardio killing gains is just a meme, right? At the moment I do Mon/Wed/Fri for weights and Tue/Thur/Sat for an hour of walk/run intervals on my treadmill. I really desire improving on my speed and endurance almost as much as I want to lose fat and build muscle. Do I have to eventually pick just cardio or lifting?
>>
>>42081827
it is a meme
do cardio for the heart benefits, eat more to compensate for the burned calories
>>
>>42081827
Cardio is good to train endurance, lose weight (calories burned) and it has varoius helath benefits. Just do it in moderation.
>>
Started 5x5 2 weeks ago and the weights seem a little too light, should i increase the weights more or will that "cause injury"?

>>42081827
do 20 min cardio after you finish your sets
>>
File: 1478304500629.jpg (162KB, 566x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478304500629.jpg
162KB, 566x720px
>>42070450
>parents see me browsing fit on my phone while visiting
>they think im gay now

what do
>>
Right now I eat basically whatever is available (sometimes chicken breast, sometimes ramen) simply making sure I fill my protein macros every single day without caring about carbs or fat.

What should I do to ensure bigger gains? Is there food which, while protein-rich, also hinders my muscle growth? Is there something fundamentally wrong with eating fast food, low-quality food etc if you fill your protein macros? I'm speaking about muscle gain only. I know you can fuck up your whole body by eating garbage.
>>
When should I start doing weighted pullups?

I do 3 (sometimes 4) sets of 5 bodyweight pullups with good form now.
>>
/fit/ told me that 3pl8 squat is a standard for bare minimum to be considered strong and you should hit 3pl8 within a year ye I cam across this vid of of Eddie and Arnold doing 3pl8 squats. So they barely qualify by /fit/ standards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6P2iGguD-g
>>
Hey guys just need some advice. I've been working out for about two months now, and recently I've been getting some really bad back pain. I know it's not cause of bad form or anything like that cause I've discussed it with both a trainer and my doctor and the general opinion is cause of a back injury when I was little my spine just really isn't cut out for taking the kind of strain it was. My doctor recommended trying some body weight exercises instead, so I was just wondering if anybody here might know of any decent routines to eat be started?
>>
gunna start working out in the morning before work
want some caffeine pills so I can get through it fast and not be slowed down by grogginess
what's a good dosage for someone who rarely ever intakes any caffeine and just wants something to kick start my mornings? only plan on taking it 3 times a week for workouts only.
>>
>>42082812
What is training for hypertrophy
>>
>>42070450
What's the point of doing 5 different kinds of curls on an arm day? Why not just do 1-2 types 2-3 times?
>>
im about to hit a month hitting the gym and yesterday i was feeling strange that im not getting sore anymore but i still feel like my basic routine is hard

So when you can actually tell when you need to do more reps or add weight to you routine?
>>
Is there a certain goal or benchmark that you guys are trying to be able to squat/curl/lift? Maybe some % of your bodyweight, for example? Or are you guys just raising the weights with no goal in mind but only to see how much you can do?
>>
I'm having trouble unracking the weight on my bench press even though I'm more than capable of benching it. I work out at a home gym so spotter is not really an option. How can I fix this? Incline bench/presses?
>>
>>42083827
Triceps extensions and forearm curls
>>
Why is my penis so tan when it's never seen the light of day?
>>
File: 1413611612542.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1413611612542.gif
1MB, 300x188px
What the fuck is 1st Phorm and why does it sound so much like a pyramid scheme?
>>
>>42084012
Your mother fucked a nigger
>>
recently bought an old metal spring expander like pic related.
beside just pulling them apart in front of you, are there other ways of training with these? the elastic ones i know you can use in multiple muscle training, but with a metal spring you can only really hold the handles.
>>
File: Chest-Expander-inSPORTline.jpg (72KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
Chest-Expander-inSPORTline.jpg
72KB, 600x369px
>>42084365
>>
File: 1499367967248.jpg (125KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
1499367967248.jpg
125KB, 500x577px
Is it possible to look something like this being natty?
>>
Should I do TM or 5/3/1 heard 5/3/1 is more fun and does not put as much focus on lower body, I want to build a better upper body, should I go for 5/3/1 then? Heard you get better progress with TM though
>>
File: 1480883284975.jpg (89KB, 534x767px) Image search: [Google]
1480883284975.jpg
89KB, 534x767px
>>42070450
Should I order my workout like this:
1. Barbell Bench
2. Incline Barbell Bench
3. Dumbell Flat Bench
4. Dumbell Incline Bench

Or like this:
1. Barbell Bench
2. Dumbell Flat Bench
3. Incline Barbell Bench
4. Dumbell Incline Bench
>>
Is deadlifting with a hex bar cheating? I just used one today instead of a barbell while deadlifting and it felt so much easier.
>>
>>42070450
I binge alot in the evening/late evening, is my body more likely to store it as fat even if I stay in a (slight) calorie deficit?

I would think so but a deficit's a deficit right?
>>
Been at a squat & bench plateau for almost 3+ years. Here's what I've done:

Diet:
- Have fluctuated from 207-230lbs - never got stronger eating more - just fatter
- Tried eating PWO? Yes (I train early AM) - I train better fasted

Program:
5x5's
DUP's (ran w/ powerlifting coach for 2+ years)
GZCL method
Current - Juggernaut method (find XRM and the 90% of XRM @ XReps)
- Accessories? - Tons of them - yes.

Misc:
- I'm at 210lbs squatting high bar the same weight I was squatting low bar at 230lbs. I guess you can call that 'gains', but I'm still stuck at the exact same weight. Bench - I never feel comfortable on bench, ever. Trying to learn leg drive now, but I'm still nowhere near breaking through.

What am I missing/have not tried?
>>
How should I eat my eggs:

Boiled
Fried
or Scrambled

Which benefits the most?
>>
>>42084616
bodyfat <5%
>>
>>42084799
Just drink it raw cmon are you a baby ?
>>
>>42084799
Make up some fisherman's eggs for them there extra protons.
>>
Is there anything I can do about protein farts? My roommate is a qt3.14 and I don't want to disgust her
>>
how bad is your lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt, /fit/

how do you fix it other than insane focus on your posture
>>
>>42084910
bump
>>
>>42084827
Yes. I did it once and the taste stayed for weeks.

>>42084853
Can you pick one of the ones I listed. I don't know how to make fisherman's eggs.
>>
I've started lifting recently and want to lose some weight but put on muscle at the same time. Can this be done by lifting and maintaining a caloric intake of 2500 or would I have to choose either bulking or cutting?
>>
Anyone here knows a YouTube channel or something else about exercises for correcting posture?

I have really bad posture sitting and standing, didn't find something in the catalogue either.
>>
>>42070450
What are the best ways to get meaty forearms? I do my fair dues of compound pushing and pulling but my forearms are still shit. I am not expecting a miracle I just want some basic fucking muscle in this vital area including by bony wrists.
>>
>>42071357
Because you'll be burning more calories and growing less muscle. If you're doing 30 reps, the first 15 reps are going to be EZPZ, so through those reps all you're doing is burning fat. Now, if you want that kind of bicep endurance for some reason, then go for it. But it is useful for most people. And if you're going for fat burn it's always much more efficiently done with diet and aerobic exercises than exhaustive weightlifting.

A reasonable follow up question is "so why don't we all do 1 rep sets?" Sometimes people do do them (usually just for PR's sake) but a 1 rep set failure amounts to nothing, and they can be very injurious because you might be trying to push your body to a length it shouldn't go.

This is far from a closed case, though. There's a lot of research that suggests 5 reps and 15 reps have very similar effects in terms of all the normal shit: hypertrophy, endurance, etc.

The answer to your original question is that if you're doing larger and larger sets, your actually ratio of time improving to time warming up your muscles will head toward 0. Increasing weight instead keeps that ratio constant.
>>
Can I increase my waist size? If so, how?

I think my hip:shoulder ratio is pretty normal, but my waist (area above my hips) is thin, which gives me a slight hourglass shape. Obviously I don't want that. How do I target my sides/outer back so I will have straighter lines down my sides? I'm also kind of skinny 175 6'2". Will it fill out naturally as I gain weight?
>>
>>42085110
wrist curls are pretty useless
hammer curls work athe forearms pretty good
>>
>>42085110
manual labor

hold really fuckin heavy things
>>
>>42085074
Athlean X is what i used for my shoulder problems. Should be good for you he has some stuff up on posture
>>
Been doing SL for 9 months. Did 3 months of bulk and then cutting. Fat loss and weight loss stagnated a bit so I decided to doing more exercices.

Routine A :
5x5 squats
5x5 deadlift
5x10 calf raise
3x12 dumbell lunge
5x5 leg curl

Routine B :
5x5 benchpress
5x5 incline benchpress
5x5 barbell row
5x5 pull lat
5x5 overhead press
5x5 crunches with weight

Each week ill do ABxABxx

Does it need improvements ?
>>
How can I train the upper part of my chest without an incline bench (= at home, alone)? WIll some sophisticated pushups do the trick?
>>
is it true that 5x5 deadlifts is too much?

im on a beginner routine that i read wrong and ive been doing 5x5 deadlifts whilst on a mad caloric deficit but im still making good noobie gainz.

but a friendo of mines says i could get injured at this rate, is he joking or?
>>
Are adipowers/romaleos the be all end all of weightlifting shoes or can I get by with a pair of cheaper WL shoes?
>>
>>42085378
As long as your form is good you wont get injured
>>
Is posting a progress pic on facebook/instagram acceptable? I'm talking significant weight loss here (+25kg) not a few kilos.
>>
>>42085431

depends on your friends desu

personally I wouldn't do it. Maybe a casual photo or a new profile pic without obviously showing off. That's much better in every way in my opinion
>>
Best way to calculate body fat? I used an online calculator but it told me 9% and that can't be correct.
>>
>>42084744
What weight are you squatting? If you've worked with an actual powerlifting coach then you're not going to learn anything new from /fit/.
>>
So I got a friend who is basically quarter repping on every single lift possible. The problem is, he gets easily offended when I tell him he is not going deep enough. Should I let him go to snap city eventually or should I try to stop him from going there? Sometimes he even brags about how good his form is despite not having looked up a single video or looking at a book about form.
>>
If I'm doing a PPL routine, going 3-4 times a week, when is the best time to do some neck curls?
>>
>>42085670
Give that retard a reality check. Bros don't let bros go to snap city
>>
>>42070450
So I'm going to the states soon (from UK) and I'm thinking about picking up some ephedrine seeing as its illegal here. Can I get it over the counter or do I need some form of ID at like Wallgreens or something like that?
>>
File: download.png (124KB, 400x461px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
124KB, 400x461px
Do you people train your shin muscles? I never paid much attention to mine but when I flex them as hard as I can they feel pretty hard and strong. How could I benefit from doing shin exercises?
>>
>>42084680
Yes it's cheating. Part of what makes DL tough is that the weight pulling you forward, not just down. Using the hex bar means you're doing more of a half-squat than an actual DL. I'm not sure if it's without any merit, but I wouldn't call it a DL substitute.
>>
File: lvysaur_intermediate.png (34KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
lvysaur_intermediate.png
34KB, 606x600px
Switching from Greyskull LP to lvysaur's intermediate program soon lads, and it looks like my time per session is going to increase a lot from about an hour to maybe an hour and a half. I assume this is totally normal, but I just wanted to confirm that the advice to keep gym seshes between 45min-1hour applies only to beginner routines.
Pic related is the new routine if anyone is curious.
>>
File: IMG_0663.png (621KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0663.png
621KB, 750x1334px
I got into running and then I just started doing only cardio. If I were to do 80 mins of cardio a day what kind of body can I expect to have? Pic related
>>
>>42086563
ffuck yes i do, chuck a DB between your feet while they are elevated and raise your toes 4x12
>>
>>42084655
HEY YOU SHITS ANSWER ME
>>
>>42087261
>>42084655
The second one is what most people go for, but it barely matters
>>
File: 1465473897927.png (376KB, 680x634px) Image search: [Google]
1465473897927.png
376KB, 680x634px
Is it a good idea to go to gym during my fast? I heard conflicting views on it. I do intermittent fasting 16:8. Im just afraid I will be light headed at the gym. I do different body parts everyday along with abs everyday and cardio everyday.
>>
I've just finished putting together a somewhat intermediate routine, what do you guys think?

On rotation with 1 day’s rest in between each day

1: Mainly Upper Body
Bench Press
Chest Press
Skullcrushers
Flys
Hammer / Bicep - 2 Sets Each
Tricep Pushdowns
Kick Backs

2: Shoulder and Other Arms.
OHP
Arnold Press
Side Raises for Delts
Front Raises
Shrugs

3: Back + Other
Deadlift
Barbell Rows
Machine Rows
Dumbell Rows
Lat Pulldowns

4: Legs
Squats
Leg Press
Calf Raises
Leg Extensions
Shrugs

All days finish routine with:
3 Sets 20 Reps of Captains Chair
40 Crunches
50 Russian Twists
25 Sit Ups
3 Sets of 2 Minute Bridges
>>
5x5, pyramid, or reverse pyramid? I have one massive rep day on friday, but not sure about the rest of the week.
>>
In a "goal body" thread i posted Pitt from fight club. Someone said "fucking kys anoka", wtf does this mean and does it imply Pitt doesn't look lean in that movie? What is wrong with that?
>>
I was at the gym and I figured I'd try squatting without shorts. It really sucked, like without the feeling of fabric on my ass or an elastic waist and it felt like being without supports. I couldn't lift as much as I could with shorts on.
Seriously, what's the reason for this?
>>
File: 1498016875790.png (22KB, 611x560px) Image search: [Google]
1498016875790.png
22KB, 611x560px
What is good progress for 6 months?

I started out pretty skinny. I gained 10 pounds, but I'm not noticeably larger
>>
File: pre.jpg (93KB, 600x641px) Image search: [Google]
pre.jpg
93KB, 600x641px
>>42087206
you would get a runner's body
>>
>>42088535
that pic is commonly cited as "wow so fit" by normies as compared to most any person that considers themselves fit, Pitt is ottermode or "lean with a little muscle".

If that's your goal bod, cool, whatever, but it's pretty low on the totem pole of ambition.
>>
>>42088575
Good progress for 6 months would be about 20-24 lbs. You aren't eating right.
>>
>>42088610
So eat more then, I'm guessing?
>>
>>42088615
surely you're counting calories, aren't you? If not you've been doing it wrong.

You want to eat 250-500 more than your TDEE, or at-least enough to be making weekly gains of 0.7-1 lb per week. If you eat, say, 2400 calories a day and see no change, add 150 to it and compare again in two weeks. Repeat and tweak until you are gaining at your desired rate.
>>
>>42088598
Currently 279 pound (from 310) fat boy so my ambition is scarce lol. If i looked like Pitt I'd be more than happy. You can get bigger, but I'm more interested in being healthy. A bit of muscle is a plus. I think im a different frame than Pitt though so it would be tough to achieve that lean, bruce lee type of muscle.
>>
>>42070450
on a high fat diet with littele or no carbs, excess protein is converted to glycogen.
it won't 'turn to fat' but it can kick you out of ketosis ie.ibody-feeding-on-fat-mode.
use myfitnesspal 70%fat 25%proton 5%carbs and you're good
>>
Which is a better snack?

Cottage cheese or peanut butter?
>>
>>42088598
>low on the totem-pole of ambition
And yet, pretty damn high on the totem-pole of success
>>
I'm just going to list a bunch of exercises I like to do. Please tell me if any important part of my body isn't getting trained.

Squat
Deadlift
Romanian deadlift
Dumbbell lunge
Seated cable row
Pull-up
Bench press
Db fly
Ohp
Db curl
Reverse grip bb curl (the forearm thing)
Tricep cable extension
Close grip bench press
Incline weighted situp

I know I need more ab/side stuff (recs appreciated), and I don't like lifting weights for calves.
>>
>>42075069
I would probably focus on maintaining caloric intake and instead just start cleaning your diet up. You'll want to prioritize building muscle in the beginning, otherwise if you cut you're gonna look like a skeleton. As far as learning form goes, I like Alan Thrall even if he is kind of reddit ish. Otherwise just youtube it in general and if all else fails, ask IRL.
>>
>>42070450
are refeed weeks legitimate?
>>
>>42075853
Don't forget lat raises too. Helps set up that aesthetic shoulder to waist ratio.
>>
>>42089029
weeks? No.

Days? Sure. But only if you do well. I give myself a refeed once every two weeks but only if I stick strictly to my diet.
>>
Can someone suggest me a good core workout since I have a very weak core muscles?
>>
>>42071544
Dirty bulking is for fat retards, put something actually useful in your body instead - go buy a mass gainer or something if you really struggle to eat enough calories
>>
>>42074088
Find a local running track and do sprints

Or a hill and do hill sprints

Keep switching your exercises around and up the tempo when you start finding it easier
>>
>>42078997
Most people in your gym probably respect you for at least trying, what /fit/ people hate are the self deluded fatties who claim that they don't need to exercise or eat well because they're already 'perfectly healthy'
>>
>>42081181
No they're better for your knees than running on the road, some people run in a different way on treadmills though as they have more of a spring which fucks their knees up

Just make sure you don't heel strike too hard, your foot should be almost flat or slightly towards the ball of your foot and underneath you as it lands
>>
Can someone explain the difference between calories and Calories? As far as I understand, one Calorie is equivalent to one kcal.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.