[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1RM Survey + Math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5031.jpg (141KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5031.jpg
141KB, 1152x864px
I'm sure you've wondered about how much you should be benching in relation to what you're squatting. This survey is to get an idea of how strength is distributed throughout the body.

1: Going off of pic related we see that weight is increased by 90lbs for each exercise. Is this a good basis of how strength should be measured? If so it means that your DL/9=a and ax3=OHP, ax5=bench and ax7=squat. It could also mean that 4plate/3plate=b, 4plate/2plate=c, 4plate/1plate=d, then using b, c, d to figure out your lifts, meaning the basis of your strength is dictated by one exercise (DL in this example).

2: Based on your 'OHP, bench, squat, DL' equation, how should barbell rows, dips and chin-ups be measured?

3: Age (penis/vagina optional)
Your 1RM
4: OHP
5: bench
6: squat
7: DL
8: rows
9: dips (consecutive until failure)
10: chin-ups (consecutive until failure)

>this was created from curiosity and a painful fact that my body strength is retarded all over with a few average lifts, followed by some significantly weak points (legs and neck).
>>
>>42068240

The OHP stands out to me. It should be higher unless your delts are weak as shit.
>>
>>42068240
1. Dunno
2. Dunno
3. Male
4. 50kg (less than 2 plate)
5. 100kg (2 plate)
6. 120kg (2.5 plate?)
7. 140kg (3 plate)
8. I never do them
9. 24
10. 19

Personally I think the 1 plate intervals in your pic related are arbitrary and not all that useful. Just don't be weirdly imbalanced.
>>
1: Yes

2: Dunno

3: 19m
Your 1RM
4: OHP - 145
5: bench - 215
6: squat - 405
7: DL - 405
8: rows - 165x5
9: dips - dont do dips
10: chin-ups - 6
>>
2 plate bench is hardest to achieve
>>
>>42068471
WTF? 215 bench and a 4 plate squat?
>>
Just going to give you the details i know (not my 1RM but my 3x5).

lifting for about 3 weeks, but i was casually doing pull ups for years.

3. 21 penis 73 kg 186 cm
4. 25kg
6.35kg
7. 40 kg (probably more, i'm still increasing every time easily)
9. ~20
I know my stats are fucked but like i said, i wasn't training my lower body at all but i was doing pull ups and push ups.
>>
>>42068471
>chin-ups-6
So are you like 250 pounds or something?
>>
>>42068240
1/2/3/4 is not balanced, it's just a quick and easy way to set goals or gauge relative strength.
1pl8 OHP is easier than 2pl8 bench is easier than 3pl8 squat is easier than 4pl8 diddy.
(generally speaking, the way you train and your genetics and your starting point all affect this)

There is no handy way to measure relative strength. You'll have to use more or less complicated formulas like you can find on symmetricstrength or strengthstandards.

Bodweight ratios are another quick and easy way, but they're flawed as well, they generally favor smaller guys.

as for rows, chins and dips:
some say you should row as much as you bench. Most people don't, mostly because they don't train their row that much.
bodyweight chins and dips aren't useful to measure relative strength to other lifts, with added weight they could be used (but again, only with a formula, not in a handy "chins with 1pl8" way)
Bodyweight exercises might seem like a good way to compare lifters of different weights, but there's still some problems. Big Legs at a lot of bodyweight, but they don't help at all in a chin or dip. If you have skinny legs and a massive upper body, you will be able to do more/heavier chins than someone who's the same weight but has a balanced upper/lower body.

"ideal" ratios for one individual across the main lifts are very difficult to determine.
Like I said, most people don't train rows like they train bench, so there's no way to tell what a good row/bench ratio would look like (except arbitrarily like bench=row).
And even for the Big 3, most people will have done a lot of pushups before they start lifting, but probably not a lot of squat- or deadlift-like motions.
And finally, the lengths of your limbs play a role as well. A short-legged guy can usually squat more than a long-legged guy. Long arms are good for deadlifting, but bad for bench. And so forth.
>>
>>42068240
1: agreed
2: barbell rows 7/8 of bench. Dips and chins should be some coefficient of bodyweight.

3:
22/m/6'1/105kg
110kg OHP
180kg bench
220kg+ squat
270kg deadlift
140kg row
+40kg dips 15 reps
+10kg chin ups 10 reps
>>
It's a pretty shit way of measuring strength. Bench should be the go-to dictator

>implying anyone gives a fuck how much you can dip or row

1/2/2/3
Pendlay 185x5
Dip 45+BWx6
Chinups BW+25x5
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.