[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I want to get stronger in the fastest way possible should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1496931547245.jpg (62KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1496931547245.jpg
62KB, 320x371px
If I want to get stronger in the fastest way possible should I bench every single day
>>
>>42064251
what?
>>
>>42064251
No you shouldn't you fucking idiot
>>
5 day a week bench is feasible and more common than you think. You don't do a 5x5 every day but you undulate intensity and volume and have active recovery days to account for the frequency
>>
That being said I don't have any bench spreadsheets to share with you but I could provide a Dropbox that might have that in there
>>
>>42064286
this is 100% true. who needs to use their shoulders when they are 40 anyways
>>
>>42064286
>>42064280

Well currently I'm doing 5x5 3 days a week and I feel like it's not enough but don't want to go overboard obviously
>>
>>42064251
>bench every day
no
squat + pull up/ chin up every day
still would recommend doing full workouts though
>>
Bench isn't even a good exercise for making strength gains. Almost everyone, trained or not, is out of proportion and has too much development of the anterior delts and pecs.

If you want to get stronger at the fastest speed, unironically do SS or a powerlifting or olympic lifting program or do SL5x5 or Madcow.

If you want to choose just one exercise to make you stronger, choose deadlift.
>>
>>42064297
You're right for the wrong reason- bench is pretty destructive, but that's because of the exercise not the frequency.

>>42064307
If you're novice or intermediate I don't recommend going nuts just yet. Your strength gains below advanced are going to be more from better muscular innervation and better execution of the lift and less from actual hypertrophy because you're basically not going to have enough weight on the bar to cause an appreciable amount of microtrauma to the muscle
>>
>>42064341
if its destructive wouldnt greater frequency mean more destruction
>>
>>42064348
Just stop
>>
>>42064386
>>42064348
>>42064341
I'm sure you would be fine if you have corrective assistance exercises.

But yeah, high frequency training is not destructive in any way if you're smart about it, in fact it's pretty much the best way to train.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.