[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you fix a severe muscle imbalance? My left triceps are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: ti.jpg (74KB, 1109x614px) Image search: [Google]
ti.jpg
74KB, 1109x614px
How do you fix a severe muscle imbalance? My left triceps are significantly weaker than my right ones and it's pissing me off.

My current dumbbell triceps extension stats with a 15lb dumbbell are 7 reps max with my left arm and 29 reps with my right.

What the fuck?
>>
>>42062950
I would also like to add that my left arm is the dominant one, but I had a nerve impinged in my shoulder from bursitis about 2 years ago.
>>
train the weaker muscle more
>>
>>42063003
know of any good articles that talk about this. i'm pretty sure my left lat is just as fucked but i haven't done any dumbbell work on it to know for sure.
>>
>>42063015
You should see a physical therapist to get it looked at, and have a custom rehab regime worked out

But I'm sure you can also find typical triceps rehab regimes online
>>
File: 1493928852290.jpg (19KB, 401x373px) Image search: [Google]
1493928852290.jpg
19KB, 401x373px
>>42063088
anything i can do while still doing a pplpplx routine?

would just doing an extra 3 sets on the push days help?
>>
File: 1494292052361.jpg (146KB, 952x944px) Image search: [Google]
1494292052361.jpg
146KB, 952x944px
Anyone fix this shit??

No one have experience??
>>
How come you are doing such high reps anyway? For accessory work you should be aiming for 8-15 reps. Also do unilateral work to fix it.
>>
File: R14kkDj.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
R14kkDj.png
13KB, 657x527px
fap wth lft arm stead 'f right
>>
>>42063478
i was testing to see how much my strength is off.

i do 12 reps on tricep iso
>>
pause pressing
>>
let the weak muscle dictate what your strong muscle does

e.g.
do single tricep extensions 4x8 at 80% 1RM for your weaker arm, then repeat with the stronger arm.

dont train your other arm more than that until the weaker one catches up and you're lifting the same amount in each one
>>
File: 1496512410818.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496512410818.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
>>42062950
>>42063259
see >>42063970

I have experience fixing this in myself. First arms, then legs, then chest which was the hardest. The reasons for the imbalances were (1) difference in rang of motion in one side vs the other and (2) having bad form as a result of shit ROM as well as from not knowing how to lift properly. My right pec was smaller than the other because my right shoulder was sticky and couldn't retract/depress the scapula properly for bench press. Now that I've fixed that through stretchan/mobility/foam rollan, I can put both shoulder joints in the right position to perform the press properly on both sides.

My suggestions are:
-fix your ROM, a good physiotherapist will help with this as >>42063088 suggests
-study and practice the right form for the movements that will build the muscles to fix the imbalance
-develop better mind muscle connection/proprioception so you can become aware of the finer details of your movement/muscle imbalance. meditation helps with this, so does creatine which has nootropic effects.

good luck, anon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.