[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I eat about 100g of protein as a vegan without eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: pepe.png (179KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
179KB, 600x511px
How do I eat about 100g of protein as a vegan without eating really bad tasting food such as lentils? I rly need help guys show me some recipes or anything to make protein heavy foods tasty I beg of you
>>
peanut butter
>>
>>42062546

eat meat
>>
Buy pea protein powder
>>
>>42062546
You pretty much have 2 option as a vegan for high protein sources: legumes (beans,soy,lentils),nut
>>
File: evidence.png (5KB, 276x270px) Image search: [Google]
evidence.png
5KB, 276x270px
>>42062546
>bad tasting food such as lentils
>>
Nutritional Yeast

Textured Vegetable Protein

Don't let the names of these two things scare you off. They're not what they sound like.
>>
>>42062562
gains butter is one of my favorite recipes.

mix nuts, seeds, honey, and spices (nutmeg and black pepper work well) into peanut butter, then add granola and dark chocolate.

OP, don't worry about anything except getting comprehensive animo acids. your body can synthesize everything it needs, and you make microbioeme gains in the process
>>
>>42062594
I did and I have never in my life tasted something that bad tasting. I actually threw up after about 20 minutes of drinking it. I'm not necessary a picky eater since I like and eat a lot of veggies and fruits but goddamn for some reason all high protein foods are so bad tasting for me.

>>42062611
I wish i had the taste buds you got

>>42062634
Gonna look into it, thanks
>>42062653
Problem with this is that I can't really eat a lot more then 100 grams of those types of foods without overeating a lot... Gonna try to eat a lot more peanutbutter tho...
>>
>>42062690
>more then 100 grams
don't worry about it, just eat as much fat/protein as your body craves, don't stuff yourself. I started craving it after working out because it's gains fuel. it's not like you're ever going to get fat if eat healthy, work out, and burn 2500-3000 calories or whatever
>>
>>42062690
>Gonna look into it, thanks
You won't be able to tell you're eating vegan. It's good eats.
>>
>doesn't like lentils

Kys fgt.
>>
>>42062825
nutritional yeast is god-tier microbe supplement. for much the same reason as cheese and yoghurt, but vegans gonna veeg. also try vegan agar jelly, the agar comes as a bar or powder and is a protein-rich, water-gelatinizing seaweed extract
>>
>>42062546
Learn to cook lentils or do what I do and buy the progresso canned lentils, they're pretty good. They obviously have preservative, but It'll give you a good idea or the ingredients to use and each can has 18g of protein
>>
>>42062546

Stop being a bitchass vegan
>>
What the fuck are lentils? Eat some beans. Black or pinto or kidney beans. Surely you enjoy pinto beans the stuff that makes up refried beans.
>>
File: R2D2 costume.jpg (95KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
R2D2 costume.jpg
95KB, 500x566px
/fit/ consists of DYEL 20 year olds, not really the best place to ask for nutritional advice of any sort.

Anyway, look into buying a plantbased protein powder. Your options are: Pea protein, soy protein, rice protein, vegan blend, hemp protein just off the top of my head.

Google search "Vegan protein sources" or even simply "lentil recipe" the latter gives you plenty of recipes right off the bat.
It's a lot easier to search up nutritional information on your own rather than ask a bunch of clueless wannabe gymrats. /Fit/ only knows so much about nutrition, we mostly discuss lifting and emotional trauma on here. Keep up the vegan lifestyle though, it's much better for your body and mind.
>>
>>42063304
I've done that a lot and bought pea protein which was absolutely uneatable for me and then when i search pretty much anything containing vegan all these stupid mom blogs just come up :\ but yea i'm gonna try a recipe i found...
>>
>>42062546
Learn to make decent lentils. Look up indian recipies. I'm not some vegan weirdo and I fucking love curried lentils.
>>
Look into tempeh and seitan.

Seitan has 75g protein per 100g. It is relatively low in lysine so you'll want to make that up elsewhere in your diet.
>>
File: homer.jpg (65KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
65KB, 530x600px
>>42062690

>threw up after eating protein powder
>vegans
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.