[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inguinal Hernia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Anyone had one of these? I felt a bulge in my groin and went to the medcheck. Doc told me I have a 50/50 chance of it being a hernia or swollen lymph nodes. Wtf /fit/, why me? Recovery time is 6-8 weeks post surgery without lifting...

They said I wont be called in until late next week for a CT scan, should I go ahead and lift until then? Seems pretty pointless if im going to be out for 2 fucking months
>>
youll be fine brah.
>>
>>42060600

Just think of it as a vacation where you can't move, have fun, or eat solid food.
>>
>>42060600

No, don't lift. If it is a hernia, you could make it worse. What you should do, is read on how to lift properly so it doesn't happen.
>>
File: 1490070499270.jpg (27KB, 667x659px) Image search: [Google]
1490070499270.jpg
27KB, 667x659px
>>42060645
6-8 weeks desu
>>
Yeah, just trace your ballsack tube all the way up and if you feel a bump before you reach the muscle, you have one and lay down and push it back in.
>6-8 weeks
I was barely able to walk right by week 6-8, let alone do a body squat, let alone do a real squat, so good luck.
>>
>>42060695

well I cant push it back into my abdominal wall it just feels like a hard lump. I read that usually with hernia's you can push them back into place. Also, when the doc put his fingers in my balls he made me cough and all that jazz and said he usually feels it slip when the patient coughs, but that he couldn't feel mine do it so im hoping thats atleast a good sign? He still said its a 50/50 chance

>>42060678
whats the point if im going to have to have the surgery anyways?

>>42060669
stop ;_;
>>
>>42060737
Yeah usually you can slide them back in, but the other 50% is that it's a hernia and food is stuck and can't pass through it, meaning you'll wake up nauseous and sweaty and be in the emergency room within the next few days. Either way you shouldn't lift until he's sure.
>>
>>42060737
>well I cant push it back into my abdominal wall it just feels like a hard lump

i have one now. smaller, above the pubic bone to the right side...
a little bulge about the size of a walnut, and i just gently press it back in... not a loop of intestine so no pain just uncomfortable

dr #1 said 'no worries, it'll get better' in 6 weeks
dr#2 said surgery is needed
i am going with #2

in and out in a day, 4-5 weeks of being careful
>>
Has the doctor told you if its a direct or indirect inguinal hernia?

Either way don't lift with a hernia until a few weeks post surgery.

Lifting with a hernia is akin to squeezing a toothpaste with a closed cap and a small needle hole.
>>
OP here - bumping for more questions

Lets say it is a hernia, and I am out for 6-8 weeks how should I approach a diet? Im probably at about 15% bf right now so if I were to have the surgery should I just cut and sacrifice some muscle mass to be able to be lean when I can start lifting again? I imagine doing that would be much better since I can lean bulk from there and hope muscle memory plays a part in getting bigger
>>
I had one. Most likely its genetic or u lifted something heavy when u were younger. Got surgery, recovery sucked balls the first 2 weeks and then everything got back to normal
>>
>>42063009
Eat a lot of veggies and fibre and avoid spicy or acidic foods for awhile that could cause bloating.

When I had my surgery 5+ years ago I didn't wait 6-8 weeks. My doctor told me 3 months until light lifting and 6 months until I can be back to normal. I started light bodybuilding shit within a week or two containing a lot of abdominal work. I progressively started introducing my old routine.

Don't feel bad OP, most inguinal hernias are genetics from when you were younger and nearly 10% of men will get them in their lifetime though most of those will be so minor that they will heal on their own without the person knowing. Get it taken care of ASAP. I was with a girl when I was 18 and gotten one, we were going through a rough patch so she would make me feel bad about it. Basically she would make fun of me saying I was deformed, had imperfections, etc. so I wouldn't leave her. I waited two years to get it fixed because of me feeling judge. Don't fall victim to embarrassment like that. Everyone has problems. Just get it taken care of.
>>
>>42063102
when you say back to normal like lifting heavy again? Ive seen some people say they were back to normal routine 4 weeks post op and some have said up to 12 weeks
>>
>>42063236
damn dude what a bitch, im not really embarrassed about it just more pissed off because ive been busting my ass in the gym cutting for 8 weeks now and now im potentially out for several months. What the fuck fuck this
>>
>>42063371
Just stick to calisthenics, joint work, and smaller muscles you rarely hit often to help prevent any other further injuries. That's what I'd do if i could do it all over again. You'll be good after a few months and probably never have to deal with it ever again. I've never had any pains or problems since the surgery.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.