[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think body building culture is toxic, unhealthy and unrealistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: zyzz.jpg (229KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz.jpg
229KB, 800x450px
I'm sure most of you are aware of the booming industry that body building has become in the past 7-8 years or so. The internet has only made things a lot worse. People seem to be very obsessive about their image. Not solely due to social media, but just in general. Especially teenage boys.
I remember myself when I went through a phase of hitting the gym obsessively, counting calories, trying to hit goals, getting as big as possible, going through bro science phases, and debunking it all too.
I wanted to be a body builder, I wanted to compete. I even considered heavily going on steroids. All to look like a beast. In and out of the gym. I watched and subscribed to YouTube fitness channels. I joined online communities. I researched a lot about fitness and nutrition in general. Now this wasn't just "me" and I don't at all consider myself a rare exception. I know there are many, many others out there like myself. Maybe some of the things I did were a little unique to myself, but I still stand by what I said. There are plenty out there like myself.
People all over the internet in fitness communities of all kinds are so obsessive about the smallest things. Whether it be here on /r/fitness, /fit/ on 4chan, bodybuilding.com, or somewhere else.
Taking absolutely excessive amounts of protein. More than the average natural person needs. I'm talking 150-300g per day. No natural average lifter needs those amounts. Even very tall men would be fine on around 150g at the maximum. There are many studies out there which talk about the levels of protein that are needed to maintain and or grow muscle. And it's only needed for your lean body mass. Which I think many fail to remember.
Most of the people I've met or spoken to on the internet aren't even competing. Nor are they serious enough about their hobby to warrant spending the copious amounts of money they do on protein supplements or food.
>>
Not your blog

also didn't read
>>
File: 1498727989377.png (98KB, 575x548px) Image search: [Google]
1498727989377.png
98KB, 575x548px
>>42058014
ok
>>
I stopped reading when you said people are obsessing about their image.

Are you telling me that working hard to look good is a bad thing?

Are you a fat fucking body positive piece of shit?
>>
>>42058014
>protein supplements or food.
stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1497524598689.jpg (77KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497524598689.jpg
77KB, 640x640px
>>42058014
nice blog post cunt
>>
>>42058014
kys
>>
>>42058014
Made it 7 words deep
>>
For fuck's sake guys, this guy just completely said what you always complain about Seid.
>>
>>42058023
this
>>
>>42058014
>zyzz.jpg
>rich piano
>blogpost
>ranting about bodybuilding on a FIT FORUM
everything about this post was fucking trash.
>>
>>42058014
And your point is?
>>
>Nor are they serious enough about their hobby to warrant spending the copious amounts of money they do on protein supplements or food.

Who are you to decide? It's most likely disposable income, who are you to judge what is acceptable to spend it on? Why am I replying as if OP wrote this when it's clearly copied from a retarded post on reddit?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 780x433px
>>42058014
>>
tl;dr: "I don't like to excercise and I'm mortified by all types of competition."
>>
>>42058014

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN
>>
File: 1499203705009.png (285KB, 501x455px) Image search: [Google]
1499203705009.png
285KB, 501x455px
This is now a fph thread
>>
he looks like a fucking tool
>>
>>42058014
FATTIES LEAVE.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.