[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sunflower seeds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: SunflowerSeeds-Nutrition.jpg (92KB, 735x1366px) Image search: [Google]
SunflowerSeeds-Nutrition.jpg
92KB, 735x1366px
>cheap as fuck
>tasty snack
>extremly healthy and nutritious

Why aint you consuming sunflower seeds?
>>
>>42049356
Too much omega6, an imbalance in omega 3 to omega 6 ratio (at worst @ 1 to 4) leads to chronic inflamation which basically leads to whatever the fuck you want from stroke, to diabetes to cancer to hearth issues etc
>>
>>42049356
Because I dont want to be into slav mode genetics?
>>
There is so much magnesium in sunflower seeds that they always give me diarrhea.
>>
>>42049369
but you can also simply add flax seeds and you are good? Almonds have a worse ratio but pretty much everyone is telling you that they are healthy
>>
>>42049402
how much do you eat? I consume around 50g of sunflower seeds and I'm good.
>>
>>42049419
You are right. I misread OP. I do consume sunflower seeds myself and also ground flaxseeds and take an algae omega 3 supplement. I thought OP asked why aren't you consuming MORE sunflower seeds. Pumpkin seeds are quite healthy as well, even more so than sunflower.
>>
>>42049444
But they are Not cheap where i live :(
>>
>>42049419
Also going by the ratio is retarded. Go by total amount of omega 6. Something that has 60 mg of omega and 0.1 of omega 3 will have huge ratio imbalance and will seem unhealthier than something that has for example 2000mg omega 6 and 2 mg omega 6 for example.
>>
>>42049469
>2000mg omega 6 and 2 mg omega 3 for example.
fix'd
>>
>>42049425
>50g

That's like a thimble. Does your mom stop you from eating more, or something?
>>
File: 1499309268547.jpg (193KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1499309268547.jpg
193KB, 1080x1349px
>not eating pumpkin seeds
>making it

pick one
>>
>>42049444
costco near me sells a salad topper mix of sunflower, pumpkin, and cranberries for like $6-7 / 2lb. i love that shit
>>
seeds are goat.
chia seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame.. along with nuts and berries they are great as fuck
>>
>>42049356
I regularly buy Pumpkin, Sunflower, Sesamie, Peanuts, Almonds, etc. etc.

I put 50g in my morning oats before I pop it in the microwave with whole milk.

I grind up 100g of a given seed and have that in my end of day shake.

Try not just sticking to one, lads.
>>
>>42049584
chia are a bit expensive for what they are but yeah I forgot about sesame, great for calcium especially if you follow a plant based diet since it's hard to get in the proper amount
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.