[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started taking isotretinoin.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Tips and advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>42045963
Stay hydrated. Obtain chapstick and avoid cheilitis. Don't get pregnant.
>>
If you start getting large deep cysts, immediately go to your doctor for antibiotics. Do not exceed your dosage. Fap with coconut oil
>>
>>Fap with coconut oil
Why?
>>
>>42045963
Prepare for extreme dryness and lots of blood work. My lips were killing me about two weeks in, but you get used to it
>>
>>42046157

He's probably a cutfag
>>
>>42046171
Also, I didnt see big change in my acne until after the treatment. I thought it was toothless but one day I just noticed how it seemed like no new dimples appeared. So even if you dont notice any results right away, just stick with it
>>
>>42045963

Moisturize like a motherfucker
Expect your skin to get a bit worse before it gets better
I got blood noses from it and shit
Really look after your lips, too
>>
People have covered the basic stuff like the lips. staying hydrated, and the annoying bloodwork. Listen to this anon >>42046043 antibiotics can help with the initial breakout. Basically Accutane is like sweet poison. It causes the acne to flare up worse than you could ever imagine as you go on it and then it will taper off and clear up. Antibiotics help the initial breakout to prevent scarring. Check with your dermatologist, and express concerns about cysts and scarring. You can do an antibiotic with a low amount dose until your first bloodwork comes in and then kick up the Isot to normal levels. But always listen to your doctor first over armchair physicians. We are just talking points you can bring to the office with you.
>>42046205
Also this anon is correct too, you may want to get into the skincare threads on /fa/ or something and start learning what to buy that is cheap and actually works (no fragrance, and doesnt make your skin worse) because if you dont moisturize enough your skin will feel like its on fire when you sweat. Not mentioned, but worth noting is that this doesn't solve it forever. It gives you a clear slate to work with if you finish the dosage. You still need to take care of your skin and prevent it from getting back to where it was before. Means a cleanser and Saylic acid with a spot BP cream and shaving regularly if you have much facial hair.
>>
>>42045963
howd you get it?
>>
As everyone else says, get vaseline for lips. 100% vaseline, not bullshit diluted chapstick. Put some on every few hours.

Get cetraben cream if ukfag or the equivalent in your country. Apply once a day to get rid of dead skin.

Suncream unless you're dark skined

Don't get too caught up with the endless list of side effects, they're bullshit, it just causes sensitive skin. Any other side effect is probably due to something else.
>>
I think the other anons have covered the dryness adequately so far. Prepare for some muscle aches and minor joint pain as well.

Also try to keep alcohol consumption to an absolute minimum. Your liver is constantly busy as it is processing the drug, so any alcohol in your system might take longer than usual to break down. Hangovers will feel extremely unpleasant during your course.

I've done two cycles personally. Both of them worked, but only temporarely. Clean out your diet and overall lifestyle to get lasting results after the dosage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.