[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I stupid? Why don't beans have that much protein?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

When I went to the Harris Teeter website (where I get groceries), I looked at the nutritional facts for black beans, because I heard from here that they are a great source of protein, and as you can see in the picture, it only has 14 grams of protein per cup.

http://grocery.harristeeter.com/pd/Harris-Teeter/Black-Beans/15-25-oz/072036980786/

however, when you search "black beans nutrition" on google, it says a cup should have 39 grams?!

What am I missing?
>>
help
>>
>>42044752
Different brands and types of black beans have different nutritional content. I usually check wolfram alpha for this kind of stuff and according to that site, a cup of black beans has 227 calories and 15g of protein. 39g of protein seems like a hell of a lot considering that's 75% of the RDI for an adult male in a single cup.
Just find a brand you like and check the label rather than doing it online; you should be getting about 14-16g of protein per cup from any given brand.
>>
maybe a cup of dried beans
>>
>>42044752
>>42046009
This. Dried beans fit in a smaller place than prepared beans or canned beans.
>>
>>42046009
Can dry beans be eaten how you buy them, or do you have to cook them?
>>
You dummy. Canned beans have liquid in the can. Cooking beans doesn't diminish protein btw. Your serving sizes in that image include the liquid they use. It's like you've never opened a can of beans before reeeeeeeee
>>
>>42047318
You have to soak them, then you can cook them
>>
>>42047318
Eating a dried bean would break your tooth dumbshit. The poiny is they expand whrn you soak them and a cup of dried beans are going to end up many times the amount of a cup of canned beans. They dont inherently have more protein, there's just more of them because they are smaller when dried.

Different beans have different amounts of protein. Chickpeas have the most, i believe. Nobody ever said it was a substitute for meat, it's just a good idea to vary your diet. I smear hummus ON my meat.
>>
>>42047445
Why is there a meme that you need so much protein? Are you all seriously so dumb you fell for a translation error? Are Americans this dumb?

It should be .8 - 1 gram of protein per KILOGRAM of body weight.
>>
>>42047698
Post your body
>>
>>42047751

Nice logic there m8.

Muscles are proportional with testosterone(hormones), not protein intake
>>
>>42047751
dumbass
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.