[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Fit/ Easy Protein Meals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Use thsi one.gif (7KB, 103x136px) Image search: [Google]
Use thsi one.gif
7KB, 103x136px
I'm looking for anything that would be easy to buy In a grocery store with minimal prep that has lots of protein.
>>
Maybe a protein bar?
>>
Yeah, I used to have this problem at work, where I didn't have enough time to eat a full lunch. What I did was go to a grocery store that had a large variety of foods that were both high in protein but didn't require much time to prepare, and just ate those most of the time.
>>
>buy ground turkey, cream cheese, and salsa
>Cook turkey, add half a block of cream cheese and stir until it's melted
>Add salsa until content
>Eat with chips, torteas or with a spoon
Done, easy to cook, high protein meal. Usually is two servings for me
>>
Ground beef.
>You can brown it in a pan, add taco seasoning, and you now have taco meat.
>You can form patties and make burgers.
>You can buy hamburger helper.
>You can brown it up plain and throw eggs and cheese in it.

Steaks are also easy.
>buy steak
>put steak in cast iron skillet
>watch it brown up half way
>flip it over and cook other side
>rest a couple minutes on plate
>eat
That's also how you cook chicken breasts and pork chops, except you watch it go from pinkish white to golden white, instead of red to brown.

Also you can eat scrambled eggs. Also canned fish like tuna, sardines, oysters, herring, and salmon.

Milk is also minimal prep, as you just pour it into a glass, generally.
>>
>>42044612
not expensive if possible
>>
most minimal prep high protein foods will be expensive whey stuff. if yiu dont mind that it has equal amounts of fat, you could maybe try nuts.
>>
I'm really fucking good at cooking and lifting. This shit is easy.

chicken is the best and obvious answer. a chicken breast is 165 calories with 31 grams of protein, you can't beat that.

all you need to do is sprinkle some salt on it then leave it at room temp for ~30 minutes. heat up a pan on high/med-high to the point where a drop of water sizzles. Add oil then put the chicken on and cook it for 4 minutes on one side, flip it and cook for 4 more on the opposite side. Cook it with the lid on, preferably.

Tastes good this way and letting it brine at room temperature and cooking with a lid on makes the breast juicy and tender. Don't go too crazy with the seasonings, that's the mistake most people make with chicken breasts. When I feel fat i like to cut the breast up into pieces and dip it in some mayo- extremely satisfying.
>>
>>42044585
>Can of beans
>Can of chicken
>Some salsa
>Nuke it in the microwave
Alles klar!
>>
>>42044585

cottage cheese, you can eat it straight away
>>
>>42045392
Also if you're truly bad at preparing food i might as well explain that you should store chicken in the freezer, then put it in the fridge for about 24 hours to defrost it (quicker if you put it in a bowl of room temp water). Don't start the process until you defrost it.

>>42045464
this is good! cottage cheese is also great on calories to protein but you might have to try a few different brands out, some of them are kinda gross.
>>
>>42044585
there isn't much that tastes good and isn't too expensive
protein powder in milk is pretty much the way to go
I get more than half my protein that way
have a large portion of meat for dinner
and a peanut butter sandwich some time during the day
>>
>>42045392
>When I feel fat i like to cut the breast up into pieces and dip it in some mayo
what in the fuck
>>
File: CsxgZSIWgAAeTdt.jpg (27KB, 536x521px)
CsxgZSIWgAAeTdt.jpg
27KB, 536x521px
>>42045560
its so good bro
>>
>>42044585
Tuna, packed in Water -> mix with mustard
Cottage Cheese.
Greek Yogurt
>>
File: 1489485782186.jpg (791KB, 1080x1359px)
1489485782186.jpg
791KB, 1080x1359px
>>42044585
>fruit in 2017

lmao
>>
>>42044585
Buy
>5lbs chicken breast at $2/lb
>bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
>olive oil (optional)

Prep
>thin slice chicken horizontally
>poke holes with fork
>marinade in dressing overnight

Cook
>if you're lucky enough to have a grill, sear it for two minutes on both sides at max heat, wrap in aluminum foil, then finish on low heat for 30-60 minutes depending on thickness
>otherwise, pan sear it in olive oil or the excess marinade for two minutes each side, wrap in foil, finish in oven at 300 F for 30-60 minutes

Serve with almost anything. It's super easy to precook a week's worth (or more if you buy more) all at once for about $12
>>
Veggie burgers, when they are son sale. They really just need to be warmed up and typically have like 15g. You could also pound a can of beans.
>>
Tuna protein shakes.

>Blender
>1 can of tuna
> Around 300-400ml water
> Salt and pepper
> Some garlic if youre feeling extra

Blend that shit, drink that shit, enough protein for about 1 to 2 hours depending on your size
>>
File: fit_pancakes.jpg (171KB, 1008x917px)
fit_pancakes.jpg
171KB, 1008x917px
>>
>>42045392
W2c unprocessed chicken breast
>>
>>42044585
Magerquark/skyr/ 0.1% joghurt
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.