[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cardio whilst on weightlifting program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: asdwasd.png (23KB, 801x471px) Image search: [Google]
asdwasd.png
23KB, 801x471px
What's the deal with doing cardio in conjunction with weightlifting? I'm really trying to get into shape, meaning increasing my endurance in terms of cardio and increasing my overall strength.

As a 20 year old skinnyfat nub, should I just get out there and start running and lifting and worry about the science later? I don't want to hinder my progress
>>
you need good cardio so you can fraud and not fuck up your BP
>>
>>42039315
The image is missing how cardio helps the cardiovascular system tho

Also there's no "deal", just do like 30 minutes of cardio several times a week where you keep your heart pumping like a mad cunt. Do it before/after lifting if you can. Arnie used to run several miles along the beach to get to his gym.
>>
>>42039358
By deal I meant will doing one impede the other, and how best to avoid that.

Because of a fitness test standard my goal is 3 miles in 18 minutes, which takes pretty serious cardio training, I'm worried that will affect strength gains
>>
>>42039382

Jesus christ, you kids today. So what if it takes a bit longer to get gains. You will be healthier, feel better and live longer.
>>
Not OP but probably fine running once a week while trying to make gains at the gym? Eating enough to make up for calories lost, not intense enough to get serious leg DOMS etc.
>>
>>42039399
If you want to run, sure. Better for your joints would be spin/cycling though. Low impact and can be as intense as you want it.
>>
>>42039315
Nothing, it's all meme. Running an hour a week won't kill any gains. Fucking hell.
>>
>>42039315
just modify your lifestyle slightly

>usually drive? bike or walk
>usually take the elevator? take the stairs
>go swimming or jogging for fun

cardio won't magically prevent you from gaining muscle. if anything, it'll help you build leg muscle so you don't become a calflet/quadlet
>>
I do SS and do cardio on the off days. Either biking or running.

It's worth it because I enjoy food and like eating what I want without caring too much about calories, plus it generally encreases your athletic ability and endurance as a whole.

Don't fall for the meme OP nothing with cardio
>>
>>42039315
I would say do your weightlifting routine first, then a good running routine after like C25K. Cardio killing gains is a meme. If you're trying to bulk out of skinnyfat mode instead of cutting first, then just eat more to make up the difference. Your heart needs exercise for you to live longer and can chase after qt3.14s better.
>>
>>42039315
cardio is part of being all around healthy and fit. keep in mind 99% of the posters here are retarded children who only care about getting as big as possible or being able to "lift" a certain number.
>>
File: ftfy.png (33KB, 801x471px) Image search: [Google]
ftfy.png
33KB, 801x471px
>>42039315
check my paint skills
>>
>>42039315
as long as you replace your TDEE, you won't see a decrease in the rate of your progression.
Meaning you need to eat more than what you are usually eating when just lifting.
Plus, improving cardiovascular system will allow for better recovery and shorter rest periods between sets.
>>
>>42039315
You'll want to sprint so that you can build endurance for really heavy deadlifts and squats
>>
>>42039382
3 miles in 18 minutes? Do you have any experience with cardio? If not you may be fucked unless you have a lot of time to prepare. Most people have difficulty hitting a 6 minute mile, you'll have to do three in a row. Just run to practice, if this test is serious to you take it easy on putting on mass until you're done as running with extra weight will make it more difficult.
>>
I can attest that while as much as I love cardio and absolutely hate lifting, lifting is far superior and I've only been lifting for about 2 months so I'm enjoying noob gains sure, but its beyond that.

I still much prefer an intense cardio session now though, it's just more rewarding and I sleep better
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.