[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My shoulder is fucked how do I unfuck it? >inb4 go to doctor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

My shoulder is fucked how do I unfuck it?
>inb4 go to doctor
>>
train legs
>>
>>42039176
How did you fuck it up? Do that but in reverse to unfuck it.
>>
what's wrong with it
>>
Lacrosse ball
>>
>>42039195
I've had pain in my shoulder (the frontal part, not the scapula or the clavicle, the part at the top of the humerus)
>>42039192
not quite sure
might have been boxing or bench pressing, or maybe dumbbell lateral flyes I used to do for medial delts
>>
>>42039176
How fucked we're talking? What kind of movements hurt?
>>
>>42039222
just a little fucked
all kinds of press hurts but not so bad I can't push through it
also pull ups and pulldowns
>>
>>42039221
train your rear delts more. do face pulls, and more pulling movements like rows and pull ups.
>>
>>42039176
Go to a physio.
I spent months trying to self diagnose and fix lower back/pain. Finally saw a physio and he diagnosed it and gave me a working solution within 25 minutes, well worth the £40
>>
>>42039345
what was the working solution?
>>
>>42039237
If rows are still okay, do those for back and focus on squats and deadlifts otherwise. Do isolations for arms and see if different pressing angles are okay. Decline bench or dips should be easier on your shoulders and still let you do work for your chest. I don't think flys will be okay if pressing already hurts but you might want to try it out. Do light face pulls for up to 30 reps. They're great for restoring shoulder mobility and might aid you in recovery, unless the movement hurts, in that case you should stop immediately.
>>
>>42039176
What country are you in?
>>
>>42039176
Stop pressing heavy until you can fix it. I ignored the slight pain, and it never really got worse until I was bench pressing one day and my shoulder kinda just gave out.
>>
>>42039176
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_osoNJK1HQ

Solved my problems.
>>
>>42039363
why should he freely give you advice that cost him 40 erous?
>>
These exercises helped me A LOT, especially the prone slow dislocates
https://youtu.be/B33C_XMRF-g
>>
>>42039363
I had assumed I had some sort of hip impingement or SI joint malfunction due to how sharp the discomfort was.
Turns out my glutes had just been rekt by sitting 6+ hours a day since starting a new office job, and my back was picking up all the slack, so he recommended a bunch of glute exercises to wake them back up each time I lift.
>>
>>42039579
thx senpai
>>42039541
well he just gave it to me you complete faggot
>>
>>42039214
How do you lacrosse ball a shoulder?
>>
>>42039176
Use the Starr Rehab Protocol with Barbell OHP

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/chicagosc.com/starr-rehab-protocol-muscle-injury/amp/

It worked for me but it also depends on what kind of injury you have.
>>
>>42039176
connective tissue injury. be gentle with it and exercise lightly but consistently
>>
>>42039579
>waking up muscles

the physio u saw is a hack, the idea that muscle neuropathways can "fall asleep" has been debunked.
>>
I fucked my rotator cuff, built it back up with OHP slowly, fine now, I hate doctors though nd haven;t got time for physio bullshit
>>
>>42039176
FIRST AND FOREMOST: GO SEE A FUCKING DOCTOR.

Don't try to diagnose yourself.

I also fucked up my shoulder a year ago, tried giving rest and bill star's rehab program, etc., etc. In the end after 2 or so months went to see a doctor (the pain first subsided but little by little started to come back). Turns out it was quite serious and I narrowly avoided having to have surgery. Now I've been recovering for 8 months (no bench, OHP or pullups during this time) and now I'm just easing my way back to upper body compounds.

tl;dr recap - GO SEE A FUCKING DOCTOR
>>
shoulders are fucking cunts, go see a professional unless you want complications for life
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.