[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people forgive more easily an attractive, buff male

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1499189060261.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499189060261.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
Than a weak, ugly one?

It's something I've noticed.

What's the reason? It kinda pisses me off.
>>
t. tumblr
>>
They subconsciously perceive that they could get away much worse/without apologising, so their apology/consideration means more.

As in, the weak guy has to tow the line/apologise because he has low social capital and needs acceptance. The big attractive guy could get away with murder if he wanted (obviously he couldn't really but that's the way he is perceived) so the fact that he is relatively tame or apologetic is more impressive.
>>
Fear
>>
>>42036524
Because people a predisposed to disliking weak, ugly males.
Despite all of the "just b urself" comments people make, we all know that people simply don't respect dead end genes.
If you look like you're two generations removed from the tard farm I'm going to have a tough time taking you seriously.
>>
If you didn't notice, ugly people get treated like animals in general.
Also as a male, being skinny and weak is a death sentence unless you're attractive or rich.
>>
>>42036524
Because, even subconsciously, we think of less attractive of who have some sort of deficit (e.g. social ability) as being of lower value. I know because even though I was quite a pathetic person in school there were a handful worse off than me and I couldn't help but look down on them, even though I knew I desperately wanted people to respect me.
>>
post pics of your attractive, buff friend or coworker
>>
They don't. They more readily forgive people with a cute face but being "buff" has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>42036665
>>42036601
This.
>>
>>42036816
And ofc this :)
>>
>>42036524

LOOOKISM

ITS LEGIT
>>
>>42036524
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
>>
Gee anon, why would people be more willing to invest (their time/emotion/goodwill) in a high quality being?
>>
File: 1463128585648.jpg (10KB, 240x184px) Image search: [Google]
1463128585648.jpg
10KB, 240x184px
>>42036524
It's great, I know.
>>
>>42036524
I've come to realize that buff, tan, healthy people generally just maintain better control of their lives. The more disciplined and motivated you are, the more forgivable mistakes are.
>why are successful likable people more accepted even when they fail?
The real red pill is this: respect is earned, you don't deserve it just for existing. You have to be willing to work harder in and out of the gym than your peers if you want people to treat you nice. Get used to it.
>>
>>42036524
power.
being buff and strong is physical power (or at least the illusion of it)
being attractive is social power.
>>
>>42036524
Halo effect, beauty is good effect, and belief in a just world schema.
>>
>>42036524
Because attractive buff males look like they'd be dicks, If they apologize sincerely it sorta throws you off.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.