[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is cigarettes kill gains?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: TOEWp.jpg (24KB, 604x425px) Image search: [Google]
TOEWp.jpg
24KB, 604x425px
is cigarettes kill gains?
>>
>>42036476
not if you roid.
>>
>>42036476
lolno
>in before butthurt non-smoker lectures
>>
they kill your lungs, which kills you, which kills your gains. so yes
>>
cigarettes are degenerate
>>
>>42036532
smoker here. cigarettes are the ultimate gains goblin.

i want to stop smoking because it's essentially a drug whose only effect is to make you think about taking the drug. not an upper or a downer, just nothing except literal cancer.

non-smoker lectures are annoying af though.
>>
File: 1498950076041.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498950076041.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>42036612
ye, im trying to get my bf to quit, and it does get on his nerves. but hes such a pussy, he wont quit it cold turkey.
>>
>>42036476
No but saunas do
>>
>>42036612
>i want to stop smoking
You WANT to stop? Why want when you can do. Just fucking quit it, jesus, else you don't "really" want it
>>
No, they kill retards.
>>
>>42036476
it kills you
but you're probably still in an age where death is regarded as something mythological

so, about gains, strictly speaking:
it hampers your vascularity, therefore muscle recover, therefore muscle growth
it hampers resistance
it introduces several toxic substances in your blood. it doesn't seem very logical to follow a diet, a routine, sleep habits, maybe even supplements and then indulge in something like this
it hampers protein synthesis
>http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/293/3/E843.long
it stinks
it may have no effects on test or even increase _free_ test yet it yields no effects on bioavailable test. That's not as good as it seems; it seems that cotinine, a tobacco metabolite, simply inhibits testosterone breakdown. An increase in free test without a corresponding increase in bioavailable test leads to premature ageing
it may accelerate tooth decay or at least yellow-ish teeth

>>42036532
>>42036612
>non-smokers are annoying
smokers tend to dismiss the downsides of their habit and they feel pretty annoyed to read "smoking kills" on their pack too. this is a common trait between smoking, alcoholism and drug abuse in general.

>>42036773
>im trying to get my bf to quit, and it does get on his nerves
Don't do that. A smoker can definitively quit cold turkey (that's what I did) but it must be HIS decision. Your best option is to download Allen Carr's pdf (you'll find free copies with a simple search) and invite him to read it WHEN HE'S READY.
Any pressure from you would be seen as "annoying af"

>>42036781
All the smokers want to quit, few want to quit "now". It's not that different from fatties trying to diet if you think about it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>42036811
thank you so much for help
>>
>>42036773
I don't know anyone who actually quits. They all still have a few when drunk. Or relapse after a few months.
>>
>>42036773
what the fuck
>>
>>42036476

> guy on the far left

compensating roided up manlet

> guy in the middle

Ugly long midfaced mouthbreating degenerate retard

> guy on the far right

Handsome strong jawed and super aesthetic 6 feet tall badass
>>
>>42036857
That's like saying nobody can lose weight because you haven't seen anybody stick to a diet.
>>
you lads eat way to much cock. fucking faggots
>>
>>42036476
Medfag here. Nicotine constricts arteries, decreasing bloodflow through your whole body. Thats why they fuck with recovery. They also constrict your lungs together with the arterial constricting decrease the amount of oxygen available in tissue.

The also fuck with your metabolism by making your cells less sensitive to glucose. Thats why its great for losing weight. Glucose wont enter the cell and stays in your blood longer, so less hunger.

Less oxygen and glucose means less fuel for your muscles during workout and during recovery.
>>
File: 1497960906053.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1497960906053.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>42037265
Wtf? Reported for being a homophobe
>>
I smoke a pack a day and can still run a 10k and lift heavy stuff
>>
I started smoking when i quit drinking. Feels good man
>>
>>42036857
My grandpa smoked for 50 years and quit successfully
>>
>>42036612
I like nicotine highs. Theyre relaxing
>>
>>42036781
Non smoker detected
>>
i will quit one day. definitely not today though
>>
>>42036476
Delet
>>
>>42040398
Good for him man. Thats incredible. Shows what willpower can accomplish
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.