[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to force yourself to achieve goals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Lazy_man_2704346c.jpg (44KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
Lazy_man_2704346c.jpg
44KB, 460x287px
I know I have it in me to put in work and be disciplined, last summer I lost 50lbs. But currently I am slacking and don't have the will to put in work. I am tired of being a lazy sack of shit imaging how life would be like if I were the best version of myself.

>How do you force yourself to go to the gym (and not slack off once there)
>Build disapline and not eat a shit diet even when plain steak and eggs or tuna become dreadful.
>Stop going to /r9k/ for self pity and lower confidence.
>Stop bad habits like touching my face or jerking off like it's a routine.
Etc Just how the fuck do you FORCE yourself to put in work even when you don't feel like it?
>>
File: tumblr_mo7mbzzS391s7ultvo1_400.gif (277KB, 400x170px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mo7mbzzS391s7ultvo1_400.gif
277KB, 400x170px
Action makes things happen
You choose what you do
>>
>>42036375
What do u mean touching your face?
>>
>>42036725
When sitting down at a desk whenever I zone off I start picking at my face without realizing it like a meth head.
>>
Routines don't take willpower.
Breaking a routine does take willpower.
You must form a routine of not being a sissy girl.

To break a routine, you must replace it with another. It is the only way.
>>
>>42036375

I don't really have a solution for you, but I do have a recent observation about myself.

I am more prone to take positive action when someone is monitoring my progress. The trick for me is simulating that. I suppose that's what "accountability buddies" are all about.
>>
>>42036375
Gamification worked pretty well for me at the start until I built some self control, combined with automatic punishments and resistance changing it works well also.

Heres how I did it (except r9k was 4chan in general)
>How do you force yourself to go to the gym (and not slack off once there)
Create a game type achievement page in excel to log your progress, with skill tree for each lift or whatever you like.

>Build disapline and not eat a shit diet even when plain steak and eggs or tuna become dreadful.
Do shopping with just enough money for what you plan to buy, if you keep bad food in the house, lock it away and make it difficult to get to, while making healthy food easier to get access, like pre-prepairing the meals that way to can still have some, but usualy you give up and eat something better.

use an extension that makes you type in a long as password every time you want to go on r9k, make some achevements for how many days you went witout self pity

>Stop bad habits like touching my face or jerking off like it's a routine.
Get some habaneros, cut them open and run your fingertips in the inside, then wash your hands. It will burn the first couple of days, but then you'll learn not to touch your face or dick.
>>
>>42036375
>plain steak and eggs or tuna become dreadful.

You can just make food that taste good. Tuna is not a requirement.

Seeing your body change in real time should be motivation enough for you to go to the gym, otherwise just stay home.
>>
>>42036375
>How do you force yourself to go to the gym
Just fucking go and stop making shit so complicated. Get off your ass and go. That's the only way. The fact that you can't comprehend this is scary.
>>
>>42036375
>Etc Just how the fuck do you FORCE yourself to put in work even when you don't feel like it?
Pretend like you don't even have a choice. Your mentality should be that you're now in boot camp and you don't have the option of not doing something.
>>
>>42036375
i don't think not sticking to your regimen is the underlying cause of your problems anon.
>>
>>42036804
>Get an accountabilibuddy
>Make them accountabilibuddyable
>>
>>42036837
>>42036836
Btw I know the OP made it sound like I don't already lift. I've been lifting for a few years, it's just recently I've been a lazy fuck not giving it my all like I used to. All my lifts are halted and no longer increasing, taking longer rest breaks between sets, etc. I am around 18 percent body and I am pretty close to making it, I just can't fucking push myself to finish what I started. Also my lifts currently 250lbs on bench, 245 on bent over rows, 180 pounds on overhead press. So I am not a complete fucking noob and there's nothing "scary"
>>42036849
That's kind of what I did last year, went full pyscho mode and would literally workout until my nose would bleed, but of course I suffered injuries but it was worth it. I just don't have the same drive but I'll try and use the same concentration camp mentality.
>>
>>42036375
I am not sure why but I found that some goals come "naturally" meaning that you may try to persuade yourself to do something, that seems logical and sane. But to your nature it is actually not so.

If you do no want to do something perhaps it is so that you do not like what is happening in society in general, or what is happening around it, that little meat calculator in your head is slowly tilting you into query mode, whether or not an investment of time is useful or not.

I have found this to be somewhat reasonable as to explain why you wouldnt want to do stuff, even philosophical. Because of that I took no pain to do sports, to become fit and to even find jobbos. It did not seem natural, but it felt like so.

And now my nature is telling me to leave the city. And go far away from humans. Well tough luck with that I have lol. But this mechanism may also be lacking in judgement. Sometimes it may need somekind of weird exposure into non comfort to properly work. Experiencing something new and "unwanted". With that I mean a different job, or a weird lass that may seem like a sloot.
>>
>>42037143
and to add to that post, lite sage also

>be actually a fascist all my life
>all my life people tell me to do pointless stuff, git money
>actually naturally I think I just started feeling disgust for most of society and the cucks in it from a young age
>did not feel that being a programmer would be spiritually whole.
>actually, what I wanted to be was to go into the army and shoot at towelheads, or work at contruction with other high test men and not nerds in offices
>too old now for violent professions probably

thanks society
>>
>>42036375
>Etc Just how the fuck do you FORCE yourself to put in work even when you don't feel like it?
Willpower is a meme. You can't force yourself to do anything long term. You have to want to do it. What are the reasons that part of you doesn't want to get fit, etc.?
>>
>>42036375
you just do it, as cheesy as it sounds.
>>
>>42036375
If you don't like to work out, then don't do it.

Some things are challenging. Maybe you don't like to be challenged.

Don't worry, it will all be over in 40-60 years.
>>
>>42036375
Watch videos of people who are poor and realize being fat is for decadent subhumans
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.