[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dorian Yates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: dorian-yates-bodybuilding.jpg (21KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
dorian-yates-bodybuilding.jpg
21KB, 300x359px
Whats /fit/s opinion on Dorian Yates ?

More importantly, whats your opinion on his workout ?
Does it lead to serious gains ?

I just did my chest workout using the 3 sets (2 warm up, one working set) method and it felt pretty good.
>>
>>42031578

>falling for the Arthur jones, mentzer, Yates one set to failure

You'll need a substantial amount of roids to get anything out of it.
>>
>>42031578
>1 working set
>>
>>42031598
>>42031619

Explain why its bad,
Seriously
>>
>>42031578

bump

Whats wrong with just one working set?
>>
>>42031578
Dorian is one of my favorite bodybuilder. I wouldn't recommend following someone elses routine though, because every body reacts differently. But usually, if you wanted mass then 3 sets of 10~15 rep (controlled speed and chasing the burn) might be a good digits to start from. Natty or not. Also eat lots or else you won't grow
>>
>>42031641
look in the mirror and see for yourself
>>
>>42031693

Thanks,
Im not following his workout completely, just the 3 sets (2 warm up, 1 working set)
Just wondering if its a genuine way to develop or only worth it if you're taking roids.

I already eat a solid 3500 a day
>>
>>42031641

not enough volume

though weight is important in tearing your muscle fibers, it also needs stress in order to tear

its like cutting a rope

even if you cut it once, hard, it wont completely break

you need to saw at it with your knife
>>
>>42031723

Okay, so something more along the lines of
1 warm up set
2 working sets
1 set to fail on lighter weight to get really finish your muscle off
>>
ah walked thru t' bloody snow ah did fookin californians
muh dmt
muh back
>>
>>42031720
Counting your warm up set as your workout set is silly. Do a good warm up till you break a sweat, at least 3 sets of warm ups with lighter weight, then do heavy 3 sets. 2 warm ups and one working set is like doing only one set. When you're on roids, super sets and pyramid reps really responds well.
>>
most people are not capable of achieving the intensity needed to make gains with one set. Dorian was an elite BB'er and only went to the one set training after a few years of traditional training.
>>
>>42031785

3 warm up sets seems excessive
But I do see why 1 working set would be too few.
>>
>>42031578
How long have you been training and how old are you?
>>
>>42031822

5 years
im 25
>>
>>42031807
Point of warming up is to "warm up" the tissue and get it less stiff to prevent injury. I personally do my warm up sets up to 3~4 sets, by the end of my warm up sets I'm already a bit sweaty. I also like to do a walk on the treadmill or stair master to warm myself up before lifting weights. I never lift when I'm not warmed up. I have been injury free for years, so I personally recommend warming up.
>>
>>42031853

Okay cool
So in terms of your warm up sets what kind of percentage of your max weight do you lift ?
like bench for example
>>
>>42031874
I'd do 70% for 2-3 sets then 90% for the working set.
>>
>>42031826
pics, lifts
>>
>>42031874
I personally think that people should be lifting around 3~4 sets of 8~15 reps at least, if their goal is to pack on some mass and make strength gains. I've started out with that rep range when I was natty and it worked great for me. Now I usually do higher reps like 15~18~20 reps with lots of super sets and pyramid reps because I have learned over time that my body can handle this workload, and my body responds well to higher rep type workout.

I don't do barbell bench but for my warm up sets for my Dumbbell bench, it's like 3 sets of 50%~65% weights for 10~15 reps. (controlled speed and flexing as I do a warm up) then I do 3~4 sets of 15~20reps till I reach failure at every last rep
>>
>>42031943

Thanks man!
>>
>>42031723
Horrible metaphor.

The objective of lifting isn't to damage your muscles as much as possible. It's to create the right kind of microtears in the right amount

What you are describing is just an injury
>>
>>42031598
Underrated post.

The volume and intensity is simply too high for a natty, let alone a beginner/intermediate.

If you want proof go ahead and waste six months doing it.

And like most high level bodybuilders he will use various different training methods throughout the year. You cannot just simply run this indefinitely, if there was a universal best routine everyone would be on it.

Read on how to program or stick to the many other pre-written routines that are structured for continuous progression. I don't get why this is such a difficult thing to understand for most people.
>>
>>42031578
I have the feeling that although you do go to failure, you don't have anywhere near the same intensity Yates would have.
>>
>>42031578

One of my gymbros introduced me to his training style (2 warmups 1 working w/droplet), and I find it really works well when you also do some time under tension. For example on our chest day

1) incline dumbbell press
2) flat bench
3) decline bench superset with dips
4) back to incline dumbbell, but time under tension then superset with dumbbell flys

I was feeling doms for 4 days it was great, and I was already feeling stronger
>>
File: 90 Tempel Gym - Dorian & Gary 6.jpg (32KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
90 Tempel Gym - Dorian & Gary 6.jpg
32KB, 360x540px
>>42031578
Looked amazing early on in his career. Then he started looking like he was melting starting from 95 and it just got worse up to 97.
>>
>using routines made for steroid bodybuilders

classic cuck
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.