[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mixed grip, not even once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: samhat.png (97KB, 362x492px) Image search: [Google]
samhat.png
97KB, 362x492px
>doing dadlifts as usual at the gym
>work my way up to 4 and a half plates, switch to mixed grip
>been pulling mixed grip for a year now, no problem
>start my first set
>feel a sudden twitch in the top of my front-facing bicep
>think I just tore a 'cep and it's all over
>but there's no pain, I can move my arms just fine
>put my left hand over my front deltoid and curl my arm, just to feel that everything's still intact
>feel a squirting going on under my skin as I curl, like my fingers are touching a straw and someone's sucking liquid through it

Am I going to die? What the fuck just happened?
>>
You're dead now
>>
post front double bi pic i'm a doctor
>>
They don't call it deadlifts for nothing, son.
>>
File: 1498926649759.jpg (612KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1498926649759.jpg
612KB, 3000x2000px
>>42030810
>tfw doing deadlifts and doesn't expect to actually die
>>
Put it on ice right now or you might regret it
>>
>>42030810
Show us a picture of your arm so we can diagnose you
>>
>>42030810
pics so we can save your life anon
>>
>>42030810
if you intend to pull mixed grip for your top set, you should be doing mixed grip for every single warmup set

your technique is subtly different with mixed than with DOH, and switching to mixed grip for only a top set is going to throw you off and vastly increase the chance of you fucking yourself up somehow, in addition you will get more stimulus to the supinated bicep tendon which will encourage it to grow stronger (which is going to make future tears less likely)

this is something Mike Tuscherer talks about (look him up if you don't know who that is) and when i started doing this i felt much more in the groove and safer
>>
the blood vessel in your arm exploded
don't used a mixed grip, faggot.
>>
File: 1499185136220.jpg (126KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499185136220.jpg
126KB, 1080x1080px
Dangers of mixed grips, friends.
>>
>>42030810
i did that and my 3rd toe from the left fell off

rip u dood
>>
>>42030894
fuck bjork what a retarded cunt
>>
>>42031848
his legs are pretty solid
>>
>>42030810
you're supposed to warm up with mixed grip you nonce, why did you think pulling 455 with one arm cold was a good idea
>>
>>42031848
People talk that m'tard did rows with a mixed grip.
>>
>>42030810
>front facing bicep
got any on your backside then?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.