[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO ABOUT LOWER BACK PAIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: back-pain-spine.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
back-pain-spine.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
It stated probably around a year ago...every time I would go for long distance runs it would tighten up and hurt and I'd keep going (most likely because of poor stretching and shoes). Lifting was fine however. This summer however, I've been getting into a very good lifting routine and maybe I wasn't stretching enough then either. At this point, I stretch as much as possible (hip flexers are biggest key). But it still hurts. Every day I wake up and my back is tight? What do I do? should I take lifting off for awhile to let it heal? Lift more??
>>
>>42027031
Do you do any abs exercises? Could be that your core is weak so all your weight is being supported by your back.
>>
chiropractor and read books on posture and stretching

this shit is no joke. i legit refuse to lift before i haev perfect posture, thats why im focusing right now on my hairloss and just getting a low bf%

dont build on a unstable foundation
>>
>>42027031
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkwxZhwltU this vid helped me a lot.
>>
>>42027031

Do this every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOvo2PDmL0E
>>
>>42027136
>chiropractor
Top kek
>>
File: risitas 40.png (20KB, 136x102px) Image search: [Google]
risitas 40.png
20KB, 136x102px
>>42027031
>hip flexers
hanging did so much for me, try to find a bar high enough so you can completely relax while hanging, also very good for shoulders. I need to try the reverse hyper, joe rogan keep talking about this like its a fucking miracle
>>
>>42027228
I wonder, are there any good books on chiropracty and physiotherapy 101?
>>
Choose another Hobby? lol jk. Just google lower back stretches. I started doing them and bye bye pain. Avoid exercises that aggravate you're problem areas until you're netter
>>42027236
Also this. Started doing it a month ago, really gets that stretch down your back
>>
*better
>>
>>42027031
I have severe APT. It's aggravated when I come back to running after taking a break, I think my squats and diddles plus the running are causing my issues. If I only diddle, I'm perfectly fine. If I add squats, my back gets a little tight. If I add running, all hell breaks loose and I take days off from the gym. Check your mattress too, that helped me quite a bit.
>>
File: 1498991685256.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1498991685256.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>42027228
lmao @ ur back LOL
>>
>>42027380
>any good books on chiropracty
No because it's a fucking pseudoscience everyone just wings it.
>>
>>42027917
really? Are you serious? So there is no difference between a hooker who gives "massages" and a licensed chiropractor?
>>
>>42027031
Stop dead lifting stop squaring, start icing, start stretching, including hamstrings. Stay moving throughout the day. If you see no progression after two weeks see a professional
>>
>>42028491
Chiropractor is a masseuses
>>
>>42028521
would yoga actually work in this case? Lots of stretching there. Can show your great muscles as well to qt grils.
>>
>>42028546
Yea go for it, I mean I don't know much about yoga but I know some stretches I do are used in yoga, you want to loosen your lower back. Well all of your back will help too.

Not doing squats or diddys with weight is important, if your back starts to feel better hold off another two weeks after it feels good before doing them. Start deloaded
>>
>>42028521
>stretching
yeah it's all this dude. i only get back pain when i dont stretch my lower body.
look up stretches for lower back pain and stretch hamstrings, glutes and quads.
>>
>no one mentions strengthening the glutes minus one guy reverse hypers

really makes me think
>>
>>42027031
Are there certain positions that make it worse or better?

Look up fix your own back
Also Stuart McGills work
>>
Stuart McGill is a researcher on low back pain look for his book k for the layman.
>>
>>42028734
Also Donnie Thompson's lower back rehab protocol

Donnie also has some good strengthening exercises
>>
Try inversion table. Fixed a lingering back discomfort.
>>
>>42028589
Yea I was thinking to myself, lots of stretching, perhaps good for the blood flow as well. Lower cortisol. QT women probably. Sounds ideal for weight lifting, though I dont want to quit those things, I just want to supplement them. I already quit for two weeks for an injury and didnt feel much better, but when I bought a better mattress I did feel a difference.
>>
I also suggest yoga/stretching. If you don't take it seriously and try to "work through the pain" you could seriously injure yourself. I tried to work through the pain at my gym and ended up with full body tendonitis. Had to crawl on my stomach just to go take a shit. It felt like knives stabbing my joints... Got it in toes, feet, ankles, shins, knees, back of knees, hips, spine, wrists, forearms, elbows, bicep tendon, shoulders and neck.
Everything was swollen. This lasted 3 months. Went from a muscular 180 to a fragile 160. Had to start all over again.

So yea just stretch and take it easy. There are tons of lower back stretches you can do
>>
>>42027236
>>42027383

Try hanging upside down.
>>
>>42027031
Look to see if you can find an Airrosti provider near you.

They're chiros, but they actually focus on fixing the problem with a combination of massage, education, and exercises. Their focus is getting your shit fixed within like 3-4 visits. I've had great results with what they've taught me.
>>
>>42027031
What helped my lower back pain was:
- chiropractor (one session was enough but I got lucky, you may need more)
- kettlebell swings every time my back feels tight/not right (built a hungarian core blaster for these, look it up)
- switched from conventional to sumo DLs. I find it waaaaaay more natural, and imo it has a lot of transfer to squats, plus it builds the glutes, which are very important muscles for lower back health. Basically, if your glutes aren't strong enough to do something, the back will take over, but it'll do the job poorly. I even remember a study stating that spinal erector dominance was correlated with chances of lower back injuries.
Hope it helps.
>>
>>42027031
Don't fall for the chiro meme. They can provide temporary relief by cracking your back and massages or use brute force to permanently realign your skeleton which is retarded. I know so many people that can never squat again because of these quacks. Stretch, hang and and do planks/leg raises.
>>
Fuck it. I am going to go down the rabbit hole. After checking form and doing stretches ask are you worried about something. Do you get on with friends or family...Is something bothering you, if that is the case look up EFT Tapping and try it out. It is basically hitting body meridian points as you repeat positive statements. It worked wonders for me. If you think it is not a body thing then it could be a mind thing.
>>
>>42027031
This may sound counterintuitive but try running or going for a rigorous walk. I found that lifting + sedentary behavior is a recipe for pain. But if I run around my yard or the neighborhood I start to feel much better. I get sore after but recover 10x better after a good night sleep. Just jog around the neighborhood or even sprint through a field a few times and you'll feel better. Something about running around really lubricates the joints and gets ghe blood flowing through those areas like nothing else can do.
>>
>>42027031
Best case, you are breathing really shallowly when in deep thought and this can mess up your back. Happened to me several times. Make sure you are breathing deeply. Don't be self conscious of your stomach poking out.

Also the other thing that used to jack up my back was laying in bed when I was awake.

Hopefully it is nothing structural.
>>
sexual intercourse
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.