[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the /fit/ approved way to prepare rice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: product_grains_rice_1_large.jpg (152KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
product_grains_rice_1_large.jpg
152KB, 800x531px
What is the /fit/ approved way to prepare rice?
>>
>>42025479
1x10 mins boiling water

Then chuck it in the stir fry with the other ingredients.
>>
>>42025479
Throw it in the trash and eat pasta or potatoes instead.
>>
> After the victory Kimura slapped his face to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. That night he had a very large meal of 13 bowls of rice. When reporters questioned Kimura about his big win he told them that winning his first All Japan Title was his most memorable experience. Even the night after the tournament Kimura was again training. He did 500 push ups, bunny hop 1km, and 500 karate chops before he went to bed
>>
>>42025499

lmao what a dumbass
>>
>>42025479
Some general tips
>wash your rice
Just do this in a strainer, cold water
>don't use too much water
Twice as high as the water comes in your pan, often less depending on your rice. Start with cold water and keep the lid on
>fucking season it if you don't want a bland mess
I've seen people not even use salt. Pepper and salt are compulsory, broth, star anise, garlic and cardamon are my go-to additions
>>
>Cover and boil 1:2 rice water ratio ~20 min
>Strain and leave in the pot covered to steam for 10-30 min
>Consume rice
>Freeze in freezer bag so you don't have to cook rice for an hour the next time you eat it
>>
>>42025788
Does it actually matter if you don't wash the rice?
>>
>>42025822
That timing seems off. If i boiled rice at that ratio for 20 minutes the water would have gone about 12 minutes in and the base of the rice would get burnt to fuck.

Doing red rice for 45 mins, covered and on lowest setting, i still need to add some extra water at around the 35 minute mark.
>>
File: Super_Rice.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Rice.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>42025479
>1 cup rice. 1.15 cup water.
>Rinse rice until the water runs clear.
>Put rice and water in pot.
>Turn heat to high.
>When water begins to boil turn heat to low.
>Put Lid on.
>Let cook for 15 - 20 minutes.

The rice should be malleable but not too moist. I prefer a drier preparation as it will better combine with hearty protein rich dishes. Rice should be unseasoned other than cilantro if adding to a main dish such as curry or chopped chicken with veggies. Otherwise lightly salt and butter.
>>
>>42026277
Also protip. DO NOT STIR WHILE COOKING YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.
>>
use brown rice and steam it
>>
>>42025831
Washing get's rid of that starchy shell that causes the foam to boil over the side of the pot.
>>
File: 91acnwhpkVL._SX355_.jpg (42KB, 355x292px) Image search: [Google]
91acnwhpkVL._SX355_.jpg
42KB, 355x292px
the only thing I can say about rice is that short/medium grain is better than long grain white or brown

also if you want to give your rice more flavor put this stuff on it
>>
>>42025479
Hahaha look at these whities try to cook rice.
>>
For brown rice you're supposed to soak it overnight and cook every part of rice with 5 parts water. This is to get rid of 80 percent of the water soluble cancer causing arsenic.
>>
rice:water ratio of 1:2
boil until water is gone, introduce rice in unboiled water
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.