[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Common_alcoholic_beverages.jpg (148KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
Common_alcoholic_beverages.jpg
148KB, 1200x803px
Does the majority of /fit/ abstain from it? For those who do drink, how do you decide what to consume in relation to nutritional content? How often?
>>
File: IMG_5472.png (30KB, 305x222px)
IMG_5472.png
30KB, 305x222px
>>42021454
>>
I decide what to drink based on taste. I'm trying to gain ~10lb but I also run a lot so basically my diet is basically "eat as much as I want as long as it's not just pure fat or sugar"
>>
>>42021454
I have never drank and probably never will because of family history of alcoholism and not wanting to go down the path.

It's a little tough in college with how much of a social activity it is, but I still think I'm making the right choice in the end.

Any other /fit/izens with similar stories?
>>
hurts my bulking because i either end up getting sick or having a hangover, which is 1-2 days of being thrown off my routine. Abstaining for maybe 5-6 months if possible, so I can get to a weight I am more comfortable with.
>>
>>42021469

So how come I body like 10+ beers Thurs-Sunday and don't gain weight?
>>
>>42021529
OP here. I can resist drinking in social situations, it doesn't matter to me, but I do often drink when I'm feeling down. I know I need to stop, especially since I'm just shitting out my workouts, but I don't know how to cope with certain personal issues.

Anyway, for what it's worth I think it's okay to drink every now and then and meet some girls in college, but yeah you have the right state of mind by putting it on the back burner.
>>
>>42021534
You're in your 20's right?
keep it up for a year or two and see what happens.
>>
I drank a fuck ton in college. Now Im 25 and gave it up mostly for the past year.

Well now Im back in grad school and go out nearly every day because its too tempting for me to sit around my apartment all comfy, and I use alcohol to ease up, and then I end up drinking too much.

Honestly if I know Im gonna drink that night I just lower the calories. However I do IF and obviously that doesnt help.

Still I havent gained weight, jst not losing anymore fat. Stuck in 15-16% BF hell
>>
File: diversity.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
>>42021454

Old pic.
Now 3x as thick with bottles.

>inb4 "Angry Orchard ? you pleeb".
>>
>>42021864
Spring Hill TN?
>>
I drink every Saturday and I will keep doing that until weed is legal after all the other states legalize it since Oklahoma stinks
>>
>>42021864
>they're not all unibrowe
you pleeb
>>
I'm a pretty high-functioning alcoholic and dropped 90lb over the past 15 months or so while still increasing or maintaining most of my lifts. 6'0 170lb 105/205/225/285

Currently a 6-pack and 4 margaritas deep. Biked 9 miles home from the bar with the boys. It's harder to keep the cut while drinking, but im not willing to sacrifice my social life for gains. Your results may vary.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.