[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weight Training vs Body Weight Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Body weight.jpg (35KB, 625x415px)
Body weight.jpg
35KB, 625x415px
>With body weight exercises I can hit every major muscle group 7 days a week with push ups, dips, pull ups, ect
>With weights I can only hit every major muscle group around 1-2 times a week

It seems to me like I can build more overall muscle with body weight training than going to the gym.
>>
who gives a shit what you do m80, resistance training is resistance training
>>
File: e0d[1].jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px)
e0d[1].jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>42021067
>>
>>42021067
why not do both
>>
>>42021067
we have 2 generals for these

sage

>>42021085
fractional plates are good for bodyweight so you don't stall out with 50% increases in load
>>
>>42021121
wait, we have a body weight general?
>>
>>42021067
none of this makes sense

if it makes you happy you can do low intensity compound weight exercises everyday
>>
>>42021067
And why do you need to make this thread?

Do it, fit doesnt care
>>
>And why do you need to make this thread?

Oh I'm sorry I thought this was a place for discussing fitness. I made this thread because I wanted to know if body weight training is more effective than lifting.
>>
>>42021228
every good program is just as effective as the other, it just depends what you are looking for. IMO, body weight gives the most aesthetic look, but takes a lot of time to do in order to see results. your legs wont be as good and your strength wont be nearly as good as if you did w8 training. I also think that w8 training yields a faster outcome. different strokes for different folks

check out bwg fag
also, who says you can only go to the gym 1-2 times a week?
>>
>>42021228
No, you made this thread to bait. If you believe you'll make more "overall muscle" with just bodyweight go for it. Some people need to learn the hard way.
But chances are you already know something is odd in your idiotic premises.
>>
File: 1490234743144.png (689KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
1490234743144.png
689KB, 1000x767px
>>42021228
>>
>>42021272
So, you'll make more muscle with w8 training?

Not OP just a newby.
>>
>>42021141
search "bwg"

sage

>>42021271
you can do single leg squats, rolling/jumping squats, or horse stance for your legs

lots of stuff will work the legs, core, arms, and back at once, e.g., L-sits or front/back levers

this also demands a lot of strength, flexibility, and coordination

you can optimize resistance vs. fatigue and make nice spatial intelligence gains by adjusting leverage with your pose

i have never liked lifting weights but plenty of guys like it and get strong/aesthetic
>>
>>42021067
If you're doing it every day, you're training endurance instead of strength.
Bodyweight exercise can be done for strength, though it'll require building quite a bit of skill / balance / flexibility for the advanced moves required to apply heavy resistance. And/or doing more basic moves weighted...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.