[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age and workout regimen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: jeff cavaliere.jpg (10KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
jeff cavaliere.jpg
10KB, 203x248px
How does your age influence your working out /fit/?
Do you find yourself seeking different types of workout, advice?
State your age at the start of your answer.

>30 yo
>2nd lumbago last year, 2 weeks in bed, 8 weeks no sport on opiates painkillers.
>switched to high rep, low weight
>never been this lean nor this aesthetic, wish I did it earlier.

I know seek out workouts that provide the maximum level of "burn" with the minimal amount of weight.
I've been following pic related's advice more and more. Dude has the physique I aim for, and I feel he provides a way of working out which can be maintained well into your 50's, while preventing injury.

Just in from the gym, and I gave this a try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFLqFjY3Q5Y&t=243s

Holy fuark, this works. Big time. I used to do my flys 4*12 w/ 8kg/17lbs. Today, I struggled to do 4*6 with 3kgs/6lbs!

>LIGHT WEIGHT, BABY!
>>
athlean x has a nice body, super informative, successful and a good defined jaw

But something seems off about his face, is it cuz of the midface?
>>
>>42012966
>state your age
>1st answer, no age
>topic:workout
>answer: no mention of anything workout. "yeah, his face, hurkadurk..."

Never change /fit/
>>
I'd probably stick to the same stuff because gym is closed for two weeks and all I have at home is one dumbbell adjustable from 3 to 12 lbs. Also I'm pretty oldass myself
>29 y.o.
>had crotch hernia 5 years ago
Also when i did dumbbell or barbell OHP in the gym I felt some slightly painful tension in my lower back, but when I do back exercises - different pulldowns or deadlifts I feel nothing wrong.
>>
>>42012950
Yes I do higher rep stuff as well, because now that I am older putting up numbers is not as important as general and holistic health/wellness. I focus more on form and body awareness these days.
I lift only 2 days a week and fill the rest of the workouts with runs, hikes, bjj and yoga.
My goal is to continually improve my health and do things I genuinely enjoy, over some compulsive need to lift as heavy shit as I can like it was when I was younger and used to gym with bros.
>>
>>42013147

>My goal is to continually improve my health and do things I genuinely enjoy, over some compulsive need to lift as heavy shit as I can like it was when I was younger and used to gym with bros.

Spot fucking on Anon.
32, drank the heavy load Kool-Aid. before, as everyone, snapping my shit. switched to low-weight high rep, never looked back.

I feel like it's a trait of masculine psychology that it's near impossible to get this across to 20 yo guys, the same as I didn't listen when I was 20. We actually need to hurt ourselves to let something enter our thick skulls.
>>
ive tailored my workout routine around what i want: to deadlift heavy shit off the ground, farmers walks for carrying it around and pullups because it could come in handy

high reps/low weight worked for me, certainly seems to be the way to go for hypertrophy if thats your goal just from experience

Recovery doesnt seem to be a problem at the moment although im sure that will change as i get older, altering my sleeping pattern to maximize recovery has been noticeably beneficial to my life in many other mediums that just lifting thanks fit x
>>
>>42013206
i think it's more that you don't really think about getting old and planning for the future until it starts to happen, i know i worry about dying more now at 25 than i did at 20
>>
File: CAZTVw8VEAAobNw-1.jpg (24KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
CAZTVw8VEAAobNw-1.jpg
24KB, 485x303px
Every day 1-2 body parts
Hiit with rest pause and dropsets
Working off and in dir 20 years
All nat
Thicc
Dgaf about diet {i cook enduring myself)
14 yodaottir = me dadmode
>>
>>42013255
thinking of re-integrating deadlifts in my routine, following a high rep low weight scheme

Is that what you do? Any tips?
>>
>>42012950
Been recently switching from minimalist beginner strength routines to a custom GZCL template with lots of "bodybuilding" high rep work. It's only been so it's probably mad placebo, but I already feel bigger and tighter, and my joints feel great. Das the shit mane
>>
>>42012950
what do you guys consider as high reps, 10 reps or 15-20 reps?
>>
29. I wasted my 20s doing brosplits with zero strength foundation, so I looked DYEL after five years, shamefully. I'm racing like a motherfucker now to complete SS before I get much older. Looking forward to hopping back on the high reps train when higher weights and getting better results in a few months.

As I get older, I definitely need more sleep and more rest between sets. I rest 5-7 minutes between work sets now.
>>
>>42015970
10 years later
>I wasted my 30s doing SS and resting 5-7minutes between sets
>>
>>42016082
t. Young brat

SS takes a few months, not a decade. And the rest time isn't arbitrary. I know from experience how much time is necessary in order to put up the weight. There's no point rushing it only to fail the set. Results matter more than memes and I'm finally getting results.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.